Status: Complete

Revenge is Sweet

Chapter 3

Meeting up with the girls, Jenny felt more relaxed than she had in a long time. Being a WAG, whether you liked it or not, was hard. People judged you everywhere you went; whatever you did it was criticized. Head down to the grocery store and your picture was plastered across the front page of the next edition of The Sun, either you had a bad hair day, you were obviously pregnant, or you and your hunk was on the verge of breaking up…it didn’t mattered what you did, you were always criticized.

Neither of them had really liked the attention they got when he was off the pitch. They’d lived with it, but they never invited the attention, it just gate-crashed.

Spending time with her friends again was refreshing and she felt like she did before she first met Spain’s next superstar striker. When she met him, she could never have imagined all the things that would change.

She promised her mother she wouldn’t change when she first moved in together with Fernando. Sadly, that was a promise she couldn’t fully keep, she had changed, she had changed a lot since she left Manchester for Liverpool. And she was starting to realise that most of it wasn’t for the better.

Since Heidi was sort of in charge of the plans for the evening, Alexia had apparently taken on the task of making sure that they all had a great time even before they hit the club.

So when Heidi came to pick her up, Jenny was even more nervous. It wasn’t really the fact that she hadn’t seen her friend in months, it was more the way she’d ignored them… It hadn’t been intentional; she was just sort of swept along in the whole moving cities and trying to fit in with women who weren’t like her. She knew nothing about designer clothes when she first came to Liverpool, okay she did, but it wasn’t more than the next person.

And when she’d last walked out of the house, she’d left her closet filled with Jimmy Choo’s and D&G clothes… She missed those…

Just as Heidi had predicted, the rest of the girls welcomed her back with open arms, and Jenny had never been more grateful for the friends she’d had since she was a young girl. They’d always been friends; from pre-school to high school…they’d been inseparable. Till she had been lured away by a man with blond hair and freckles anyway…

The evening passing just like the times they used to go out together when she still lived in the city, Jenny was still happy when time came to head to the club. One thing that hadn’t really changed when she was living in Liverpool was her love for going out. Most people didn’t know, but she and Fernando had gone out quite a lot, they’d just never really gotten drunk off their arses and made fools of themselves.

Reaching the newest club in Manchester; The Red Room, the five of them were lucky enough to be able to walk passed the long line of people waiting to get inside. Much to the dismay to the people at the front of the line, Heidi greeted the bouncers with friendly hugs and as soon as they found her name on the list, they were on the way into the club.

Having ordered their drinks, they swiftly moved over to one of the couches that were sort of lining the area, and sat down, observing the dance floor that was slightly lower.

Just simply enjoying themselves as they drank their preferred drinks and talked, Jenny’s eyes landed on a familiar person at the edge of the dance floor. Heidi hadn’t been wrong…

Excusing herself from her friends, she gracefully got up from the couch and approached the bar. Ordering herself an Apple Martini, she leaned slightly against the bar as she let her eyes wander over the dance floor.

Sipping the cocktail, she licked her lips slightly as thought about what it was she was planning. It was very unlike her…but then again, dating a footballer had always been something she vowed never to do…

Her eyes landing on the same man as previously, she knew that a girl got to do, what a girl got to do… as he turned his head, their eyes looked for a second. Smiling slightly, she turned her head away and finished her drink; she was not a good flirt.

Picking up the olive with the toothpick, she couldn’t help but glance back out on the dance floor. Her eyes immediately finding the tall, dark man, she blushed slightly as she found him watching her intently. Eating the olive, she felt a slight tingle of satisfaction along her spine as she could see him swallow hard as he was watching her.

Smiling slightly, she placed the glass on top of the bar and moved away from the bar. Passing her friends, she told them she was heading towards the ladies room.

Washing her hands, she did a quick make-up check in the mirror before she fluffed her hair slightly; it had been perfect as she left the house as the WAG part of her hadn’t really checked out yet. But as she watched herself, she smiled slightly as she realized that she didn’t really mind the fact that it had lost some of its volume, it just showed that she’d had a great time.

Grabbing her clutch, she opened the door and froze mid-step as she the man that was leaning against the wall right outside. He had his arms crossed over his chest and as her golden eyes locked with his dark ones, his ever-present smirk only got wider. Watching him, Jenny realised that maybe revenge wasn’t going to be all that hard to reach…

“Long time, no see stranger,” Cristiano smirked as Jenny looked up at him.

“Well, moving cities can do that to a person, I guess,” she shrugged as she fidgeted with her clutch, she always felt slightly uncomfortable in his presence.

“So where’s ‘wonder-baby’?” he asked as they walked down the corridor back towards the main area of the club.

“Funny,” she glared at him. “I know that you read the papers, so don't…”

“You back in Manchester for good?” Cristiano asked as they reached the bar and he ordered drinks for both of them, Jenny still surprised that he knew what she preferred to drink.

“I'm obviously not going back to Liverpool,” she dodged as she sat on the barstool, crossing her legs as she was facing him.

“So what happened?” he asked curiously as he watched her sip her drink.

“Who says anything special happened?” she retorted. “Who says we didn’t just grow apart?” she questioned as she raised her eyebrows. She didn’t personally read the papers any longer if she could avoid it, but her mother still did and she told her about everything that was written and no where was it announced what had really happened.

Being a WAG of one of Liverpool’s best strikers, she was apparently interesting to read about, so when she’d all of a sudden disappeared from the city, it was big news. Even more so since Fernando was looking a mess and she hadn’t looked much better in the pictures they’d published of her.

“You're sitting here talking to me,” he pointed out smirking, “something much have happened with ‘wonder-baby’ for that to happen.”

“The only reason you even know me is because you know Hayden and Heidi dragged me to his birthday party two years ago,” she retorted. “And for the record, Fernando and I are over and done with. Dead and buried,” she stated acidly as the image of him screwing some blond bimbo in their bed appeared in the front of her mind.

“I'm sorry,” he said politely, his hand landing on her bare knee.

Watching her, he inched his hand upwards, brushing his thumb over the inside of her thigh. Biting the inside of her lip, she looked at him; they both knew that they had chemistry between them. Cristiano wanted to act on it when they’d first met and Jenny had shot him down, she had promised to never get involved with a footballer and he was on the verge of becoming one of the biggest names in England. Sadly, Fernando came along not long after and she’d let her guard down.

“Now I know something happened,” he stated, not moving his hand away from her leg.

“What are you talking about?” she raised her eyebrows, sipping her drink.

“If I would have done this a year ago, you would have slapped me silly,” he said slowly as he leaned forwards, teasingly brushing his lips against hers.

“Who says I won’t do that now?” she whispered, her breath tickling his ear.

“You won’t,” he stated confidently, nibbling slightly on her earlobe. “And you want to get back at him,” he added, making her raise her eyebrows in surprise.

“What are you…?” she began asking.

“What better way to get back at him, than spending time with me?” he asked rhetorically as he kissed the naked skin on her shoulder.

Not hearing a reply from her, Cristiano smirked against her skin and got off the stool he was sitting on. Looking at her, he leaned forwards slowly and kissed her, giving her enough space to back away if she wanted to.

Feeling him suck slightly on her lower lip, Jenny did what first came to her mind; she grasped his shirt with one hand and ran the other up his chest and to the back of his neck, pulling him closer to her.

Brushing away any lingering doubts, she deepened the kiss and smiled slightly as she felt his hand in the small of her back, wanting her closer to him.

“Are you sure about this?” he asked smirking as he looked down at her.

“You're not going to be the one taking advantage,” she pointed out.

“I'm cool with that.”

“Great,” she smirked before pulling him down for another kiss.

“We should probably get going if you want to mess with him before the match tomorrow” he whispered between kisses.

“That’s just mean,” she smiled at him. “But I like the way you think,” she added smirking before finishing off her martini and dragging him with her as she headed for her friends.

“Well, hello!” Melissa smirked as she saw who it was that Jenny was approaching with.

“Hi,” Jenny smiled sheepishly, jumping slightly as she felt Cristiano wrap his arm around her waits. “I'm going to be leaving now, but…”

“Have fun,” Alexia smirked, adding a saucy smirk for good measure.

“I will,” Jenny promised just as Cristiano kissed the side of her neck. “But I’ll call you tomorrow,” she added, her breath hitching slightly as he sucked on the skin just above her pulse point.

Quickly turning around, waving absentmindedly at her friends, se ushered him towards the front of the club.

“She sure doesn't have low standards, that one,” Melissa smiled as they all watched them move through the crowd.

“No, she doesn't,” Alexia agreed.

“She better share those details tomorrow,” Kiera commented, making the rest of the girls to turn and look at her. “Like you're not thinking he’s a walking, talking Calvin Klein underwear ad.”

“True,” Heidi nodded. “And the chemistry between them is unmistakable.”

“But what about…” Melissa began.

“Safe to say that’s over with,” Kiera stated as she saw their friend pressed up against a wall by the entrance to club by everyone’s favourite winking winger.

“Okay, we’re leaving now,” Jenny breathed as she gently pushed Cristiano away from her.

“After you, princesa,” Cristiano whispered against her neck as he placed a chaste kiss on the delicate skin.

Pushing the door open as she felt his hand protectively placed on her hip, Jenny didn’t really try to hide her face as they left the club and walked towards the parking lot, passing the paparrazi’s that were still gathered. Leaning over, Cristiano placed a teasing kiss in the corner of her mouth, both of them knowing that they would be gracing the front page of the tabloids the following morning…