Status: Coming Along

Show Me How A Heart Breaks

Listening.

After the IHOP incident, I felt an obligation to make John feel better, the first of which was to get him with his friends, so we drove over to Pat's house and saw Tim texting someone. I rolled my eyes kicking off my shoes and feeling the familiar white carpeting under my feet, only because all of the suburban homes in this neighborhood were constructed en mass, so we all had the same carpeting unless people changed it when they moved in.

"Sup son?" Tim asked hiding his phone in his pocket, he looked around hoping none of us would notice. I was holding on the John's somber hand tightly and if I could let go, I would've skipped over and asked who he was texting. Instead I brought John to the couch and we sat down, me in the middle.

"John's sad, we need to cheer him up," I said more as an order, John was still doing his pensive silence, mixed with somber speech. I knew he wasn't listening and Tim turned on the TV.

"Why don't you just have sex, that usually puts everyone in a good mood," Tim said shrugging. John poked up again, of course, and looked around.

"Yeah that would work for me," he nodded starting to stand up before I grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled him back down. He sighed and jutted out his lip, "please? pretty please?" He tried to bat his lashes and give me butterfly kisses.

"Oh, how can I saw no to that face? How about I give you some money and you can go pick a prostitute?" I said pretending like I was going to give in. John pouted and I hopped up, turning off the TV and after that we were off.

"I don't understand why I have to get dragged around just because John's a little girl," Tim muttered under his breath in the back seat. John stopped at a stop sign and turned and punched him. I was just laughing in the passenger seat.

"Where are we going?" John asked, debating between turning right and left at the light. I shrugged and pulled the seatbelt to allow me to give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Wherever you want," I whispered in his ears. John smiled and his eyes lit up as an idea popped into his head and drove us right. Tim looked confused and was double taking between us.

"Wait- what? What just happened?" Tim asked lifting a limp finger to motion between us. I laughed and turned innocently.

"John turned right," I stated and he scoffed, rolling his eyes before clarifying.

"No, I mean you two, what?" Tim asked still baffled. I saw John looked authentically amused as he sped to wherever he wanted.

"Oh, you mean John?" I asked, Tim nodded rabidly looking a little helpless as if he had to know everything, ever, "John's my baby daddy and he's taking me to the doctor to find out the sex!" I said my voice smeared with sarcasm.

"You two are assholes," Tim pouted in the backseat. He rested his head on the head rest, which is what they're there for. He chuckled and whined simultaneously creating a weird noise and finally sat up straight again, "no seriously what's happening?"

"Wow," I said shortly before John took control, turning us into a parking lot, I looked up and saw a Hooters sign and I turned to John accusingly.

"You said wherever I want!" John smirked annoyingly, before flashing his crooked smile and trying to win me over and I sighed. He already seemed happier so I decided to go with that. I nodded, getting out of the car and John looked to Tim for confirmation, "Really?"

"Really," I said over my shoulder and waiting for them at the curb of the sidewalk leading to a choreographed garden then a patio. John still had his jaw dropped.

"You are the best girlfriend ever!" John said wrapping his arm around me and kissing my head. I felt my heart twitch a little and a smile spread across my face, before I forced it back down and shrugged,

"I know," I said, keeping my arms crossed across my chest, Tim ran to keep up and forced himself between us wrapping his arms around us, it was awkward because I was the same height as him and John was much taller.

"So you two kids are dating now?" He asked finally realizing what was happening, he gave John a nod, as if I wouldn't notice. "Nice job, Johnnyboy!" He slapped him hard on the back making John cave in his shoulders a little. I laughed as the hostess looked at all three of us.

"So three then?" She asked with a sickeningly sweet high voice, I nodded politely and she grabbed three menus. She could count that's nice. Her over sprayed hair was probably stiff, just like her fake boobs. I smiled as she sat us at a tall table with barstools. John sat next to me and grabbed on to my hand.

"I'm getting me some wings!" He said happily and I rolled my eyes. This is super awesome. It was like ten o'clock in the morning we had already eaten breakfast, gotten coffee and now he was hungry. Did his stomach ever turn off? I laughed as I looked at the otherwise empty restaurant.

"This is weird," I said noting the emptiness of Hooters, it seemed much less festive and more dirty. A short fake blond with an orange tint to her came up smiling, underneath a ton or make up you couldn't even tell what she looked like.

"Hey guys welcome to Hooters, I'm Jupiter and I'll be taking care of you today," she said brushing Tim's arm as he checked his phone and smiled at her. "Can I get you guys anything to drink?" Her voice was fake as well.

"Can I get a coke and," John looked at me and I smiled putting down the menu momentarily.

"Can I have a diet coke?" I asked and she nodded writing it down and Tim ordered an ice tea, she told us she would be right back and I noticed the guys looking at her butt shamelessly as she walked away. I sighed loudly and tried to clear my throat, but then actually started coughing. When I finally stopped, tears were lining my eyes from the harsh coughs.

"Well I'm glad you two would save me if I was choking," I said taking a sip of the diet coke Jupiter had delivered. That probably wasn't her real name anyways, but hey I don't judge. I thanked her and John ordered for all of us. He turned as if he had just then said something.

"Hmm?" John asked, I narrowed my eyes to glare at him and he wrapped his arms around me and shook me lightly, "Walker, I'm kidding!" He said laughing a little. Tim was thought it was hilarious and I simply crashed into his chest.

"I am such a good person, my karma better be a fucking penguin!" I sighed and sat up straight as a big plate of wings was placed on the table, and a little cup of veggie sticks next to it, which I claimed right away.

"What?" Tim laughed before shoving a wing in his mouth letting the disgusting grease fall down his chin a little. i looked at John and he was doing the same, looking at me curiously.

"Penguins are my favorite animals," I explained taking a crisp bite of the celery cut up into a stick. They devoured the wings at an alarming rate and finally John paid pulling out a credit card. I finished up my diet coke, realizing I had to pee. I jumped down and made my way across the vacant eatery.

I stared at myself in a mirror for a little, for a little while it didn't look like me. With a dimming tan and skinny arms. I fixed my makeup to cover up the circles under my eyes and walked out after doing my business. John was standing up next to the table rubbing his belly contently.

"YES! That was awesome!" Groaned seeming a little overstuffed and I laughed rubbing it when he wrapped his arms around me, walking us backwards. I was really confused and couldn't see where I was going. John was stepping on the outside of my shoes causing me stumble over myself. Finally John stopped, even though I was still walking and kissed me lightly on the lips.

"You're salty?" I laughed, Tim made a juvenile 'ew' and I smiled, "shotgun!" Before running to the front seat, John gave me weird look and simply unlocked the door. I stuck my tongue out at him playfully and climbed into passenger seat.

"So now what?" Tim asked leaning forward and resting his arms on the back of each of our seats. John backed out using the rearview mirror and made an 'idunno' noise. I shrugged.

"What happens after you eat two very large meals within two hours?" I asked smirking at John, who didn't move in his eyes from the road, but wrinkled his eyes into a calm smile.

"You know what we could do," He said enunciating 'could'. Tim checked his phone again and was texting up a storm. Even before putting on his seatbelt as John got onto the driveway. I yawned, I hadn't gotten a good night's sleep last night and I was dangerously close to falling asleep.

"With Tim here?" I asked still sleepy and John's face fell a little. Tim's attention was caught with is voice, "Who ya texting buddy?" I asked adding a funny accent, he smirked mysteriously.

"No one," He said shoving his phone into his pocket, John looked curiously and investigated through the rearview mirror and nodded at me to say that is was girl based on his reaction. I bit my lip and turned my whole body around.

"It wouldn't happen to be a girl would it?" I asked and a slight blush came to his cheeks.

"No...," He dragged. Tim really was an atrocious liar and my smile grew with the brewing confidence in my gut.

"Does said person start with a T and end with an 'aylor'?" I asked.

"No...," He said in the exact same tone. I did a happy dance and pulled out my phone to ask Taylor if she was texting Tim, when she responded asking how I knew I smiled.

"You two can thank me when you two get married and have beautiful babies!" I said and John shook his head laughing at me, I turned my attention to him while readjusting my body to face the road. "What?" I asked cocking my head trying to get a read on his crooked smile.

"Nothing, you're just really weird," He laughed and I wasn't insulted. I looked forward at the afternoon air making the sky seem bluer than it actually was. I nodded, biting my lip.

"I know," I smiled and yawned again. Taylor texted me again, when I realized I forgot to text her back. I told her about the current situation, "So do you feel better O'Callaghan?" I asked looking into the sides of his greenish eyes.

"Yeah, my weird girlfriend totally cheered me up," John said with a loving tone laced in his voice. Tim groaned loudly, most likely for being stuck as third wheel while we were still in that "honeymoon" phase.

"Mm, she sounds like a hottie," I said sarcastically looking out the window, my smile overtaking my face and passing cars looking at me strangely as if I was giving them a happy smile.

"Oh she is, I wouldn't be dating her if she wasn't," John said pulling into Tim's driveway. I slapped him and he scoffed, "I was just kidding, babe!" he said flinching away from me and stepping out of the car after grabbing the keys from the ignition. A laughter filled the air, from the three of us.

"Wait, are you guys coming in?" Tim asked jokingly before opening the door. I pushed passed him and crashed on the plush purple couch in his room. It was amazingly comfortable, the kind of plush that it felt like you were sitting on a cloud. John sat next to me and I laid against his chest.

"Help yourselves," Tim said sarcastically picking up a video game remote control and passing another to John. I was so drowsy, I didn't really know what was happening, just listening to the sounds of gunshots and the occasional explosion lulling me to sleep on John's lap after he leaned forward to get into the game.

"Is she sleeping?" I heard TIm ask, I had stirred due to John leaning back and the absence of violent noises. I felt both of their eyes all over me and tried to stay completely still. I felt John move slightly, which I assumed was a nod. "What are you doing dude?!" I had no idea what he meant by that.

"What do you mean?" John asked, see Tim just needed to work on that in general. I sighed and moved my head slightly to appear actually sleeping before returning to my stillness.

"With Walker? Neither of you should be dating anyone, let alone each other," Tim said straining like he was picking something heavy up. Who was he to judge me, how did he know I wasn't a relationship person. I honestly met him a couple of days ago.

"What the fuck are you talking about dude? I like her so I'm dating her," John defended, making me want to kiss him, but I resisted and stayed still. Tim cleared his throat and breathed out.

"Dude, I was talking to Mitchell Mahoney," Now it all makes sense, "and she is nothing but trouble, she's a fuck-and-chuck," Tim shrugged, this time I was resisting an urge to punch him in the face. Mitchell Mahoney was an ex-boyfriend of mine, the reason we broke up was because he smothered me and wanted to be in a committed relationship. He wasn't interesting and he liked my ass, he didn't know anything about me and told me he loved me. Yeah why would I ever break up with a stud like him? The best part of it was how mature our break up was, him going around and telling everyone that I was a whore and that I couldn't handle being in a relationship.

"Shut the fuck up, that's my girlfriend you're talking about. If I wanted to get laid I wouldn't have to get a girlfriend to do it, you don't know what you're talking about. Back off." John said with more anger than I had ever heard before. He was just not having a good day today.

"Okay, well it wouldn't be the first time you dated a girl to get laid, so," Tim said casually. I rolled my eyes, inside of my eyelids and it was just very sticky situation. How did they even know MItchell Mahoney anyways?

"Tim, trust me. I know what I'm doing," John said, even more confusing and ambiguous. Great.