Status: active, slow but surely.

He Doesn't Look A Thing Like Jesus; But He Talks Like A Gentleman

Give Me The Truth, Even If It Hurts Me.

“Why must you torment me…?” Jasyn whispered as she made her way to her usual lunch table. Tommy, her now EX-boyfriend, was sitting with her cousin and a few of their acquaintances. “Leave.” she stated curtly, looking directly at him.
“Why should I? I’m just here sitting with my friends, I can’t help it if you broke up with me.” he said with a smirk.
“First of all, I broke up with you because I saw you having sex with that slutty new cheerleader Tara!” Jasyn yelled this part just to be sure everyone could hear her. They did. The whole cafeteria was silent as they glanced between the verbal spat and the girl sitting awkwardly across the room. “And secondly, NO ONE at this table likes you. They all simply put up with you because they thought they had to. Well, they don’t anymore and I suggest you leave.”

Everyone stared in shock as she spoke, and continued staring as Tommy slowly rose from his seat and stood face to face with her. He looked down at her before someone shoved him away.

“I think you should get the fuck away from my sister.” Jack agreed, coming to Jasyn’s rescue. Where the hell did he come from? Jasyn asked herself. She then looked at the entrance to see Chase Gaskarth just then coming into the cafeteria, thankful for the commotion so that she could slip in unnoticed. Jasyn glared, having a feeling she wouldn’t like her brother’s excuse of where he was.
“You know what, screw you all!”

She focused her attention back on the retreating form of her former friend turned boyfriend, wondering what ever happened to the person he used to be. These thoughts quickly dissipated as Jack asked her if she was okay.

“I’m fine.”

Jasyn exited the cafeteria, but not before glancing over at Chase one last time. They ended up locking eyes for a second, just as they did on the first day, and Jasyn gave her an ‘I know what you were doing, stay away from my brother!’ sort of look - which was, in actuality, her usual glare.
_______________________________________________________________________

“Everyone is already paired up and you both are late, so deal with it. Unless you’d like to be sent to the office again, that could be arranged also.” Mrs. Desmond stated to the two teenagers before her. “And if you refuse to do your work, I’ll just give you both a zero for the first part of the year.”
Jasyn sunk back into her chair and Alex stuck his tongue the teacher when she turned around.

“I hate this day.” Jasyn muttered to herself.
“Poor little Barakat, you broke up with your boyfriend! Whatever will you do now?” Alex stated sarcastically.
“Shut up, will you?”
“Only if you shut up fiiirrrrsst!” Alex taunted.
Jasyn rolled her eyes and picked up the packet the teacher assigned:
Directions: In our next class, each set of partners will be given a sack of flour. This flour will represent a real child that the two of you will have to care for and love. The rules are simple, do not neglect your child, as it will begin to cry. I will also know if there is only one person caring for the child because I have installed an audio recorder in the sack of flour. Good luck and remember, teamwork is the key to all healthy relationships!

“Oh, fuck that!” she said aloud. Alex looked at her oddly before taking the card and reading what it said.
“But I don’t want any type of relationship with her! Why should we work on a healthy one?” Alex stated, addressing his question to the teacher.
“And I don’t really want you to know everything that goes on in my life with that tape recorder.” Jasyn said, knowing her teacher may not be the person she would want to hear all about her.
“Just do the work, kids...” Mrs. Desmond sighed.
They sat back in their chairs again, knowing that the project would be the worst of their lives.
“By the way, Alex, I’ve already told your damn cousin this once and she didn’t listen to me so tell her to stay away from my brother.” She absentmindedly flipped through the packet to see what exactly the project entailed.
Half of your credit for this project will be based on the presentation that you give at the end of the process.
“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” Alex asked, confusion obvious on his face. Jasyn just scoffed.
“Ask Chase.”
_______________________________________________________________________

Jasyn threw her bag into the backseat of Jack’s car before getting in to go home. He started the car and began to drive off.
“So…thanks for what you did at lunch today, sticking up for me and all. That was pretty cool, which is a rare occurrence from you.” she said with a smile. Her shoved her playfully.
“Shut it. And you’re welcome. I told you that guy was scum from the moment I saw him.” Jasyn rolled her eyes at her brother’s attempt to be serious.
“I know. Where were you before that whole rescuing act? I didn’t see you even come in.”
Jack stared at the road ahead of him, trying to think of a good enough excuse to get his sister off his back.
“I was skipping. You know I do that all the time. I went to McDonalds. Growing boys have to eat.” Jack said with a goofy grin, playing it up to the fullest.
“Really? With who? You never go alone, and I wasn’t with you and neither was Zack.”
“Oh just one of my other friends. How was your day?”
“Don’t you try to change the subject! I want the truth, Jack.”

He was tempted to pull the infamous ‘You can’t handle the truth!’ line from A Few Good Men, but quickly decided against it. He chose to just sit quietly, knowing that he had been caught and that Jasyn had a pretty good idea of what was going on.

“Dammit, Jack! Why are you hanging around with that no good Chase Gaskarth? You should know better than to go anywhere near that whore!” she said, looking at him pointedly.
“She’s not…she’s not a whore, Jasyn. You don’t know anything about her.” And you shouldn’t either.
“Oh, and you do? Tell me Jack, why is she oh-so-amazing?”
“I never said that she was, Jase! But you shouldn’t just go making assumptions about people you don’t even know. Why do you hate her anyway? Why does our whole family hate hers? Answer me that, Jasyn, and I’ll swear to never even look at the girl again! But until then, stay the fuck out of my business.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: The Truth by Good Charlotte.

Thats the chapter.
I think Kay's gonna be doing the next one.
I tried posting this earlier but my computer froze and I never saved it to my computer, so I had to rewrite the wholee thing.
Comments & subscriptions would be highly appreciated.
Hope you liked it at least. :)
Me and Kaylin are seeing All Time Low in less than a weeeeek! So excited.
Just thought I'd let you know. ;]