Wake Up And Fight Again

Chapter two

Or maybe I'm not ready. My heart beats wildly as I take a deep breath, stepping off the plane. I'm in California. I'm in CALIFORNIA! A silly grin slides onto my face. I'm seriously here. And ignoring the fact that I have another awesome mission to do where I might be able to beat up big guys, I get to meet some rockstars AND become one. I seriously have like, the best job in the world. Everyone would be so jealous if they knew.

And it's a few hours later as I'm driving through L.A. in the evening. I'm stoked and there's no way I can sleep right now even though I really should because I have to be up early in the morning ready to meet everyone and perform and- wow, I really shouldn't have had all that sugar on the plane. But planes make me nervous so... yeah.

My phone rings and starts playing this random pop song that Alec so apparently put on, just to annoy me. So of course it's his ringtone. Rolling my eyes, I pick up. "Helloooo?"

"Where are you?"

"They didn't tell you?"

"Uh.... maybe? Who? No?" He offers a few answers questioningly, clueless as usual. It makes me grin.

"Can't say. But there should be a manilla folder on the kitchen at home, okay?" I explain. Our folders usually give a quick op about what's going on to the family for the few special selected brainiac brilliant kids like me, who are pretty much the short CIA people. Ha... Back on focus, though. It leaves a clue or two to what I'm doing, but otherwise uses the ruse of a document saying, for example this time, I've been selected by a talent agency to make my way to fame.

"Ooooh," it dawns on him. "Well, be careful, okay? Where are you now?"

"California!" I squeal and have the sudden urge to sing the YMCA song for some really, really strange reason. Instead, I choose to hum 'California' under my breath as my older brother lets the knowledge sink in, that I'm across the U.S. at the moment.

He mutters under his breath for the longest time, not happy that he can't be here to protect me or something silly like that, and finally sighs. I can just picture him now, running his hands through his hair and his right leg jittering nervously. Though sometimes it kind of spazzes and he'll kick the wall....hehe. "Fine," he says finally. "Okay. Just a few months though, right? And you be careful. Seriously, Lucky."

"Aren't I always?" I roll my eyes. I mean, honestly. I'm totally cool. Seriously. "And yeah. It shouldn't be too long. I'm pretty much just-" I stop myself quickly from blowing my cover- after all, phones can be tapped by anyone these days, "going to be a movie star," I say finally and sort of lamely if I do say so myself. "Love you," I add and hang up, alone again.

"Inhale, breathe steady, exhale
Like you're ready, if you're ready or not.
Just a boy and a girl trying to take on the world,
And we want to get caught.
In the middle of a very happy ending,
Let's see what we've got,
Let's give it a shot,
Let's give it a shot.

We all want to know, how it ends."


Nodding my head, I keep my rhythmic strumming, eyes closed and loving it. I'm in a recording studio at the moment, and- wait... inward squeal again! Have to breathe.... It just keeps catching me. I mean, yeah, I do missions all the time. But this? One of my biggest most bestest dreams? Coming true? Are you kidding me? I love this to death. I could stay right here, forever.

Unfortunately, I won't, though. It's ten in the morning and I'm waiting to meet the stars who I'll supposedly be hanging around with for their tour. I'll be their opening act but on the inside, I'll be protecting them. Talk about a double act! And my lack of ability to tell jokes... but anyways. I pause to recall the lyrics as I give a moment's wonder, curious to find out who it is. A band? A single musician, who? They never told me. Oh crap- what if I don't like them? Hm... Nah. I'm sure it'll be fine, right?

"Oh, happily ever after, wouldn't you know, wouldn't you know.
Oh, skip to the ending, who'd like to know, I'd like to know.
Author of the moment, can you tell me,
Do I end up, do I end up happy?
"

There's a knock on the door that completely distracts me, making me mess up, bang my guitar against the stand and my dark curled hair flies in my face in the suddenness. Why am I so jumpy? I wish I knew. I'm just always like that, caught unawares. Such a bad habit, but I can't help it! I take a deep breath, glancing at the clock and then suddenly I realize as my heart thuds in my chest, this is the band I'll be around for the next few months.

Questions fly in my head as I absently hold my breath. Will they like me? Hate me? What if we don't like the same music? Are they emo? Pop? What if our personalities clash? Or what if I seriously can't stand them? Or they just hate me? I was told it was someone popular. What if they're too stupid for me to be around? What if they've got huge egos and I want to slap them? What if[

The door opens and slowly the breath is let from my body, mostly just from disbelief and I think my jaw hits the floor, but I'm not too sure. And it feels like I faint, but I don't, because I'm still standing. I'm just... kind of... dizzy? Swallowing, I take a deep breath and shake my head as I wipe my sweaty hands on my purple skinny jeans.

"Hi, you must be Lucky. We're the Jonas Brothers," one of them says. And I swear, I could just feel the moment effect us all. This was seriously going to change all our lives.
♠ ♠ ♠
and my turn!
what do y'all think?

it's going to be awesome. seriously. we got a great theme going and it'll be fun!
so your thoughts? will she like them?

song: He Is We; Happily Ever After....awesome song that we both love! yay! haha....