Status: slowly active; may take a while to get started

Who's to Say This Is a Social Scene Anyway?

Chapter 1

I tugged awkwardly on the strap of my bag as the bored looking woman behind the desk fiddled with her computer. She kept sighing in annoyance, as if it was all my fault that she was forced to actually work for her money. Well I’m sor-ry. It’s not like starting a new school was on the top of my favourite things to do list.

I restrained my big mouth from saying something. A rare occasion this is. Jane Peters thinking before she speaks. Wow. If you haven’t gathered. I’m a bit of a smart-ass. Who am I kidding I’ve got to be the biggest smart-ass there is. And I’m damn proud.

“Here you go.” The bored receptionist roughly shoved a handful of papers into my hands. I stumbled slightly, shocked at her rudeness, and struggled to hold them all without making a mess.
“There’s a map of the school in there, so you can find your way to your first class. You will be excused from homeroom today.” She said not even looking at me.

“Thanks...I think,” I said puzzled

“Yeah okay.”

“Sorry for interrupting your oh-so-important solitaire game,” I added. I turned around and walked out the door before she could say anything.

I was trying to imagine her facial expression laughing to myself I didn’t see the step that was in front of me and surely enough my books and papers went everywhere. I looked around making sure no one saw. To my luck, no one in sight.

After picking what seemed to be a million papers up I started the long journey of finding my English class. Surely it couldn’t be that hard. I looked down at the map for the first time. My eyes widening, well I take that back. How long is this going to take before I give up and sit in a corner and cry? I give it about 15 minutes and I’ll be making puddles.

After what seemed to be a daunting amount of time I finally found my class. Feeling successful I did my little victory dance outside the door, my good luck ending there as someone opened the door. Immediately I froze.

“Sup?” I said simply. You know what’s worse. It’s a guy. A cute guy at that.
“New here?” was all he said. I simply nodded and he returned to whatever he was doing.
I knocked lightly on the door, opening it, slightly scared of what I was about to face.
“Jane Peter’s?” I opened the door wider and nodded.

“Come in and take a seat, we were just starting,” he seemed nice. Black hair, a Spanish look and a creative smile. I silently came in sitting next to a guy who had spiked up hair and amazing blue eyes. I quickly tied my waist length red hair into a messy pony tail leaving my bangs loose.

“Jimmy,” he introduced himself sticking his hand out for me to shake. I looked down at it, willingly accepting it.

“Jay,” I replied. It was a tad awkward as a) I didn’t know what to do and b) I had an extremely hot guy sitting next to me.

“Oh and by the way, the seats that you are in now, will be you assigned seats all year,” the teacher said turning around suddenly.

I sheepishly raised my hand.

“Yes Jane,” the teacher nodded for me to continue

“Okay three things. 1) Call me Jay I hate Jane. 2) Who are you? Not being rude. And 3) Uhm what are we doing?”

“What a loser,” I heard someone mumble from behind me; I turned slightly and saw a bunch of blonde Brittney spears clones.

“What a slut,” I mocked earning a whole lot of death glares from them all.

“Classic, put it there,” Jimmy said high-fiving me.

“Oh thank god. It’s refreshing knowing that not all of the people here are like them,” I said pointing backwards with my thumb.

“And if they were all like you, the world would be black and meaningless and we’d all slit out wrists,” she replied.

“Oooh ouch that sunk deep, almost as deep as your cheekbones. Gasp. Oh yeah I went there,” I laughed at her priceless face.

“You listen here Jane Peters, you’ve just made an enemy, and I’m not someone you should be messing with,” a couple of people, who I presume were jimmy’s mates laughed at her.

“Wow, I’m so scared. Quick jimmy take me away I’m just petrified of her, her fakeness is blinding me! I can’t see, oh no I’m blind, IT BURNNNNS,” I yelled as the whole class even the teacher burst out into laughter.

“Hmph,” was all she managed to get out.

“Okay, okay, settle down class. Jimmy I think you should take Jane, I mean jay under your wing, she seems like your type, and to answer your questions I’m Mr. Saporta, and as for what we’re doing. Just copy what I’m writing on the board down and we’ll go through it when we’re finished,” he smiled widely.

“Oh okay coo-“I was cut off by paper ball colliding with the back of my hair. I turned around to see the Brittney clones snickering, when they saw that I was looking at them they battered their eyelashes and started chewing gum annoyingly loud.

“Amber, Trish, Brittney and Abby. Gum in bin now,” Mr. Saporta said annoyed. Something gave me the feeling he didn’t like them very much.

“Suck shit,” I muttered as they walked past. They just glared at me.

“Oh and also 2 week’s detention for all four of you. Treating a new student in such a manner is disgraceful,” I could see the smile in his voice. He must love having them in his class.

“But sir, she started it.” One of them said as they returned to their seat.

“If I do recall. You were the one to call her a loser. So therefore amber, you were the one to start it. Would you like me to make it 3? If not I suggest you shut up.” He said seriously. The clones’ tilted their heads down to start copying the work and Mr. Saporta’s face turned into an evil smirk. He looked at me and winked. I guess he liked me. Sweet!

“Hey, you’re a pretty cool chick aye,” jimmy said sparking up conversation.

“Well I do try my best,” I laughed

“Ooh and a smart-ass I see,” he remarked.

“Yeah pretty much,” I snorted.

“What do you have next?” he asked taking my timetable off me before I could read it.

“Oh wow that’s just a tad weird. All you classes are with me,” he looked up at me and smiled my heart fluttering at the sight. Ew I do not have a crush on the first day. He is just a guy Jay. Remember that, he’s just helping you around, giving you a place to sit at lunch,
people to hang out with, that’s it.

I continued copying the task on the board into my English book with the occasional small talk to Jimmy the period dreading on for what seemed like forever. As I wrote the last word that was on the board the bell rang.

“Good timing,” Jimmy laughed lightly.

“I know aye?” I smiled.

We both walked calmly towards the door before being stopped by the Brittney clones.

“I hope you know you can’t get out of what you just gotten yourself into, peters’”

“I hope you do know that a)I’m not scared of you b)I will own our ass in a fight and c)your re-growth is really bad.” Jimmy snorted at my last remark.

“I’m just saying,” I added which made jimmy laugh harder. He high-fived me again as the clones’ walked off in a huff expecting everyone to bow to their feet. Pfft. As if.

“Now for period 2,” Jimmy said linking his arm with mine.

“Something tells me this is going to be a really long day,” I sighed making him laugh lightly.
The walk to calculus was pretty quick, but when I got there. I wished it hadn’t have been.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO first chapter...any good? is it to long or to short or ok?
i dunno if i like it
so some eedback would be awesome.
2 comments=update? any takers haha
xxkaylah