Status: Sequel released!

It Was Easier Not Loving You

Don't worry, I have an idea

Niki plopped down on the couch and turned on the TV, resting her feet on the end of the couch. She had three different families to come in with screaming kids and demon children. She slumped into the cushions and dozed off to TV Land.

"Jennifer, we're going to Europe and we were wondering if you would be able to watch the boys for us while Adrienne went with us," Mike asked.

"Uh, why can't I go?"

"Well, she hasn't gone with us to any away concerts for a while and thought it would be a nice treat since she always has the kids."

"So?"

Mike rolled his eyes. "Look, it's just for a week. We're not going too far. We're coming back here before we go to Europe."

She scoffed.

Mike shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Look, you need to quit being such a bitch and get a fucking grip."

She scowled and pursed her lips. "What gives you any right to talk to me like that?"

"Your fucking bitchy attitude, that's what! Quit being such a fucking princess and grow up!"

Her mouth gaped open and she pushed his shoulders. "Watch your language! You don't talk to me that way!" She poked her index finger in his face.

"Go home."

"Why? So you can have angry sex with some whore waiting for your phone call?"

"What is with you? You have some fucking serious issues. Go away, get out of my house."

Mike turned and began to walk away when suddenly she jumped on his back and began punching his head. She had her legs wrapped around his waist and was holding herself up with her punches. He struggled to throw her off and hit a wall causing her to hit her head. She released her grip, lowered herself to the floor, and held her head.

"Are you okay?"

She squeezed her eyes together and gripped her hair. She groaned. "I think."

"Here," Mike picked her up and laid her down on the couch, elevating her head and feet. "you need to calm down."

He ran do the kitchen and filled a Ziploc bag with ice and handed it to Jennifer.

"Thanks," she mumbled and he sighed.

"I'm in the mood for some coffee," Niki said out loud to herself.

She ran out of coffee a few days ago and never got around to getting more. She liked the coffee shop's coffee and cappuccinos anyway. She grabbed her keys and locked the door on the way out. She lived about a mile and a half outside town and liked walking so she didn't drive too much, especially in the traffic of California. She reached the shop, opened the door, and walked up to the register.

"I'd like one white mocha cappuccino, two espresso shots please."

"Yes ma'am," the boy said.

He took her money, fixed her mocha, and she grabbed a table next to a window in the left side of the shop.

"Yeah, man, I can't figure out any way to get rid of her," said a man behind her. That voice sounded familiar to her, though she didn't turn to look.

"We've tried for weeks to help drive her off but she just keeps clinging on and bitching about everything along the way. My step program failed at one. We can't even drive her off with kids because she's such a drama queen," said another voice.

That voice sounded familiar also. She took another sip and rested her elbow on the table placing her chin in her palm and stared at her full cup.

"I believe he's pretty well made up his mind after she freaked out at him for that girl at the photo studio looking at him. I really don't blame him either," said the first man.

"Yeah, I'd hate having to deal with that all the time," the second voice commented.

Niki's ears perked after hearing about the studio freak out. She sat back in her chair and listened closer to the conversation.

"I can't figure out what to do. She just won't leave."

"She's very persistent."

Niki turned and looked at the two men. Tre and Billie Joe. She knew it.

"Excuse me, I'm sorry to have been eavesdropping, but I couldn't help but hear myself being mentioned."

"Huh?" Tre questioned.

"Photo studio girl?"

"Oh, hey. Did you need something?"

"Well, if he's desperate to get rid of her just get a restraining order. Have someone help supervise that she doesn't get close to him and if she does just call the police."

Tre pursed his lips and tilted his head to the side thinking about Niki's advice.

"We may have thought of that once but felt it was too extreme," Billie mentioned. "Now it sounds like our only option." Tre nodded in agreement.

"Well, if there's anything I can do to help I guess you know where to find me."

"Yep, we'll be sure to stop by if we need anything." Tre gave a small smile, almost a smirk.

"Well, I guess I better be going," Niki lied looking at the clock on the wall.

"Alright, see ya," they said almost simultaneously.

Her heart was racing having talked to them. She was surprised she could pull off not stuttering her words or saying something stupid. She was sure to get out before the topic changed and say something off the wall or stupid. She walked fast back to the house and finally made it home in what seemed to be the longest walk ever. She unlocked the door and sat down on the couch taking deep breaths before turning on the tv and finishing her mocha.

"Wow," she said in astonishment. 'I can't believe she was mad at me looking at him. She must be the most jealous girlfriend ever.'
She shrugged off her thought and flipped through the channels and decided on watching Scrubs. She didn't plan on seeing them for the next few days, at least, since she's off on the weekends and today was Friday after hours. She could let her heart rest from rapid beating and nervousness for a few days. Plus she doesn't have to wake up at the butt crack of dawn to get ready for work. "Thank God for that," she said out loud to herself.