Status: Coming Along

Show Me How A Heart Breaks

Interesting.

When we pulled up to the O'Callaghan's house I was a little bit surprised, firstly how it was on the "high-end" side of the suburbs, but also ridiculously close to mine. No wonder John had time to find my house, he was probably just coming home from Garrett's. Rex and Jake were talking about how cool it was getting a ride from a senior. I looked at Pat who was air-drumming along to A Day To Remember, we had that in common at least.

"Sweet," Jake said following Rex into the house. I turned off my car and grabbed my school bag from where Pat's feet had been. I saw Tim and John waiting for us at the table.

"I feel like a soccer mom," I sighed, Pat and Tim laughed but John wasn't paying attention, he was lost in his thoughts. Suddenly a pretty, petite blond woman came out, she was wearing a suit and looked like she was on her way out.

"Hello, you must be Walker," She smiled shaking my hand shifting her briefcase from her right to her left hand to do it. I nodded and shook hers while smiling sweetly. "I'm sorry you must get this all the time, but I was expecting a boy when Rex told me your name." Normally this would piss me off, but she seemed really sweet and had one of those voices genuinely nice voices that you would just feel bad being mean to.

"Yeah, I do, but its fine after all it is a boy's name," I said shrugging my shoulders. She laughed lightly and brushed my arm.

"Well, thank you for helping them, normally I can't get any of my boys to get away from the TV to do school work, so I was surprised when he asked me if a tutor could come over," She smiled checking her watch, "but seeing you I suppose French isn't the only thing on their minds!"

"Mom!" John and Rex both called out at the same time. I laughed awkwardly looking around before silently agreeing with her.

"Don't worry, the Kirch boys will take good care of you, John, I have to go back to the office, there's money in the kitchen for dinner. Your father's still in Chicago for business and take care of your brothers," Mrs. O'Callaghan said turning stern towards John, she hugged each and everyone one of us, even me, which was more caring of a mother than I was used to.

"Bye," We all said in our own little ways. John sighed loudly and I rolled my eyes at him. Someone was a little moody, yesterday he was all Humphrey Bogart and smooth, now it's silence and not wanting to be around me. I hate to say it, but he was acting like a thirteen-year-old girl.

"So, French," I said clapping my hands together and following the two sophomores into the kitchen. It never struck me as odd to be the only girl in the house, especially since my mother and her wandering eye kept her out of the house most of the time.

"Are we actually going to study?" Jake asked, looking up from chugging a soda, he finished his sentence early to burp. I gave him a stern look.

"I'll make you guys flash cards and you guys study for a while and I'll test you, if you pass. I'll kick your ass at Madden," I shrugged this earned me a look from everyone in the room.

"You play X-Box?" John asked skeptically.

"I think I'm in love," Tim said as if in a daze, I laughed and nodded, tucking a loose strand of hair that had fallen.

"First, I need flash cards and a pen," I said following Jake and Rex to the kitchen table, once I was done making a set for each of them I looked to see there was no one else in the kitchen. What would anyone else do, I snooped. I turned from the all-white kitchen to the southwest themed hallway, I passed family portraits of little kids growing up, a wedding and stopped when I heard voices.

"John, what the fuck is with you?" I heard a voice I recognized as Tim, I followed the to just outside a door that looked like a laundry room. A weird choice for a secret club meeting, but whatever.

"I don't know, dude, why am I even wasting my time on her?" I recognized that raspy voice as John and felt a slight singe on my cheeks. Flattery or confusion or both, I hadn't decided yet. Then again I didn't even know if he was talking about me, he did have a reputation.

"D-dude, what do you mean? What's wrong with Walker?" Stutter, definitely Pat. Well I guess that clears it up. Now I had to choose between confusion or flattery.

"I don't know I was texting Jared and he was just saying all this shit, how she's like volunteers on weekends, Varsity cheerleader since her freshmen year, she plays the guitar and sings, more importantly she plays X-Box! I do girls who want to be Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders not fucking doctors okay?!" John said like he was reading a list he had previously wrote down.

"So? She's a girl, you're a boy, at least I think you are, make it fucking happen. You're John fucking Oh! God, suck it up man and grow some fucking balls," Tim pepped him up, I heard steps and panicked walking further down the hall, I saw frames and pretended like I was reading them the whole time.

"Walker?" Pat asked, I pretended like this was the first time I noticed their presence.

"Oh, hey, I was looking for you guys," I lied, I pointed to the certificate, "So you're mom's a lawyer?" I said looking John in the eyes and he smirked his damned cocky smirk.

"Yeah, but that's my dad's law degree," John said. I looked at it, fuck, he was right. I just saw O'Callaghan, I assumed it was the mom. I held it together with grace.

"Yeah, but that down there is your mother's right?" I lied and hoped for some hail Mary. John chuckled and walked back into the kitchen muttering 'yeah'. Score one for me, I followed Pat who gave me a weird look like I was a ninja or something. I was pleased to see Jake and Rex studying and looked up to see me blushing slightly.

"Did you guys just have a threesome in the laundry room?" Rex asked nodding with a perverse smile on his face and Jake coaxing him on with the same sick smile.

"Fuck you, besides there's four of us," John said smacking his little brother and Jake in the head before sitting down and looking at the cards.

"Ow, yeah I know, but Walker was outside of the room spying on you guys," Jake said rubbing his head. I flushed slightly and smacked him on the head walking and sitting across from John.

"No I wasn't," I said collecting the cards from them and shuffling through them preparing to ask questions. I kept my eyes down as John's began to scan my face for confirmation.

"Yeah, you-" Jake began before I cut him off.

"Alright, you?" I asked.

"Tu," Jake and Rex answered in unison.

"Good, I like juice," I asked again reading off the card.

"J'aime le jus," Jake and Rex answered again. I repeated this until all the cards were done and I hugged them congratulating them.

"Alright let's do this," Rex said getting up from the table, I looked confused before realizing he was talking about the game. John looked amused and followed. I saw the Kirch brothers looking at the flash cards and seeming the slightest bit confused.

"Let me just warn you, I grew up with three brothers, all of whom are obsessed with this game," I said taking the remote Jake was handing to me. Jake rebutted that he was a guy, sure enough like I promised I beat all of them three out of three. I got up and did my victory dance which consisted of the moon walk, the disco dance and the peace sign. John looked around like the world was ending.

"Wow, that is just awful," Tim said shaking his head and I laughed, I wasn't delirious, I knew it was bad and that was the beauty of it. I had just won something so hard, that I could afford to dance like an idiot.

"Sticks and stones, Timmy, besides I know you're jealous," I smiled before, feeling my phone vibrate with an invite from Taylor. I had to remember to flaunt her, I'd do it later. Tim shrugged and Pat was running around the house chasing John's cat until it got up above the counters and started hissing defensively.

"Two out of three," He said. I shook my head and checked my phone.

"I really should be getting home," I said putting my cell phone back in my pocket and John seemed disappointed.

"Stay for dinner?" Rex said looking up from the couch. Jake popped up behind him and both of them gave me puppy-dog faces, which were admittedly cute even for pubescent boys. John laughed as I groaned, 'fine'.

We ended up ordering pizza, and after about thirty minutes I heard the doorbell ring, John grabbed the money and started walking to the door and I grabbed his hand.

"Wanna do something fun?" I asked.

"I'd love to do something fun," He raised his eyebrows and his eyes shifted to my breasts. I smacked him before telling him the plan, he opened the door and we saw a middle-aged man with balding brown hair.

"Hey, 11.68," He said barely looking up. John patted his pockets, and looked around cursing under his breath. Finally he looked up, with an annoyed look on his face.

"Hold on, my wife probably has her wallet," I heard him say, I switched my silver ring from my right ring finger to my left, and tied on an apron I had found in John's kitchen. "Honey!" He called out and I grabbed the money.

"Yes, darling?" I said, holding out my chest and wrapping my arms around his waist.

"I seemed to forgotten the money in my pants," He said smiling, I looked down and revealed that he was only wearing boxers and the v-neck from earlier. I chuckled and I saw the delivery man's eyes grow wide as he saw John's lack of pants.

"I'll go get them," I said smirking getting really close to his face, so that the bridges of our noses touched, and turned around. John smacked my ass playfully and then I stopped. "You know what, I have some money from that game we were playing earlier," I said pulling the twenty out of my bra and I handed it to the delivery man who shoved the boxes in John's arms with his jaw dropped.

"Sorry, date night, you know," John shrugged as the delivery man handed me the change with look of disbelief and turned around, walked away muttering 'lucky bastard' under his breath. Finally he closed the door and we both broke out into laughter. The boys gave us curious looks from the kitchen and after we handed the pizza to the very happy boys, John grabbed my hand and pulled me up some stairs and into a very messy room.

"John?" I asked under my breath, he turned around and smiled after putting on some Death Cab for Cutie, "do you take all the girls tutoring your brother and his perverted friend up to your room after faking an awkward moment?" I asked trying to sound seductive. He laughed and walked close to me wrapping his arms around me.

"No, I just think we should rehearse for next time," he whispered pulling my face so that our noses were touching again. I looked into his eyes and felt my heart speeding up.

"Oh, yeah?" I asked letting my body melt into his.

"Yeah, only we should add this," He said before kissing me, softly but then deepening it. I felt his warm breath on my lips and everything felt so natural. I felt his tongue cross the threshold into my mouth, moving my arms around his neck. He pulled my body deeper into his.

"What the fuck are you two doing?" A voice shrieked, we both pulled away and stood apart from each other, as if the more distance we had between us would make us look more innocent. I'm sure by now I was bright pink and John just looked amused and annoyed.

"Practicing for the school play," I lied on the spot to Jake and Rex who had apparently gone looking for us at the request of Tim, who I was going to kill later.

"Right, except he already graduated and you two should get a room," Jake said laughing slightly.

"Well to be fair, we had one, then you opened it," John shrugged I laughed at him and he nodded reasonably. "You know what, fuck you guys because I was making out with a beautiful girl, and your presence isn't going to hinder that!" He said grabbing my hand and pulling me into his arms and into his kiss. I heard them both called out in disgust and report to Tim.

John smiled after breaking our kiss and our eyes opened, I bit my lip and smiled up at him mysteriously.

"What?" He asked smirking slightly.

"Nothing, just that you think I'm beautiful," I smiled, leaning my forehead against his cheek, he kissed my cheek which was a little awkward, but he managed to do it. Then I got up off him and started walking away through the now open door, I smiled over my shoulder, "and I think that's the biggest word I've ever heard you use."

He chuckled and caught up to me, trying to sneak one more kiss before we walked downstairs and went back to immature boys.

"Maybe you could tutor me in tongue- I mean vocabulary," he whispered in my ear, his voice sending shivers down my spine. I started walking down and held on to his hand, before turning into the kitchen letting mine fall to my side.

"Maybe. You know you're full of surprise John O'Callaghan, I might just have to take my clothes off and get freaky with you," I stated coyly, I turned into the room and John's mouth was hanging wide open.

"Really?" He asked following me around, Jake and Rex looked at us with shaking heads and Tim and Pat smirked with an exclusive knowledge.

"No, what?" I laughed, John's face fell and I laughed taking a slice of pizza and biting into it, it sank right to the bottom of my stomach and it felt so good after eating an apple for lunch. Suddenly temptation kicked in and I must have eaten about five slices. I was full beyond belief and filled with an unbelievable guilt. "where's your restroom?"

Rex pointed me to down the hall, I thanked him and made my way chugging a water bottle John handed out. I locked the door once I got in and crouched by the toilet, I stuck my fingers down my throat and rejected the notion of food entering my body. Once I was done I was shaking, I looked in the mirror, at my smeared makeup and teary eyes. I tried to fix myself as best I could and flushed the toilet.

"Are you okay?" Pat asked noting my changed demeanor. I nodded smiling happily. Perfect.