Status: Sequel released!

It Was Easier Not Loving You

Your Love Binds My Heart

Niki and Mike walked into the Armstrong's kitchen and was met by the mounds of food entrees. Niki grabbed a plate and piled it full of cheese ball and crackers, an array of fruits, a slice of ham, and a side bowl of chicken and dumplings. Mike loaded his down with veggies with dip, fruits, cheese ball, baked beans, and another plate with desserts. They sat down at the counter and enjoyed their food.

"I'm glad we're on speaking terms again," Mike said after finishing a bite of cheesecake.

"Yeah, I just decided that I couldn't stay mad at you forever. Especially since I'm dating your best friend."

Mike looked back down at his food and nodded.

"So what's on your mind now?" she asked.

"Nothing, I'm just trying to clear my head. What happened those few months ago just came down on me all at once. I didn't realize how bad it was for you until you brought Alec here and she reacted with such spite. Then Billie came and bombed my little world. I was a stupid fuck. I don't know why I did that to you."

"Well, all is forgiven now. I'm just sorry that you had to put up with Jennifer for so long. She was such an insane bitch."

"No kidding. She wouldn't let me go. She had some fantasy that we would get married and have five kids. She wanted me to quit the band and move to some place in Wyoming or Colorado or something like that."

"Wow, that's terrible."

The kitchen door to the back yard opened and Alec's head poked in. "Hey, I've been looking all over for you."

"Well, here I am," she replied popping a strawberry into her mouth.

"Come outside for a minute."

Niki followed Alec outside with Mike close behind. Tre was sitting at a table in the grass next to the pool. He looked at her and smiled, as she approached he stood up. Alec reclaimed her chair next to Adrienne and glanced at her then back at Niki. He held his hands out, Niki placed her hands in his palms, and he held them tight.

"Hello, beautiful," he said as he pulled her close.

"Hey, handsome."

"Guess what."

"Great, this game again," she smirked and rolled her eyes.

"This surprise you'll like, I'm sure of it," he replied enthusiastically.

"Really now. Do I have to guess what it is this time?"

"No, I'd rather tell you myself. It's something pretty important we all have been talking about."

"Okay, lay it on me."

The boys in the pool suddenly started splashing water everywhere splashing Niki's leg and missing Tre by a hair.

"Boys!" Adrienne screamed. "No splashing near people!"

Niki chuckled and wiped her leg off then returned her attention to Tre. He looked at Billie and smiled. He knelt down and Billie handed him a little black box. Her heart started racing. He opened it up to reveal a gold ruby ring surrounded in diamonds. She felt as if the ring sucked the breath out of her when she laid her eyes upon it. She placed her hand on her chest and tried speaking but to no avail.

"Niki Jarvis, will you marry me?"

She tried speaking again and only whimpered so she nodded. He placed the ring on her finger and a tear ran down her face. She tackled him to the ground hugging his neck.

"Yes, I will marry you, Tre." She kisses the side of his face and rubbed their cheeks together. "I love you so much."

He wrapped his arms around her waist and held her tight. Joey and Jakob were groaning and making disapproving sounds. They obviously weren't enjoying it as much as he was. The adults laughed and applauded. Mike hesitated but joined in with the others. He knew that deep down he still loved her and now there's no chance he'll ever have her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Niki's Engagement Ring

Okay guys, this is the decisive moment. Will there be a sequel or is this the last chapter?