Status: Complete

Revenge is Sweet

Chapter 2

Stepping out of the elevator in the building she hadn’t been in in over a year, Jenny felt very out of place. She’d always been a social butterfly with friends all over the city, albeit just a handful of them were people she really trusted, but she had never had a problem finding someone that wanted to hang out.

But now…saying that she was uncomfortable was an understatement. All she wanted to do was run back down stairs and hide in her car. A car that Fernando had given her…she was still meaning to replace it.

Approaching the familiar door, she took a deep breath before she lifted her arm and quickly knocked. She had never been a coward, but the time in Liverpool had changed her, and it wasn’t always for the better.

The sound of footsteps approaching on the other side of the door, Jenny for a second entertained the idea of turning around and making a run for it. But as always, she sucked up her courage and stayed.

“What are you doing here?” Heidi exclaimed surprised as she opened the door, finding her childhood friend Jenny standing there.

“Visiting,” Jenny shrugged sheepishly.

“It’s been ages,” Heidi smiled widely as she pulled Jenny into a tight hug. “Come on in.”

“Thanks,” Jenny smiled softly as she took off her shoes and followed Heidi through the apartment she hadn’t seen in way over a year.

Heidi being the good hostess she’d been raised to be, offered Jenny something to drink and even though she declined, Heidi brought out some tea as they both settled in the over sized couches.

“It’s been ages since I last saw you,” Heidi smiled. “What brings you around after all this time?” she asked, though she wasn’t angry or condescending, just curious.

“It just hit me,” Jenny began delicately. “That nothing is really forever and I realised that I’ve been neglecting everything and everyone here in Manchester. So I'm back here now.”

Nodding slowly, Heidi observed her friend, something was slightly off. Something was different. “I can live with that,” she smiled. “So what have you been doing over in Liverpool then?”

“You know, this and that,” Jenny dodged.

“Come on,” Heidi smiled. “’The Humblest WAG’,” she quoted from an article The Sun had printed, “you must have something interesting to tell.”

“Yeah, that WAG thing…” Jenny trailed off, never really having gotten over the weirdness of being called that. “That’s over,” she smiled sadly. She didn’t want, or need, any pity. She’d gotten more than enough of that from her mother when she’d first arrived in the city; she didn’t need it from everyone else too.

“I'm sorry,” Heidi said.

“Don't be,” Jenny stated. “Its better it happened now than years down the road really,” she said honestly.

“Yeah,” Heidi agreed, refraining from prying in her friends life already knowing that she would tell her when she felt comfortable doing so.

“So what have you been doing?” Jenny asked, quickly diverting the attention from herself. “I'm sorry I haven’t really been keeping much contact,” she apologised.

“Don't worry about it,” Heidi brushed off. “And I’ve been doing this and that too,” she smirked.

“You want to go out? Tonight?” Jenny asked surprised, Heidi had never been the first girl to plan a night out in the group of girls that used to hang out together; apparently she wasn’t the only one that had changed.

“Yeah,” Heidi nodded smiling. “My brother is hosting this opening of a new club tonight and I thought you might want to come,” she hinted. “The rest of the girls are already going,” she added smirking, knowing that Jenny wouldn’t be able to resist.

“All the girls?” Jenny asked slowly, thinking back to the days when “they”; herself, Heidi, Alexia, Melissa and Kiera all used to go out together…they’d always had a good time.

“You think that they won’t mind?” she asked self-consciously.

“Don’t worry about it,” Heidi stated. “They will love having you back, the girls all back together again.”

“Okay, I’ll go,” Jenny agreed.

“Great,” Heidi beamed. “Just so you know...”

“What?” Jenny asked carefully.

“It’s a rather big opening, so there might be one or two famous people there…maybe footballers,” Heidi revealed.

“Not from…”

“From what Hayden told me,” Heidi began, “it’s only United and City players.”

“I'm fine with that,” Jenny shrugged.

“If anyone, you should be, right?” Heidi smiled. “One of Liverpool’s nicest WAG’s,” she joked, noticing the slightly pained looked on her friend’s face. “Too soon?”

“Yeah, too soon,” Jenny nodded.

“Sorry,” Heidi apologised. “Anyway, I’ll come around and pick you up at eight. You're staying with your mother, right?”

“That I am,” Jenny agreed. “Now I only need to see if I can dig up something decent to wear for a club premier from my old closets.”

“That bad?” Heidi asked.

“That bad,” Jenny confirmed. “Most my stuff are still in Liverpool. I don't know if I'm going to go back and get them,” she said, knowing that when her plan came together, there would be no doubt that she would either get her things back in the mail or they would be gone forever. It all depended on his mood.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you don't know, WAG is an acronym for 'Wives And Girlfriends' 'invented' by British tabloids a few years ago to describe the significant others to the country's football players