Status: Sequel released!

It Was Easier Not Loving You

Moving Out

Niki woke up in a bundle of covers alone in her bed. She missed having someone else to share the bed with, but she despises the confusion through the day after waking up with Tre next to her. She rolled over on her back and stared at the ceiling for a good five minutes before looking at her phone for the time. It was barely past 10:30 and she knew Billie wouldn't be up for another half hour or so, so she decided to take a walk.

Niki searched the drawers for jeans, socks, and a t-shirt. She changed clothes, walked downstairs as quietly as possible, and laced up her shoes before walking out the door. Tre wasn't up yet, and once he was asleep he was dead to the world, so she knew he didn't hear the door open or close.

She walked a block down the street towards Billie's house and decided to go all the way. She figured they would be awak by the time she got there, and if he wasn't Adie would be since she would have had to taken the kids to school.

She finaly reached their house and walked up the drive way. She knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer. Finally the door knob turned and Adie opened the door.

"Hey, sorry to stop by so early. May I come in?' Niki asked.

"Yes, certainly. I was just getting ready to fix some more breakfast. Are you hungry?"

Niki stepped in and took off her shoes. "Uh, yeah, a little. I got up and came straight over here this morning."

"All the way from Tre's? That's over five blocks away."

"I know, but I was really wanting to talk to you guys."

Adrienne lead Niki to the kitchen and pulled her out a chair. "Here, have a seat and I'll fix you something to eat. What would you like?"

"It doesn't matter to me. Fix whatever you planned on fixing and I'll eat it." She smiled.

Adrienne proceeded to fix breakfast. Billie walked in the kitchen, wet hair, shirtless, with purple boxers and a surprised face.

"Hey, Niki, what's up?" he asked.

"Actually I was wanting to talk to you guys about something, but I thought we'd eat first."

"Okay, whatever floats your boat."

He sat down in the chair next to Niki at the end of the table. Adrienne finished fixing breakfast and set three plates on the table. They ate with some conversation, mostly about the upcoming tour and the kids. They finally finished and Niki helped Adrienne put away the dishes. They sat back down at the table and Niki took a deep breath.

"So, what was it you were wanting to talk to us about?" Adrienne asked.

"Well, I was wanting to know if I would be able to stay here with you guys. I don't want to impose on you, I'm just being a big baby and don't want to go back to living on my own."

"Did somthing happen with Tre, hun?" Adie asked.

"No...yes...well, sort of, but it's mainly my decision. It's a really confusing situation and I was wanting to stay here to clear my head before making any rash decisions."

"What's going on?' Billie asked.

"Well, as you both know, I've been living with Tre for quite some time now and as you have probably guessed that I do have feelings for him."

"Noo," Billie replied sarcastically.

"Billie Joe," Adie snapped and lightly slapped his arm.

"Well, he feels the same for me, as well as Mike."

Nik paused to let it soak in with the two since their faces seemed to stretch a little at the surprise.

"I like Tre, but I liked Mike first. Tre took me out for some fun when I was injured and took me in when I needed a place to stay. Since I'm not working anymore I can't pay bills for my own place and my leg injury hinders me from doing lots of labor. The walk over here was enough for me for a while. But back on topic. I decide that Tre is the one for me, that I want to be with him and Mike calls me up. I visit him at his house and he tells me he still loves me. Now I'm stuck between the two. I don't want to hurt them, but I can't tear them apart because they're jealous beings." She paused again. "I was just wondering if I could stay here for just a little while so I can clear my head. Waking up in Tre's house doesn't help because I'm around him all the time and can't keep my feelings away from him. Staying at Mike's would have the same effect. Being here I know I can be free of the distractions and also have support from you two."

"Yes, of course you can stay," Adie said. "We'd be more than happy to have you here."

Billie and Adrienne looked at each other and smiled.

"So when do you plan on moving in?" Billie asked.

"Actually, I didn't think that far ahead just in case you didn't want me staying."

"Proposterous!" he exclaimed, "why wouldn't we want you here?"

She could only shrug. She didn't have an answer and didn't want to answer it. "The eighth deadly sin is Assumption. Assuming kills people, you know."

They all chuckled. "True," Adrienne said.

"Well, I'll drive you to Tre's and you can pick up your stuff. Sound good?" Billie said.

"Well, I actually have to tell him I'm staying here. I didn't tell him I planned on leaving."

"Oh, well, it would be a good idea to do that. Don't go too hard on him. He'll bitch about it for weeks if you do," Billie said.

"Yeah," Niki paused. "That's what I'm afraid of. I don't want him to take it the wrong way, and I know I'm going to have to explain myself."

"You mean he doesn't know about Mike?" Adrienne asked.

"He knows what happened, of course, but he doesn't know he likes me."

"Shit,"Billie said, "good luck with that." He walked over to her and pulled her into a hug. "I just want you to know that you can stay here as long as you need to. You're part of the family now and we won't turn you down."

"Thanks, Billie, I knew you guys would understand." She hugged him tight. "Thank you guys so much."