Status: Complete

Revenge is Sweet

Chapter 1

Running her hand through her hair, Jenny dropped her keys on the table and placed her bag on the chair as she entered the house. Pulling off the sweater she wore over her shirt, she froze slightly as she saw the pile of fabric that was lying on the floor just below the stairwell. Looking at it, she saw that it was a top…a woman’s top…a woman’s top that wasn’t hers.

Frowning slightly, she began walking up the stairs, trying to ignore the feeling of dread that had decided to park in the bottom of her belly. Walking down the hallway, she stopped only feet away from the door to the bedroom as she heard the muffled sounds coming from behind the door.

Just looking at the door for a moment, she took a deep breath and carefully opened the door, already knowing what she would see as she did. The door half open, the sight that greeted her was like taken from her worst nightmare. Her boyfriend was having sex with someone else…

Her darling boyfriend that talked about the future and marriage and having children with her was having sex with someone that obviously wasn’t her.

Her sweet and adorable Fernando Torres was having an adulterous affair…in their bed.

Neither of them noticed that she was standing there and she was not about to give them any hints. Refusing to let the tears that had welled up in her eyes fall; she quickly turned around, not bothering with the door as she quickly walked back the way she came.

Reaching the bottom floor, she suppressed the urge to pick up the top and burn it as she stepped over it and walked out in the hallway. Grabbing her bag and her keys, she reached for her jacket as she saw the pen and note pad that was resting on the table. Her initial surprise having skipped a few steps and turned straight to anger, she grabbed the pen and quickly wrote a small note on the pad.

”Espero que te ha divertido”

(“Hope you had fun”)

Dropping the pen back on the table, she made sure she had her car keys and walked out the door, making sure that she slammed it hard behind her as she hurried towards her car. Getting in behind the wheel of the BMW, she backed down the drive way and when she turned out on the street, she glanced back at the house she’d called home for over a year.

He’d said he loved her. He’d said that she was everything to him next to football. He’d said that they would be together forever.

Apparently all he did was lie.

Driving up on the freeway, she headed back towards the city that she’d grown up in; Manchester.

Sitting in the car, driving a little too fast, she refused to cry. Crying was for the weak, and she wasn’t weak. No, she was cunning and she knew exactly what she was going to do now…she was going to get revenge…sweet revenge…