Status: Coming Along

Show Me How A Heart Breaks

Oh? Seriously?

When I walked into my house, my brother didn't hold the door open for me, I lugged my new books and dropped them on the dining room table, where I just did my homework and left my belongings. I saw John O'Callaghan, screaming at the TV and Garrett Nickelsen, who was snickering beating him at Halo.

"No! You cock-sucking ass-wipe!" John yelled standing up in frustration getting close to the screen, I laughed as Garret silently raised his arms up in victory like a gymnast. John looked disappointed before he saw me and nodded.

"What's up man?" John asked nodding slightly, that was the nod girls went crazy for and I got it five times a day.

"How was school, darling?" Garrett raised his voice to a falsetto and wrapped his arms around John. John ripped out of his embrace.

"Faggot," He laughed walking over our kitchen getting himself a coke. He chugged it and crushed the can. Tim came in behind him just in time to embarrass me.

"It seemed our little Patty boy has already met a girl," Tim said making his voice nasally and annoying like The Nanny, I rolled my eyes and blushed. Garrett and John turned their heads to look over at me. I looked down at my feet.

"No fucking way!" John yelled.

"It gets better, Johnny boy," Tim patted his shoulder before looking dramatically between us, "She's tall, gorgeous, legs up to here," He brought his hands up to his chest, "and a cheerleader."

"Oh!" John and Garrett called out, I stood awkwardly. Shifting my eyes,

"She doesn't like me like that," I said feeling my phone vibrate, it was a number I didn't recognize. I flicked them off as I answered the phone, "Hello?"

"Hey! This is Walker," She said happily from the other line.

"Oh, hey what's up?" I asked trying to lower my voice, Garrett however noticed this.

"Is that her?" he screamed, John quickly slapped him, the smack was so loud, I felt a stinging feeling, Garrett squealed as he tumbled to the floor, I was afraid she heard that.

"So are you busy in about five seconds?" She asked, I could see her on the other line putting her long brown hair up.

"Uh, n-no, why?" I asked surprised.

"I was wondering if you would wanted to hang out, I have a pool or something, Georgia's being boring and babysitting her neighbors with her sister," She proposed.

"I don't have a car, but I have a pool, if you want to come over?" I offered, I noticed John, Garrett and Tim all crowding around me silently leaning in an ear trying to listen. I let out a gasp when I saw them, because they shocked me.

"Oh sounds good, what's your address?" She asked I thought I heard her walking with keys jingling.

"4608 Roseland Cove," I listed out, all the guys looked curious and tortured they couldn't hear me. I heard her burst out in laughter.

"What?" I asked about her random bout of laughter.

"You actually live, like two streets down from me, so I'll see you in like ten minutes," I could hear her smile from the other side. I said goodbye and hung up. I felt like everyone let out a deep breath from trying to be quiet.

"Was is her?" Garrett screamed again earning a smack on the face from John. "Ow, what?"

"Shut up and let him tell the story," John smacked he sounded like a gay guy and I laughed shyly. Garrett rubbed his head and shot John a deathly stare.

"She's coming over to swim," I said running upstairs they seemeed excited for me. I turned into my bland room except with a futon couch with a purple comforter, I changed quickly into my swimsuit. I heard the doorbell ring a minute later, I raced down the stairs and sighed as I was too late. Walker was standing in her cheerleading uniform with a tote bag and a tall brunette behind her I recognized from the gym. She smiled brightly as the guys stared at them mouths agape.

"Hey," She said noting me, all the guys turned around and stared at me, shirtless and in striped board shirts.

"So are y'all Pat's friends?" The brunette asked, I'd never met her before so I had no idea how she knew my name.

"Oh sorry, I'm Walker and this is Taylor," Walker pointed, Taylor was shorter than she was with an athletic body, long pin-straight medium length hair. It was a little lighter and sun-kissed. She waved brightly, her eyes were large and green. I said hello.

"Yeah, this is my brother, Tim, my friends John Oh and Garrett," I pointed to each of them, she said a hello.

"Oh?" She laughed giving John a skeptical look, he nodded and leaned wrapping his arm around her.

"That's what I make 'em say," He smirked cockily she laughed and snaked out of his arm to the other side of Taylor.

"Oh! I almost forgot," She said digging out from her canvas tote bag a large bag of Doritos and a king-sized box of Sour Patch Kids, Garrett freaked out and snatched them. She raised her eyebrow laughing at his hyperactivity. "I felt bad inviting myself over and bringing a stranger. I kinda thought you wouldn't have any friends since you're new," her eyes got big and filled with guilt and opened her mouth holding out her hand as if she was trying to catch her words. "I didn't mean it like that!" All the guys and Taylor started laughing. She smiled awkwardly and handed the Doritos.

"Can we use your bathroom?" Taylor asked motioning towards the bag.

"Oh sure!' I said leading them down the hallway to a plain white bathroom. They both walked in and thanked me. Everyone had decided to run and get a swimming suit on. Garrett and John just borrowed them, Garrett ran into the closet and John walked into the bathroom Tim and I shared.

WALKER:

I was tongue-tied when Pat's friends opened the door, mostly because they were really, really attractive, but once I got on my ball my confidence came back to me. I changed into my bright blue bikini top and black bottoms, I had a matching bathing suit somewhere I just don't know where. Taylor changed into a pink bikini with zebra print bottoms, I laughed as we stuffed our clothes into the back. I walked out in my plain white cheer shoes and a towel thrown over my arm. Taylor followed me to the empty living room. I placed my tote on the floor next to the table and looked around.

"His brother is really hot," She said under her breath. I laughed nodding, I noticed a guitar in the corner and stood up to grab it. I started playing random chords, messing around with the chords. Garrett came running in with plain black board shorts on and a green headband over his face. I smiled laughing a little as he pretended to be a ninja, he came over and sat next to us on the couch.

"What's up ladies?" He said trying to mock Zoolander, I caught on and stopped playing momentarily.

"Well, I just feel like there's something to life that being really ridiculously good-looking!" I said in the same accent, Garrett seemed entirely too amused and jumped.

"You should play me a song!" He jumped up grabbing his sour patch, I assumed he had
claimed them, good luck trying to get those back without losing a finger. I smiled and shrugged.

"What do you wanna hear?" I asked, so far I liked Garrett he was very... happy. We needed more people like him in this world. I held the pick between my index and thumb.

"Play coffee shop soundtrack," He smiled brightly and I obliged. I looked down at the chords and start playing. I looked up and smiled,

"Are you going to sing along?" I asked not wanting to sing alone. He nodded eagerly so I started over and looked at him when the lyrics began,

"Should I write myself out of the history books, and mark a place in time for every chance you took? Don't get me wrong, I know you've got your life in place, I've learned to take the hint someday. I'm sure I'll get the picture, stop waiting up," I held out and saw Garrett with a mouthful of Sour Patch kids trying to sing along, I burst out in laughter.

"She plays guitar and is singing!" John said to Tim who was smiling brightly. I looked up embarrassed and put the guitar back on its stand I tucked my hair behind my ear.

"You have a really nice voice," Tim smiled, I thanked him awkwardly. I stood up and rubbed my flat stomach, I still felt bloated from Chipotle, but I decided not to mind, there was no one here to impress.

"Don't smell my shoes," I laughed kicking them off and everyone gave me a weird look, I turned around and shrugged. "I took my shoes off last year and I turned around to see Seth Goodman sniffing my shoe commenting on how bad they smelled. I laughed, John laughed his head off and walked ahead and jumped in creating a big splash, strange for a skinny boy like him. Pat came out and yelled, he tried to do a cannon ball but someone ended up doing a belly flop, Taylor and I bit our lip in pain, while whisper 'ow' under our breathes.

"OW! Mother fucking duck sucker!" He called out when he resurfaced, Taylor and I couldn't help but laugh when walked over to the ledge and tried to investigate his new pink belly. I was shocked as Garrett came out and pushed us in. I fell in and spit out the water had seeped in my unexpecting mouth, I simply gave me a glare and pointed to him, he smiled cutely and I pointed suddenly turning it down and in the water to say that 'you are going down'. I swam over to get out and walked over to him. He shrieked and ran off, I chased him around and finally caught on him. I tackled him down to the ground and he waved wildly. Tim came over and lifted him over his shoulder, I got up and put my hands on my waist and smirked victoriously. I pounded fists with Tim we smiled laughing, suddenly I felt my body get pushed into the water, yet again.

I bobbed up and gasped I saw John grinning, I flicked him off and swam over to where Pat and Taylor we splashing Garrett.

"No! It's not fair!" Garrett said being overpowered, two to one. I laughed and swam over to the steps, entertained by these people. I saw a pair of legs slide into the water next to me, I turned and saw John who was smiling brightly.

"You look familiar," I said looking at him up and down.

"Well, I'm the lead singer of a band?" He suggested, I shook my head and scanned my memory.

"Did you go to Summerwood?" I asked he nodded wondering where I was going with this, I flung my head around and saw Tim beating his chest like Tarzan before jumping in and coming to Garrett's rescue. I smiled as the memory flashed back to me.

"You were the baseball player who dated half the girls on the cheer squad! I was a sophomore, I remember girls crying and giving each other mean looks when you fucked 'em and dumped 'em!" I said excitedly that I had actually remembered and that he knew that I had my eye on him. Not like that, like in a guards up way, not like a I'm attracted to him, because that would be weird. What?

"Guilty," he shrugged and I scoffed swimming away to the edge near Taylor.

"Hey, do you wanna head out?" I asked looking over at my shoulder I saw John Oh's face perplexed she shrugged and we climbed out.

"No! Don't leave!" Garrett called out we laughed and waved goodbye. I wrapped my towel around me and rang out my hair. Taylor was still giddy from her interaction with males today. I picked up my bag and we walked ourselves out. I let my mind drift as I dropped Taylor off, I was zoning out as she was talking about Tim, it went straight to John's bright hazel-green eyes, and long hair he pulled off so well. I sighed and stuck my tongue out digusted.

"He's a dirty boy Walker!" I said to myself, "a hot dirty boy." I sighed. I saw my younger brother staring at me talking to myself and I smiled innocently, really hoping he couldn't hear what I was saying, or read minds. "He probably has an STD or something," I muttered to myself. I re-wraped the towel around me when I got out and I walked around to pull my bag and shoes out of the back seat.

"Hey Walker," my twelve-year-old brother smirked, I said hey giving him the weird sibling look and walked around the sidewalk to my front door. I sighed once I got inside, I changed into my running clothes and wiped my long wet hair into a tight bun at the top of my head. I needed to clear my mind, and to do that I needed to go for a run. I needed to stop thinking about school, about art and most of all John "Oh".

But seriously, oh?! I snickered to myself before plugging in my iPod into my ears and taking off down the sidewalk listening to a catchy rap song.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the story is picking up, I just realized how slow the first three chapters are so hopefully someone makes it to here.