Status: active, slow but surely.

He Doesn't Look A Thing Like Jesus; But He Talks Like A Gentleman

"I'm Blue"

Chase sat in her bed on Thursday morning and looked over at the clock. 5:02. On a normal day it would be perfect that she was up at this time. Waking up. But the fact that she hadn't yet fallen asleep yet made her extremely sullen.
She hadn't seen Jack since the night at the Bowling Alley on Monday. After the two of them had kissed for a little while, Chase and Jack slipped back separately to their retrospective dates. Everything went smoothly as it had before they had snuck off, except Chase returned the looks Jack was giving her unbeknownst to Tommy and Sarah. Since then Chase had been preoccupied with school work, and practices everyday. Besides a few friendly texts between her and Jack she hadn't talked to him.
What if he doesn't like me anymore, she fretted. Then there was the fact that she still hadn't gotten her period. She was going to have to take a test. She couldn't put it off any longer, and she couldn't bring herself to take the test alone. She'd have to tell Alex to go with her.
All these stress factors, and she wondered why she couldn't sleep. Dragging herself out of bed and into the shower, Chase sped up her getting ready process. The only problem was she was finished getting ready at 5:31. And she usually got to Alex's house at seven fifteen.
After sitting on her bed just staring into space tapping her foot on the floor, she decided that she would just leave her house and go wait for Alex.
++++

Alex rolled onto his side and peeked his eyes open to glance at the clock. Opening his eyes he screamed as loud as he could and jumped straight out of bed. He had been startled by his mother looking at his then to the window and back again nervously.
Alex shook his head starting to chuckle at his antics. "God ma, what time is it?" He asked as he glanced around her to see the clock as Elizabeth opened her mouth to talk.
"It's only ten after six!"
"Is something wrong with Chase?"
Both the mother and son spoke at the same time, and Alex's brow furrowed at his mother's question and the tone she spoke in.
"I don't think so, why?"
"She's been sitting her in car with the windows up since quarter to six this morning." she said glancing out the window again, and this time Alex walked up to his windowsill and glanced out. Sure enough, Chase's bright blue Honda was sitting in the driveway and she was staring into space.
Alex threw his clothes off and put new ones on, running his hands through his hair. No time for a shower.
Grabbing his backpack, Alex gave his mom a quick kiss on her cheek.
"Bye mom."
"Look after her," His mother said quietly still looking worried and Alex nodded and ran outside and into his cousin's car.
Chase looked to be in a daze and was surprised when she looked at the clock.
"What are you doing here so soon?" she asked.
"I could ask you the same thing," he softly countered trying to meet her eyes.
"Want coffee?" she was jittering as she pulled out of the driveway and Alex watched her closely.
"Are you on drugs?" Alex asked point blank taking in her jittery behavior.
Chase snorted with a smile, "I wish I had drugs. No that's not it." she said solemnly.
"But you admit there is something," he pressed.
"Yeah." Chase kept her eyes on the road in front of her and Alex waited for a response that didn't seem to come.
"I think I have a problem," she started still staring ahead, and Alex was even more confused.
"You think...?"
"Well, I think I might...I might," Chase pulled her car over to the side of the road unexpectedly.
"Chase you're scaring me."
Chase turned to Alex then giant tears welling in her eyes threatening to pour out.
"I could, I mean I haven't taken a test..."
It all clicked for Alex. The first thing that went through his head was, I didn't even know she wasn't a virgin anymore. The second thought was I'm going to kill Tommy.
"Oh, Chase!" Alex was surprised and his eyes grew wide as he tried to convey his thoughts in the least offensive way he could.
"...I know I'm stupid. I just...I can't take the test...alone." she was really crying now.
"C'mere." Alex said hugging her, "How long have you been dealing with this alone?" He was rubbing her back soothingly.
"Monday." she pulled back, "What am I...What do I do if the test comes out positive?" she asked looking like a lost child.
Alex shook his head no, "We'll wait for the results to worry."
Chase nodded again more to herself and went in for another hug, to which Alex accepted, and she tried to compose herself before they had to actually attend class. Alex took a deep breath. And Chase sighed as well.
"After school. Before dinner. We'll go to the drugstore," he said reassuringly and in control.
"thank you." Chase laid on his shoulder for an extra moment feeling comforted.
++++
Alex wasn't able to concentrate. This morning he'd only been concerned for Chase, which he still was, but now he was extremely pissed at Tommy. He was a player, and he'd slept with Chase, and managed to get her pregnant, possibly. He spent the whole first half of the day with a scowl plastered onto his face. He had his fists clenched for each class, the more he thought about it the worse it became in his mind.
Tommy better hope he doesn't see me.
Alex had his mind fixated on getting to lunch to catch up to Chase and see how she was doing.
Going to lunch as fast as he could in the first time he could ever remember doing it, Alex decided to take a short cut down the D Hall that hardly anyone ever used. Rushing down the hall way, he was in such a mind set that he ran into someone without even noticing them until after the fact.
"Sorry man," he heard a voice say. He knew who that voice belonged to. Whipping around to Tommy who was walking away, he took his shoulder and forcefully shoved him against the nearest locker. Hard.
"What the fu-," Tommy tried to make out since Alex's hand was grasping Tommy's neck so tightly that he could hardly breath.
"Shut up. shut up!" Alex commanded getting in his face. "You're fucking dead."
Tommy was nearly becoming purple so Alex loosened his grip and Tommy pushed Alex away yet he wasn't quite as strong as Alex was and barely moved him back.
"WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!" Tommy yelled out angrily.
"WHAT IS MY PROBLEM? WHAT'S MY PROBLEM? REALLY?" Alex's raised voice quieted a little, "How about the fact that you knocked Chase up!"
Tommy burst out laughing. It was a long laugh too, and the longer he laughed the redder Alex's face turned and the more he wanted to kill Tommy. He started to slowly move towards Tommy who was bent over laughing, and was trying to catch his breath. He put his hand in front of him, still laughing, as if signalling Alex to stop coming towards him.
"That's funny," Tommy said lightly with a smile after he had composed himself and stood back up.
"I don't see how that's funny," Alex's hands balled back up, and Tommy looked down at them then back up to Alex's face seeing he was serious. His face fell.
"Well whatever man, I don't know what you're talking about. I've never even been there with her," Tommy's voice was hard.
"Yeah, you say that now. Stay away from her. I mean it." It took everything in Alex to walk away but somehow he managed.
Speedily making his way into the cafeteria, he saw Kelli and Kerri sitting with the cheer table, and since Rian was not coming home until that night he saw Chase sitting at the table with a few other jock-y guys but she was basically segregated. Taking a seat next to her, he smiled lightly at her.
"How are you doing?"
Chase looked up at him tilting her head, and shaking it side to side as if to say no. "Want to just go now?" he offered the thought not occurring to him in the morning.
"Yes, and no," Chase spoke.
Alex looked at her quizzically.
"Yes," she confirmed with a nod of her head. Alex and Chase stood in unison and made their way out of the cafeteria. On the way out, Alex happened to catch something to his right. Looking behind him he could see Jack Barakat staring at the two of them. He had no smile on his face, as he usually did, instead it was etched with worry. The sight of Jack looking at them in worry made him uneasy, and he quickly turned his head back around following his cousin.
++++
"Well?" Alex asked pacing around his bedroom. Since he had the empty house they'd gone back there after they had purchased the tests. Well after Alex had, Chase had nearly begged him too, and since he loved his cousin, and knew she was probably scared out of her mind he'd obliged.
"I don't know. It hasn't been three minutes," Chase muttered her head in hands as she stared at the timer in front of her. The seconds seemed to pass like minutes. Ticking to the end result of her fate.
Finally, the timer reached 00 and Chase raced into the bathroom, "One line!" she called to Alex nervously waiting for him to read the directions.
"One line?" he asked dragging out his monotone voice.
Chase's face fell and her stomach dropped. "ye-yes," she faltered.
Alex dropped the directions with a smile. "negative."
Suddenly a weight seemed to be lifted and Chase felt like she could breathe again. Alex crushed her in a bear hug and she hugged him back. She felt like dancing.
Finally, Alex pulled back with a straight look on his face.
"What?" Chase asked softly.
"This is great news, but now we need to talk about the before. What were you thinking?!"
"I, I guess I wasn't" Chase looked down.
"I thought you were waiting, for y'know...love."
"It was a mistake, I was drunk...,"
Alex's eyes flashed in anger, "HE TOOK ADVANTAGE OF YOU WHEN YOU WERE DRUNK I AM GOING TO KILL TOMMY SCOTT!"
Chase nearly choked on Alex's words. Tommy. She'd forgotten all about Tommy, and Alex had thought that he was the one she'd been with. As if almost trying to shield Jack she said nothing in protest to his assumptions.
"No," she said finally, "Don't. He was gone too."
"Too gone to remember?" Alex mumbled under his breath at a level that not even she could hear.
"What?" she asked him and looking down at Chase, Alex just shook his head and shrugged it off.
Chase and Alex awkwardly sat together, before Chase decided to speak first, "Should we, uh, go back to school?"
Alex shrugged, "I don't think I want to go back. But I have to go home, think I can have a ride?" he asked with a small smile.
"Sure," Chase nodded feeling much better then she had in days. Since her kiss with Jack to be exact.
The car ride was filled with underlying tension. Chase knew that Alex wanted to tell her to stay away from Tommy, to get rid of him, but she knew he wouldn't.
"I'll see you tonight?" he asked getting out of the car.
Chase rolled her eyes, "Yeah." she promised.
Alex waved and walked up his driveway as Chase's phone went off.
Meet me at our spot. We have to talk. ASAP.