Status: I think I may ahve this completed by the end of tonight

Sorrentegra the Half-Breed

Ending Chapter 2

“Oh no!” She exclaimed. Lord Traiga had returned but he was badly hurt. She rushed over to him and fell to her knees by his head. He was covered in the metal devices as well as open wounds and the scent of the demon poison, and she could smell different powders in his fur.
“Lord Traiga,” She solemnly whispered as she brushed his bangs from his face. He was burning up like he had a fever.
“Leave me-“ he whispered and coughed up blood. What had happened to him? Of course she couldn’t leave him.
She grabbed a bunch of fur and propped up his head. He seemed to have almost passed out. She didn’t have much time. She went to work unclasping the devices. He had five in the one arm she was working on. They seemed stronger and reinforced. She went over to the Baryn leaf pile, bit two of them open and quickly stuffed the wax into her mouth and began to chew it quickly. She worked to remove the devices. The first one shocked like crazy. So they were reinforced. She gritted her teeth as she continued to remove the other four. Her hands began to shake with pain as the third one fell. TO give herself a quick break she rubbed her hands together and put all the wax in one leaf, holding it for as long as she could until it was warm. She took a deep breath and continued to remove the devices. Finally the last two were off. She took the bottom of her shirt and removed all the acid that she could, quickly she scooped up part of the cream and smoothed it over his arm. She was thankful that the cream stopped the bleeding. She wasn’t sure it would work this time.
She moved over to his other side. His sword arm. She still had a little cream left over so she rubbed it on his wounds before removing the devices. She’d have to stop as much bleeding as she could. She went back over to the pile and just grabbed a handful of leaves, not caring that they sliced her hands up. She ripped the tops off of two again and began chewing. She removed the next device. She could feel blisters forming on her fingers but she ignored them. Tears began leaking from her eyes but she didn’t know why. She wasn’t crying from pain. She wiped them away and continued to work. Three more devices fell to the floor. She put wax back in the leaves. She rubbed her hands together. Quickly again. and placed the leaves between her blistered hands. As it was warming she ripped the top off of two more leaves and put the wick in her mouth. She took the cream and massaged it into his arm, making sure to go carefully over the wounds. The tears came faster the more she worked. The wounds seemed overwhelming.
Nearly an hour had passed and she was only finishing his second hand. She moved to his chest. He was breathing slowly and in ragged breaths. She found it hard to look at his clothing, seeing how many stab wounds and punctured the material on just his chest. She could also feel the demon poison saturating it. She had to get it off of him. She felt under his fur and found the clasps that held his shirt on. With nervously shaking hands she unfastened them one by one. She pulled it open, scared of what she might find. Wounds covered his chest and blood painted him. The smell of the poison was potent. She covered her nose and walked over to the water barrel. There wasn’t anything but fur around. So she ripped the bottom of her shirt off to use as a rag. She tried very hard to hold in her tears but a sob escaped her lips. She dipped a nearby bowl into the water barrel and filled it. She brought it back over to Traiga.
“I’m so sorry- this might be a little cold.” She poured the water slowly across his chest and down towards his stomach using her shirt rag to gently wipe away the poison. The scent began to gradually dilute and finally disappear off his chest. The blood was thick and washed onto the floor with the water. It continued to flow from his wounds on his chest. She dabbed the water away as best she could and scooped up the cream in her hands again. She carefully spread it across his chest, his muscles painfully tight under her fingers. She worked with blurred eyes from the tears. She so desperately wanted to save him.
Sorrentegra massaged around his wounds and spread the cream to make the blood stop. The wounds were so bad here that they didn’t stop bleeding as easily as the others. All she could do was continue to work. She worked her skilled fingers around, pressing the tension out as best she could. She was worried with how warm he felt under her fingers. He had a fever that continued to rise. She refilled the bowl and rinsed the rag in it, folded it, and placed it on his forehead.
She didn’t have time to stick around in one area. She knew if she could just get the bleeding to stop then she could go back to other areas. She moved to his feet. His legs seemed perfectly fine. His ankles and feet were the most pained. The bottoms of his pants were ripped and torn. She could just see small scratches from what looked like swords and a few more devices. She gripped them and unlocked them sending them to the floor. They burned and popped below her grasp. She only could remove two of the six before her hands burned like they were on fire. She couldn’t stop now. She held her breath and quickly as she could she removed the last four from both of his legs.
She wouldn’t allow herself to feel the pain. She had much more work to do. She scooped up the cream and massaged it into his first foot, making sure the acid was gone. Once the bleeding stopped she moved over to the other foot and did the same. Finally the bleeding stopped and she could work on his muscles. She started on the feet and massaged the pain from them, loosening the muscles and getting the blood to flow normally. It seemed like an hour had passed before she moved herself to his left side. She repeated the process on his arm working as hard as she could to loosen him up.
She continuously worked through the night, painstakingly massaging every nerve and muscle, trying her best to help him heal. Just before dawn his fever finally broke. She wiped the sweat from her brow and didn’t bother wiping the tears away, she knew they would be replaced soon enough anyway. When she finished finally with his chest she realized she had to get him off the floor. He was just laying in a pool of blood and water. Carefully she slid her hands underneath his arms and pulled him over to the pile of furs he used for his bed. He was heavy because of his build but she grit her teeth and moved him over. Before lying him down she removed the remains of his shirt. It was too bloody and wet to have it stay on. The cream had finally hardened holding all the wounds closed so they could heal. She only hoped she hadn’t hurt him too much if he was awake for any of it.
She situated him as comfortably as she could on the fur and covered him with another large piece. She had to keep him warm. Exhausted she went to his head and placed it on her lap. She braided his long silver hair so it stayed out of his way. She peeled the dried cream off of her hands leaving them relatively clean. She brushed his bangs out of his eyes and drug her fingers through his silky hair, gently rubbing his ears between her fingers. They were so soft and warm.
She could hear birds chirping outside and all of nature waking up. She really had taken the whole night to fix him. His breathing was still a bit unsteady but at least she got his wounds closed. She shuddered at the thought if she hadn’t been curious enough to see what the noise was. She was just happy he was back.
Hours passed and she continued to hold his head on her lap. She was glad no one dared to come back to his room or even go near it. She didn’t feel like telling people to shush or have them try and help. He just needed his rest now and that was all she could give him.
At one point she had to give her legs a stretch. They had fallen asleep and were pained. Carefully she lowered his head down on the fur and she stretched them out. She walked around d the room, pushing the devices out of sight with her feet. There was no way she was going to let Ker find them now that she knew he was planning something.
Lord Traiga groaned after a moment and she rushed over to him. Finally he made a noise. She looked to it as a sign he was getting better. She ran her hands over his muscles again, checking the status of his wounds. The smaller ones were almost completely healed but he wasn’t healing as fast as he normally did. At least he was healing. She finally went back to his head and placed it on her lap. His breathing was back to normal. She sighed in relief. Now all he had to do was get better.
She continued to stroke his hair through the day and into the night. He gradually improved and Sorrentegra began to feel foolish for thinking he might not have survived. She knew if she hadn’t gotten to him he may not have, but thinking he wouldn’t get better after she helped him made her rethink her healing abilities.
The night wore on without much trouble. She found it hard to keep her eyes open. She was exhausted but relieved. She watched him as he slept. His brow suddenly creased and his eyes slowly fluttered open. At first he seemed confused as to where he was, but then pain crossed his face. He seemed to remember the previous night but it didn’t make sense to him. Why was he still alive? Shouldn’t he have been dead?
His eyes looked up to see who was stroking his hair. Sorrentegra was staring off into the distance, looking as though she was thinking hard about something. He noticed blood all over her face and clothes, two tear stains down her face from her eyes. Had she wept for him? Why was she here? He couldn’t understand. Surly she hadn’t stayed up all night with him? Something even his mother wouldn’t do.
He could smell the Baryn leave’s gentle scent all over laced with her scent. Had she taken care of him completely by herself? He couldn’t smell anyone else’s scent anywhere. Why would she do this? He didn’t ask her to. Had he not told her to leave him alone? It was futile to try and save him, and yet- here he was. IN a great deal less pain than he had been in. There was something with this girl- something different.
He was surprised that all the devices were no longer on him. How had she managed to get them off? Even the humans in the area he had been in had trouble holding them for too long. He still felt quite weak but he knew he was going to be fine.
“Traiga,” she whispered, “please pull through.” Tears easily escaped from her eyes again making more trails of blood wash from her face. She made no move to wipe them away but continued to gently stroke his hair. He reached up with one hand and wiped a tear from her face. Surprised she looked down into his eyes. She placed her hand on his and more tears flowed. She hastily tried to wipe them away but they were soon replaced.
“Thank heavens!” she whispered and suddenly collapsed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whew..... that chapter was exhausting, but my poor little Traiga got attacked.

I always end up torturing at least one of my characters...... saddly this was intentional, though.

Tee hee, what will sorrentegra do now?

I lvoe you guys
I do
Seriously