When Angels Cry Blood.

Burnt Pictures and Memories

The appearance of the small portioned food placed in front of me made me skeptic at best. I mean, come on, this had unfair scribbled all over it. I worked in the fields all day in direct sunlight, and for food all I got was a piece of bread and some odd colored noodles. I sighed, realizing I'd rather get food poisoning then die of starvation, and shoved a fork full of noodles in my mouth. They weren't unbearably disgusting, but to be honest, I'd rather eat a live insect then have the displeasure of consuming that shit again.

After we all finished our "food" we had to return to our cabins. We had to have our lights out in each cabin by 7:30 so we'd be up and rested and eager for a "rewarding" day of work at 4 AM. 4 AM? Again, this had unfair scribbled all over it. Back home, I wasn't up until at least 11 and I wasn't asleep until at least 10. But, I guess I have to deal with it, huh? That's Mr. Way's most favorite phrase in the world, deal with it.
"Sir, my soup has a dead fly in it..."
"Deal with it!"
"Sir, my cabin caught fire. I have no where to live now..."
"Aw. Shame, huh? Deal with it!"
"Sir, I have a fever and don't feel well... may I stay in and rest for the day?"
"Fever huh? Deal. With. It!"
The only time there was a problem and his automatic response wasn't deal with it, is if he was dealing with a fugitive or some abolitionist, or if it involved money or his precious offspring. He didn't seem to care for Gerard too much though but Gerard didn't seem to care for him either, so I guess it's just balanced like that.

He was too plastic, too fake to be real, Mr. Way I mean. He always had a dopey, smile plastered on his cold, hard face. Everything seemed normal except his smile, and his voice. He tried to make it seem like he was patient, and willing to help the people that help him everyday when they need it. Well, let me tell you something, looks are deceiving. He puts on this unreal persona and tricks us into thinking he's Mr. Nice, and being a slave isn't as bad as everyone says it is, it's "fun". I've never heard so much bullshit in my life.
And the other slaves? They're as just as bad. Constantly sucking up to him, it disgusts me.
They all disgust me. The world disgusts me. And you know what disgusts me the most? Treating people who are different like shit because you think they're better then them. I think the Way's thrive off of belittling others...