When Angels Cry Blood.

Smother Me.

Not the greatest thing in the world.

Gerard’s POV

My breathing was cut short when my body smacked against the wet, muddy ground. I propped myself up on my elbows and let my breathing slowly regulate. I looked up quickly; ominous clouds decorated the sky overhead. It was suddenly pitch black even though it couldn’t be later than 4:30. My teeth we’re chattering violently as I attempted to stand on my shaking legs that threatened to give at any second and send me flying back into the mud.

I don’t know exactly why I acted like that. It’s just that once he asked me that, some siren went off in the back of my head that was screaming, “get away”, so I did.
I didn’t want to have to admit that my father was the reason that I had a fat, gushing lip.
I put my finger to my mouth gingerly and it immediately burned. I pulled away quickly and started walking to the house. I couldn’t stay out in the rain forever. Or could I?

I searched frantically from the porch to see if Frank was still there. I couldn’t tell through the fog that was enveloping the plantation. A massive, deafening bolt of lightening lit the darkened sky. Thunder followed shortly behind. The storm is close, really close.
“Frank!” I screamed out, my voice being drowned out by a crack of lightning that nearly touched the boggy ground.
“Frank!” I repeated, dragging my soggy form back towards the fields. I squinted my eyes and pushed away a damp, tangled piece of hair that was plastered to my forehead. I managed to make out a figure standing where we had previously been talking.

I started running, gliding and slipping on the muddy land.
“Frank!” I repeated yet again.
His eyes darted up and met mine. We just stood there in the rain for what seemed like hours, our eyes piercing each other’s. I could feel my toes begin to go numb from the chilling wetness.
“What are you doing here?” He asked incredulously. He took a few steps towards me and then began to back up, fear etched into his pale face.
I turned around and saw that lightening had struck the ground about a mile from where we we’re standing.
“I came back for you.” I panted, grabbing his hand and running back to the house.
Deafening thunder rang in my ears.
“But why?” He replied, screaming.
“Because I care about you.” I instantly felt my face reddening. Good thing it’s dark.

We approached the warm, dry house within a minute.
“Well, see you around, I guess.” Frank mumbled softly, making his way back to his cabin.
“No.” I grabbed his arm, “Come inside. They can’t kick you out. You work for them.”
He swallowed hard, “No. No. Thanks anyway. No.”
I shook my head and pulled him inside regardless.

Dad and Mikey glared. Mom smiled at the fact that I was socializing with someone other than myself. Frank was shivering and I couldn’t tell if it was from the coldness of the rain or of my family.
“Hello…” Mom started, waiting for Frank to introduce himself.
“Frank.” He replied softly.
“Ah, Frank. I’ve heard a lot about you.”
Yeah, too bad it was all Mikey and Dad trash talking him.
“Sit down, sit down.” She told him, pointing to the chair beside where I usually sit.
She retreated to the closet and brought out a spare chair for herself.
I smiled and nudged Frank as he sat down.
He looked like he was going to throw up from nerves. Maybe brining him inside wasn’t the best idea in the world.

We finished up supper and then I lead him into my room. It wasn’t much of a sight. Clothes and books were strewn everywhere. More piles of books sat at my dark, hardwood desk along with markers and crayons and 10 books full of paper.
Paints sat on a blue and white striped cloth on my carpet. Everything was stained with paint, including the walls, which I planned on making my own personal canvas anyway.
A red comforter lay loosely over my off-white mattress.

All and all, it was a complete wreck, but this enthralled Frank.
“You like to paint, I assume?” He teased lightly from the doorway.
I smiled warmly, “Mhmm. Sit down. I’ll get you a towel to dry off with.”
“Okay.” He strolled over to the bed, not taking his eyes off the walls or the papers that lay everywhere. I smiled again, and left him to soak up these new wonders to him.