Status: Coming Along

Show Me How A Heart Breaks

Lyrical Lines.

I looked around at all the guys and smiled. They all chowed down a ridiculous amount of food and still had the bodies of twelve year-olds except for Tim who was more built than that. I looked to all of them and pulled my keys out of my pocket standing awkwardly.

"Well I should probably get going," I said pointing over my shoulder with my thumb, then I remembered Taylor, "Hey Tim! Do you remember that girl I came to your house with? Taylor?" I asked he nodded confused and I took a piece of scrap paper and scribbled her number down. "Call her, love her, thank me," I smiled and he looked confused but took the paper.

"Are you sure you have to go? I think I can probably beat you now that I have some food in my body," Jake smirked cockily. I shook my head and looked at my phone again. I definitely had to leave.

"Maybe later, alright?" I asked starting to walk out.

"Wait up, I'll walk you out," John said putting down a slice of pizza to catch up to me. Jake and Rex started making 'ooh' noises and I heard someone shush them so that they could hear. There was nothing to say until we go to my car.

"That was a really great walk, it felt like we were talking forever," I said sarcastically unlocking my car and opening the door. John laughed and came around so that there wasn't a car door between us.

"So I was thinking, maybe I could have your number and we could get together later?" He asked rubbing the back of his head. I might have moved a little too fast with John earlier, I forgot he didn't even have my number.

"Maybe," I shrugged sitting in my driver's seat and turning on the ignition. He smirked cocking his head wondering when I was going to give him my number. "I hope you're either a really good stalker or really creative," I smiled closing the door, I backed out and blew John a kiss who still had his jaw dropped. I needed to brush my teeth but first I needed to see Georgia.

It was a quick driver to her house, especially when singing along to cheesy shit on the radio. I pulled into her driveway and noticed only her car was home. I walked right in since I basically went there everyday. I thought that the house was empty until I heard a noise from upstairs. I walked up and bumped into Kennedy right as he was coming out of the bathroom. I looked at him curiously.

"I'm really sorry," I apologized and he awkwardly shrugged and smiled at me. I looked down at his half naked body except for boxers and I rolled my eyes. Wonder what Georgia did today.

"No, it's cool. Let me just tell Georgia you're here," he said moving quickly to her room. I heard a little squeal and scurrying around, I decided to wait downstairs for the awkward moment about to ensue. I crossed my legs on the couch and saw Georgia who came down in Nike shorts and an oversized shirt.

"What are you doing here?" She hissed at me, I was assuming so Kennedy couldn't overhear our conversation I looked at her up and down.

"You weren't at school today and I wanted to check on you!" I said raising my voice to match her harshness.

"Well you shouldn't have have just walked in! Jesus dude!" She said checking over her shoulder every five seconds in an almost paranoid manner.

"Well, trust me I won't," I rolled my eyes and imagining how much worse this situation could've been. "Speaking of, what the fuck are you doing?!" I asked and she smiled giddily.

"I think we're going to get back together!"

"Yuh think?" I said sarcastically. She gave me a flat look and placed her hands on her hips for not sharing her enthusiasm. I was happy for her being happy, but frankly Georgia was a little bit of a heartbreaker and after she broke up with Kennedy he quit his last band and holed up in his room.

"I know that look," She looked at me accusingly, I looked up and faked a merry smile so she couldn't read my face, "that's the look when you think something is a bad idea, but you know I really want it so you won't say anything!"

"Do you see how much that happens for it to get its own look!" I said putting my arms up defensively. She sighed holding her tongue as Kennedy came down now fully dressed and staring awkwardly at me.

"Georgia are you ready to go?" Kennedy asked pointing to the door, she looked down at her outfit and shook her head.

"I'll be at your house later tonight to discuss," She said pulling me up and basically pushing me out the front door as I waved goodbye to Kennedy over my shoulder. I walked alone and sat down in car.

"What the fuck?" I exclaimed, this was boiling down to be the weirdest day of my life. Making out with a hot cocky bastard, going to talk about it and finding my best friend in a compromising position with her hot neighbor. I had two urges, one to go home and eat the entire contents of my pantry and the other to run a fucking marathon and clear my mind.

I drove home singing along to Taylor Swift, full blast. It was gay and I loved it, I was basically screaming and once it turned to commercial I dialed down the volume, pulling up to my drive way I sighed. I didn't feel like being home, it was getting late the sun was long gone and I figured my mother would either be out on the social scene leaving me and Tristan home alone. I pulled myself out of the car and grabbed my stuff, I walked into my house to see my mother in a white cocktail dress putting in some pearl earrings.

"Walker," She seemed relieved, she was going to ask me to keep an eye on Tristan when she went out with an "old friend" and didn't come home until after we were already asleep. I sighed and faked a smile, "Alright, I'm going out with Jeff, he's an old friend, I need you to babysit Trist tonight and I'll pay you in the morning, you look a little thinner, did you purge?" She asked like if I had gotten an A on a math test.

"Yeah, I did. I can do that," I nodded just wishing she would leave. She kissed my cheek and whispered a goodbye before running out of the house. I saw Tristan from the top of the stairs. "Hey kid, what do you want to do?" He shrugged and I waved him down there was an
undeniable sadness laced in his eyes.

"What's wrong, bud?" I asked him sitting on the bottom step with him. I wrapped my arm around him loosely and he sighed looking around.

"Mom said she would help me with my book report," He said disappointed, it was clear she had forgotten completely otherwise she would've added that to my list of duties for tonight.

"What book?" I asked, pulling away slightly so I could look into his eyes, we had the same hazel eyes only he had dark blond hair messily construed into the cool outgrown look.

"The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn," He groaned laying back on the stairs.

"Dude, I read that book I can help you go get your stuff and report to the kitchen table," Tristan's face lit up and he sprinted back up the stairs. I heard my phone vibrating from inside my purse and I got up as I called out, "What do you want for dinner?" I fished around before pulling it out and seeing a number I didn't know I sighed kicking off my shoes and starting up the stairs to change into something more comfortable. "Hello?" I asked.

"Is this Walker Emerson?" an unfamiliar voice asked from the other side. I was so not in the mood to be preached at to buy car insurance or a credit card.

"Depends, who's this?" I asked preparing to hang up if it was a sale rep.

"John," I stopped in the doorway to my room. I looked around as if he was waiting for me. I let down my hair so it reached my back in long waves.

"John? How did you get my number?" I asked, I started walking again and closed the door with my foot, stripping off my jeans and replacing them with random work out shorts. I found a random black shirt on my desk, and waited for him to answer as I pulled off my shirt.

"I have my ways," He answered, I snorted and put my hands on my hips as if he could actually see my skepticism. "Anyways, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight."

"Tempting, but I'm watching my little brother so, unless you want to come here and help out on a book report of Huck Finn, you're out of luck," I laughed sarcastically. I pulled the black shirt over finally and realized it was a low cut v-neck. I shrugged and started down the stairs.

"Sweet, I'll be there in like five minutes," John replied happily, I chocked on words.

"Wait, that wasn't-" I started.

"Kay bye!" John said before hanging up. I groaned, I had enough of John for one night and I didn't trust myself with him, I would just have my little brother chaperone. I turned my head to see my brother looking at me with a smile on his face, binders and book piled up in his arms.

"What are you so happy about?" I asked starting to walk down the stairs he shook his head and let his smile broaden.

"I like John, he's like a big brother kind of. Besides I think he'd be good for you and your eating disorder," He said passing me and I stopped in my tracks tilting my head at him. How did he even know that was John and he couldn't have known about something happening because it just did.

"What eating disorder? And who says I like John? How do you know all this for Christ's sake, you're fucking twelve!" I asked looking at him, his smugness disappeared and he sat down.

"We learned about it in school, its called bulimia nervosa," He struggled out and retained his matter-of-fact state. I scoffed and nodded about to deny it when he started talking again, "I can hear you, I'm not dumb. People die from it Walker," he said looking at me with scared eyes.

"Dude, I'm fine. I'm not going to die, so you can chill out, now let's get this project started so that you can make a hundred and kiss my ass for the next fifty years," I joked easing up the tension. I heard the doorbell ring and Tristan sprang up to eagerly answer the door. "Five minutes, my ass." I muttered turning to see John being pulled in by Tristan. He sat next to me and waved awkwardly.

"So what do you need help with?" John asked breaking the silence and leaning back on his chair. Tristan simply smiled and like his plan was coming to fruition pulled out three pages of notebook paper.

"My conclusion," I was under the impression he hadn't even started this whole project and I scoffed. John pulled his paper towards him and started scanning it. I saw him looking at me through the corner of his eye and smirk. I simply rolled mine and moved my eyes to Tristan.

"Your conclusion should be everything your introduction, with the addition of a closing, summing up statement. One last punch, you know?" I said trying to explain.

"Oh, I get it now," Tristan said animatedly and grabbed the papers from John and started writing away. I sighed and rested my head on my left hand crossing my legs. I brushed John ever so slightly and felt my skin tingle. I ignored it and watched Tristan intently scribbling away.

"I think he didn't really need help with his homework," John whispered to me, putting his hand on my thigh. I looked at him with big eyes, to say 'what are you doing?' and he chuckled. We looked back to Tristan who had finished and smiled.

"I'm gonna go type this up," He popped up from his chair and ran to the office. I wiped John's hand off of me and stood up.

"Do you need any help?" I didn't want to be alone with John, this would totally interfere with my hard-to-get game plan. John followed me I stood in the doorway.

"Nope, you two can do your own thing!" He said typing happily, fixing it with the right clicker to fix his misspelt words. I cursed under my breath and I saw John smirking leaning against the counter.

"So, it's just me and you," John began.

"And my little brother," I said bringing down his insinuation. He followed me out into the main hallway and I looked around for something, anything to distract me. I finally settled on making dinner which would be spaghetti and meatballs. I kept dodging John as I crossed the kitchen gathering and preparing what I needed. Once the noodles were in the water, the tomato sauce in the pan John stopped me from slicing vegetables.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked a brooding concern in his light eyes, I started chopping again and nodded, to say yes. He stopped me again and I sighed, "GIve me something, give me anything." A smile spread across my face.

"Seriously? Did you just use your lyrics as a line," I asked with surprise. John pulled his arm off mind and rubbed his head in embarrassment. He collected himself and flipped me so my back was to the counter. I smiled, I had the upper hand now.

"Does that mean you listened to our band?" John asked coming uncomfortably close to my face. His smirk matched mine, crap, its not like I myspace stalked him and found his band and listened to all there songs, just the second part of that.

"Pat showed me," I said challenging him, lifting my body from the counter, our hip bones touching, we were in dangerous proximity.

"Mhm, I'm sure," John said skeptically coming in and talking on my lips, my body heat up and my physical reaction would be to tackle him and mount him right there, but I kept my cool and thought of the psychological warfare and an idea popped into my head.

"It's true Johnny boy," I said bringing my lips away from his over to his ear. I kissed his neck underneath and kept talking, "and you know despite what may or may not have happened." I kissed again and started rubbing his chest lightly with the tips of my fingers, which I knew sent shots down his spine as he melted into me. "But you're just going to have to admit that you want this so much more," I kissed up towards his ear again, "than I do." I stopped my fingers and poked him hard in the chest pushing him away from me. He stood with his jaw down to the floor and I turned to finish my cooking. I was pleased with myself for now.