Status: Sequel released!

It Was Easier Not Loving You

Listen With Your Heart

"So, how did it go?" Adrienne asked as Niki took off her shoes.

"Pretty good. Could have been better, I guess." She shrugged.

"What do you mean?"

Niki sat down on the couch and Adrienne joined her. "Well, most of the time he kept asking about Tre and our relationship and where we're heading. Of course I couldn't answer him because I don't want to jump to any conclusions. He just doesn't understand."

Adrienne wrapped her arms around Niki's neck and pressed their cheeks together. "Hun, he just wants to be reassured about whether or not you're with or against a relationship. He's getting tired of women wanting him for sex. It's hard being a rock star, you know?"

Niki nodded. "Yeah...now I feel bad about-"

"No!" Adrienne said, "don't feel bad. It wasn't your fault, and it wasn't his. It's over, you're both over it, and you're friends again. Don't fuck it up."

Niki gazed into Adrienne's eyes. She gave a little smile and threw her arms around her neck. "I'm glad you're here for me, Adie. I love you so much."

"Well, well, well, Billie likey what he see."

Billie stood at the doorway with his arms crossed and a big grin plastered on his face. Adrienne pulled away and threw a pillow at him.

"Oh hush."

"So, have you come closer to a decision?" he asked as he joined them on the couch.

"Not really. It's terrible having to try to choose between the two." She paused and stared off at the wall. "Billie?"

"Yeah?"

"If you were me and had to choose, who would you pick?"

"Damn, I don't know if I-" he cut himself off. "I see your point."

"Not even close, but yeah."

"Well, if I were you I would go lesbian and-"

"Billie Joe!" Adrienne squawked.

"Alright, alright," he replied as he pushed the air in front of him. "Honestly, Niki," he placed his hand on her shoulder, "I don't know if I could choose between the two. They're both my best friends and they've both stuck with me through all kinds of shit. But you haven't been with us for an extraordinary amount of time. I'd say you've had the most happening with Mike, but you've been with Tre the longest." He paused to let her take in what he said. Adrienne placed her hands on her shoulders from behind, placing one on top of Billie's. "I would just go with my instincts. Just close your eyes, take a deep breath, and think it through. Your instincts will tell you."

Niki gave a weak smile. "Thanks, Billie, I'll try and see what happens. I can always count on you guys." She pulled them into a hug and started tearing up. "You guys are the best."

"You're welcome, hun. We're always here for you if you need us." Adrienne hugged her neck.

Niki walked up the path to the front door and began to knock. Moments later the door opened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhanger! Who will it be? Give it a few days and you'll find out.
Comments please