When Angels Cry Blood.

The Best Part Of Believe Is The Lie.

Frank’s POV

I slowly raised the back of my hand to my forehead in a hopeless attempt to stop the sweat that seemed to endlessly gush from my worn skin. The sudden slam of a door made my heart jump and my pulse race. Gerard stormed out of his house, wiping his eyes quickly, and walked over towards me. I absentmindedly began to fix my hair. I sized myself up a few times and wished wildly that he wouldn’t notice that my shirt was 10 sizes too small and that my pants had an enormous hole in the crotch area.
“Hey.” He beamed. He was radiating perfection and beauty and deep down I envied him.
“Hi.” I smiled and soaked up everything about him. His eyes almost glowed in the intense sunlight, “Are you okay?” I added shyly.
He seemed startled as he quickly ran his hands along his still tearing eyes a final time.
“Yes,” He declared quietly, “I’m okay now.”
I nodded briefly.

I tried concentrating on the pile of work that sat beside me but Gerard was distracting me. I could sense that he was still directly behind me. I think he was staring. A wave of sudden self-consciousness washed over me.
“I kind of felt like talking to you,” He announced, nodding towards a tall, shade bound tree that sat diagonal of where we we’re currently standing, “Like… as a friend.”
Friend.
The simple word caused a vast, genuine grin spread out over my face.
“Friends?” I repeated eagerly.
“Yeah.” He smiled again and began walking towards the tree. His ass seemed to move so flawlessly with each secure step he took. I mentally slapped myself.
“Stop,” I ordered myself.
“What?” He asked me, eyeing quizzically.
“Oh,” I said, my face reddening, “I was thinking aloud.”
He shrugged, “It happens.”

I placed myself cautiously beside him. I didn’t want to bump into him and anger him. That would ruin the friendship that was still very new to me. I slowly let myself relax and dropped my hands down at my side.
He laughed quietly.
“What?” I asked him quickly.
Now it was his turn to blush, “You had you’re hand on top of mine.”
My eyes immediately widened, “What?”
“Nothing, it was just … funny, sorta.” He answered swiftly, “Anyway. Where are you from?”
I fumbled hopelessly for an answer, “Italy.”
“Seriously? I’ve always wanted to go there.” He exclaimed softly.
“It’s pretty cool,” I added meekly. And I miss it a hell of a lot, “Can I ask you something now?”
“Shoot.” He grinned.
“Why is your lip bleeding?”
He shifted uncomfortably and hastily stood up. Before I could say “Boo” he was running back to his house. I sighed heavily, kicking the trunk of the tree. Way to screw that one up.