Status: active, slow but surely.

He Doesn't Look A Thing Like Jesus; But He Talks Like A Gentleman

You Could Cut Ties With All the Lies You've Been Living In

Maybe Jasyn Barakat isn't the enemy, Chase couldn't help but think as she sat at her lunch table watching the girl she'd changed her mind on since that morning, sitting alone. Chase felt bad and even considered getting up and inviting the girl to come sit with them. Zack Merrick, Jasyn and Jack's cousin was sitting with Rian, Chase was sure neither of them would mind. And judging from the way Alex kept "nonchalantly" averting his gaze to the girl, Chase was sure he wouldn't mind either. However one person at the table would probably care. The boy with his hand wrapped around hers in a way that made Chase a little repulsed. His hand was clammy, and gripped much too tightly with hers. Not the way Jack Barakat would have been holding her hand if he was beside her. Chase was beginning to believe that Tommy Scott being her official boyfriend was a giant mistake.

FLASHBACK

As Chase watched Jack walk away from her tears began to form in her eyes as she replayed in her head the words he'd spoken to her minutes before, 'it was a mistake'. Chase was doubting herself and was having the urge to run off after the boy but soon her sadness turned into anger. This boy was accusing her of playing games when HE had her practically wrapped around his finger. Stomping off of the bench promising herself she would never return, Chase hurried into her car knowing her exact destination.
She sped in her car off to Tommy's house and when she got into his driveway he was outside shooting hoops and looked surprised to see her. He dropped the basketball down by the hoop and began to walk towards her car as she slid out of the driver's seat and shut her door leaning against it.
"Hi," Chase said softly with a smile, and Tommy smiled back, "Hi."
"Are you pregnant?" he asked her point blank and Chase closed her eyes and slowly shook her head smile still intact.
"No, sorry Alex likes to play games." she promised.
Tommy let out the same sigh of relief that Jack had and Chase resented it, then he chuckled.
"I thought so at first, but he seemed so serious. The bastard got me."
"Yeah..." Chase trailed off not really meeting Tommy's eyes.
"But," Tommy leaned closer to the girl, "I was scared because I really like you. We have a lot of fun, and I like that you're the kind of girl who's down to go out and party, but a quiet night of bowling is good for you too," the mention of bowling got Chase to meet his eyes, "and I was wondering if you would be mine. Well my girlfriend."
Tommy seemed so cocky, and so sure of himself but the look in his eye wasn't sincere like Jack's. It was lustful, and anything but sweet and kind, and because of it Chase nodded and leaned in initiating a kiss.

Since then Chase hadn't been happy. Tommy wanted them to spend ninety-nine percent of their time together. Meaning Alex, one of the key factors of Chase's happiness was being pushed out since he could not endure even being around Tommy (though he had apologized to him due to Chase's demands).
But mostly, Chase missed Jack. It hurt to see him look at her, and it hurt to see him pointedly not look at her.
"What are you thinking about baby girl?" Tommy asked her trying to be cutesy and Alex rolled his eyes getting up from the table.
"Nothing," she promised letting him kiss her on the cheek.
"So, my parents are going out of town for the night," Tommy nestled into Chase's ear.
"Oh really out of town on a Friday night huh?," Chase played back.
"Yes, so I think that you should come over," he whispered sexily.
Looking over to Jack's usual lunch spot Tommy didn't seem to notice the briefly glimmer in her eye before she turned back to him and whispered back, "I think I should come over too."
Tommy's eyes lit up, "So tonight's the night?" he asked excitedly.
Chase opened her mouth to answer before she heard Zack and Rian laugh and she and Tommy followed their line of view. Standing by the vending machine was her cousin and Jasyn. He was shaking his butt at her playfully and Chase loved seeing him happy, so much so that she didn't even care that it was with Jasyn. She tried not laugh but a smile on her face was apparent, and Chase couldn't believe she didn't see the smitten look in Jasyn's eyes before, even after he stopped being silly and was just standing there was a sack of flour in a onesie, Jasyn's eyes were bright. Chase looked away feeling intrusive to the moment and turned her attention to Tommy. She didn't like the way he was scowling at the scene in front of the vending machine.
"Tonight's the night," she whispered back into his ear getting his attention and a toothy smile from him.
"I'm so happy babe," he said outright so everyone could hear and placed a loud kiss on her lips just as the bell rang.
I wish I was too...
++++
Chase power walked to her car after the last bell of the day rang signalling the students' freedom. The faster she got out of there the better, and she didn't have to wait for anyone since Alex had FINALLY gotten his car back from the shop. Side stepping couples saying their goodbyes and friends playing around, Chase kept her eyes on the front door. She was nearly there when she felt a hand gently grab her shoulder. Turning her head she was shocked at who it was. Jasyn Barakat was breathless as she had been trying to catch up with the shorter lighter-haired girl.
"Yeah?" Chase asked confused but friendly.
"My iPod," she huffed and Chase looked at the girl like she had three heads.
"I left it in your car," she explained and and Chase nodded her head as things now made sense.
"Oh ok. Come on," Chase said nudging her head in the direction of the doors keeping in step with Jasyn.
"I know it might seem a little excessive, but my music is like,"
"Everything." Chase finished for her as the girl beside her nodded, "I hear you, I feel the same way."
The rest of the girl's journey to Chase's car was quiet besides a few hellos to acquaintances in passing from each of them.
Nearing the car, the clouds that seemed bloated and black began to leak and Jasyn sighed, "I just can't get a break," she said pulling her hood over her head.
"Actually," Chase said feeling lighter, "You just did, I'll give you a ride. After all it is because of me that you lost your ride in the first place."
Jasyn grinned, "True Gaskarth. As a matter of fact, when you put it like that you kind of owe me a ride."
Chase climbed in the car and unlocked the passenger's side, "Careful Barakat." she warned playfully and the dark haired girl got into the car.
Jasyn bent down scooping up her iPod from under the seat of the car, and then got in the seat quickly as if not giving Chase the chance to drive away.
"So," Chase said nonchalantly as she turned on her blink-182 CD on again low, "How long have you had eyes for Alex?"
Jasyn seemed taken aback as her eyebrows skyrocketed, but she recovered quickly regaining her signature smirk that she shared with her brother, not that Chase knew that smirk or anything.
"Define 'had eyes'."
"Been in love with?" Chase tried and Jasyn let out a laugh that Chase read right through.
"I'll admit I don't hate him. We get along pretty nicely but that doesn't mean much. I get along with other people too doesn't mean I love them."
"But other people aren't Alex." Chase teased and Jasyn hit her softly on the arm.
The remainder of the car ride the two girls comfortably chatted like old friends and pulling before the Barakat house Chase didn't want Jasyn to leave but on the same token she was nervous. She wasn't prepared for a run in with any other member of the Barakat family. Jasyn pleasantly bid goodbyes to Chase and just as she was about to put her car into drive a car cut her off, scaring her to death, as it pulled into the driveway.
Jack.
Chase put her car back into park catching her breath and Jack instantly shot out of his car surprised to see the girl there. The two stared at each other like deer caught in headlights waiting for the other to make a move first. Finally Jack, although it looked painful to him, smiled and waved. Chase waved back pulling away, trying to get the boy out of her head while she prepared herself for her night with Tommy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bit of a filler.
However, I will have the BIG chapter up in no more then 12 hous. I promise!
feedback?
Title Credit to Third Eye Blind's Jumper