Status: I think I may ahve this completed by the end of tonight

Sorrentegra the Half-Breed

Final Chapter

“Those won’t effect me.” She said as he played with it in his hand.
“No- but it will make you bleed!” his eyes pierced right through her as he threw it. She didn’t expect his aim to be so good. It nicked the side of her wrist but didn’t clamp around. Small beads of blood began to pour out of her. She turned and ran. At least she still had a bit of speed left, but her healing powers were long gone. She dashed through the trees, hearing his laughter all around her. She was soon out of breath earlier than she was ready for. It pained her to run. She leaned against a tree for support. Out of nowhere another silver device flew from the air and landed on her other wrist. This time it clamped shut, pushing the needles deep into her skin. Her blood bubbled up and over the spikes. She quickly unclasped it and threw it to the ground. Ker appeared out of the shadows and picked it up, the blood shining on it.
“This will be the final blow I need to take the throne!” He said happily. How sad it was over so soon- I don’t really need you anymore- you’ve spread your blood plenty enough around the area- he should have no trouble finding you. I’d kill you now, but that wouldn’t be any fun. I think I’ll have you watch him die!”
He swooped down on Sorrentegra, careful to avoid her wound and her pure blood. She struggled free but she might as well be trying to free herself from concrete or stone. His grip was tight and she didn’t have any strength to fight him. If only she could get some blood on him. She reeled her head back and sunk her now dull teeth into his arm. He yelped in pain as she punctured his flesh. His blood squirted into her mouth and she gagged and spit it out.
“Why you insolent girl, I was going to let you live a little longer, but you seem so eager to die!” He slapped her hard across the face with his demon strength and she fell to the ground, dizzy. Her jaw hurt immensely and stung like fire. He took another step over to her and grabbed her by her hair. He pulled her up and then flung her aside. She flew backwards through the trees and her back connected with one her whole body slammed into the tree and she sunk to the ground, gathering splinters as she slid. She reached her hand back and felt more blood. Her hand was covered in it.
Ker marched towards her again when suddenly Traiga jumped through the trees and landed in-between Sorrentegra and Ker. His sword was drawn and aimed at Ker.
“So the guest of honor has finally arrived.” Ker said gleefully. “Don’t worry about disposing of the human, your highness, I’ve done the dirty work for you. I KNOW you don’t want to soil you hands with such filth. How awful that she tricked you. I, on the other hand have been such a loyal and faithful servant, looking after the tribe while you were always away. You know- it would almost seem like I rule them more than you-“
Traiga growled as Ker continued to pace back and forth.
“Run, Lord Traiga!” Sorrentegra said as loudly as she could. It was hardly above a whisper, “It’s a trap! Please get out of here!”
Traiga stood his ground, “well no matter, if you don’t want to give me the throne- I could always- TAKE IT!” Ker lit one of the bags of leaves on fire. Smoke began to pour out of it. Ker pulled up a face mask it looked like he had created. Traiga stood there wondering what the smoke was.
“Don’t breathe it, Lord Traiga! It will paralyze you!” Sorrentegra tried to warn him but she couldn’t yell any louder.
Traiga stood, somewhat stunned. He covered his face with his sleeve but he had already breathed some in. It wouldn’t be long until he started feeling the effects. He lunged for Ker with his sword. Ker easily dodged and threw one of the devices at him. It connected and wrapped around his ankle.
“Every time you swing your sword, I’ll throw another device at you! But don’t worry, if you hurry u and die you and your human mate can go to the other world together.”
Traiga lunged at ker again and just caught the back of his leg. But just as promised Ker threw another device. Traiga was ready so he hit it away with his sword. After Traiga dodged two more Ker said, “well, it looks like you’re just too good. I’ll have to make this more difficult for you.” Ker lit the second bag on fire. The smoke became so concentrated that even Sorrentegra could smell it.
Traiga was soon obviously slowed. Ker just threw the devices at him. Finally Tegra fell to one knee, unable to hold himself up.
“Aw- and I would have thought the son of a spirit would have been much harder to fight. No matter. I will end this now and claim my throne, you see, your friend over there, she’s pure human right now- and she gave this to me just before you got here.” He held up the device with her blood still wet on it. “You know, it was almost as if she wanted you dead, after all she IS a human!” He laughed manically holding the device like a precious jewel. Finally he stoped ad he threw it right at Traiga.
It hit him square in the chest. Traiga was so paralyzed that he couldn’t even writhe in the agony of his own death. Filled with rage, Sorrentegra stood. Her head felt dizzy but her thoughts were clear.
“You beast!” She called, “you’re worse than a human! You use the devices as though you were a human. You’re too afraid to fight fair. You don’t deserve the throne. Traiga trusted you. I’m only a half demon and I love the tribe more than you and I’m not even part of your kind! But I have a surprise for you!”
She walked up to him. She bled all the way, but he didn’t move. He didn’t think she would even make it. “You see, you were too blinded by power that you didn’t realize one very important thing! When you got that from me- I still had a little demon in me- but right now, I’m all human!” She pressed her wrist to his wounds and smeared her blood on him. She stuck one device into her arm and then thrust it into his chest, pressing it down as hard as she could. Ker screamed out in agony as the blood dealt the final blow. His blood gurgled up into his throat and choked him. He was drowning in his own blood.
She slumped to the ground just as the bags finished burning. Within a few minutes the air was mostly clear again. She lay on the ground for a moment but she had to remove Traiga’s devices. If she died here there would be no one able to remove them from him and she didn’t want him dying like that. She tried not to spill any of her blood on him as she gripped the devices. One by one she pulled them off. She was a human so they didn’t shock or hurt her. She was able to move quickly. She slumped to the ground after the final one was off.
Her vision was blurry and there was still another hour or two to go before she turned back. With her inability to heal, she was sure she wouldn’t make it. At least she was able to see the one she loved one last time. She didn’t shed any tears. She didn’t have any regrets.
Soon Traiga sat up. He held his head. Sorrentegra forgot about the painful headache after being numb from such a potent dose. She figured he would get over it quickly. He was strong. Suddenly Puk came running into the woods. He ran past them and then skidded to a halt and ran back.
“Wait- don’t kill her, Lord Traiga!” He begged, out of breath, “She is a really good person. Don’t be mad at her for not telling you. Wouldn’t you do the same? If you turned into a human would you really want to tell a whole demon tribe your absolute weakness? Also, she’s my friend and I would be really sad if she was gone. She helped me be able to get along with the others, and she lost her parents too, just like you and me. People like us, we need to stick together. She doesn’t have anywhere else to go. Humans won’t accept her- and other tribes who don’t know her like we do wouldn’t accept her. I think she was lucky to find you. You introduced her to people that could actually accept her, and now because she turns into a full human for a couple hours you’re going to kill her? Please don’t. She also turns into a full demon for a few hours too.”
“Puk-“ Traiga said, trying to get a word in.
“Also- she can remove the devices. Who knows when we’ll get attacked again by humans and we need her help. It was agony living for months with those things one. If you hadn’t brought her here we would still be in trouble. You’ve got to let her live- you’ve just got to.” Puk began to cry. He was so emotional and almost more talkative than he had been.
Sorrentegra couldn’t help but let the tears flow. Never had she been spoken so highly of by anyone. Even if it was just one person to accept her that was all she really wanted. She couldn’t think of anything more she wanted than someone to love her.
“Puk-“ Traiga said again, “look-I don’t know why you thought I was going to attack her- but tonight I came to rescue her. For once I have finally found something I, too, want to protect.”
He reached his hand over and brushed her hair. She flinched away from him.
“Don’t touch me-“ she warned, “I’m still a human-“
Traiga sat up and pulled her into an embrace holding her tight. He placed one hand protectively behind her head while the other held tightly on to her back. “Nothing is going to keep me from holding on to the woman I love.” He whispered into her ear.
Sorrentegra’s heart leapt for joy and went straight in to overdrive. She couldn’t even speak. She was worried, though. Wasn’t her pure blood hurting him. Then as if reading her mind he said, “and for the record, it would take a lot more than one person’s pure blood to get rid of me.”
He picked her up in his arms and headed back towards their land. A gentle throbbing went through her body just as the sun came up. By the time they were out of the woods her hears and fangs had grown back and her body was beginning to heal.
“What about Ker, who’s going to take care of the tribe when you’re away?” Puk asked.
“I’ve got someone better in mind.” Traiga said and patted Puk on the head, “someone who is as enthusiastic about protecting just one member of the tribe, I can trust to feel the same way about all the others.”
Sorrentegra finally found where she belonged. Lord Traiga officially called her a member of the tribe, and after a quick marriage ceremony it wouldn’t be long until it was permanent.
♠ ♠ ♠
the end dah dah dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I think this is the third story i've completed on this site. The other two were one shots. I'd love to hear what you guys think! Wasn't it weird and crazy?

The whole inspiration for this story started as how to write a hand massage (which I think was in chapte 4 of 5.....but as I was writing it down for my friend it became this full blown story.) Inspiration hits us in the weirdest ways!