Status: active, slow but surely.

He Doesn't Look A Thing Like Jesus; But He Talks Like A Gentleman

I am falling, say my name; and I'll lie in the sound

"Chase?" Alex answered his phone getting out of his car. He was so happy to finally have HIS baby back from the shop. Since school had let out four hours earlier, he'd spent every minute driving around until Rian had called inviting him over, which is where he was now.
"Hey," he heard her small voice talk on the other line sounding perky. "Can you do me a favor?"
"Sure," Alex said easily as he locked up his car and made his way towards the Dawson's front door.
"Cover for me if the parents ask and say I spent the night at yours?"
Alex stopped in his tracks and wished he hadn't initially agreed. "Why, where are you going?" he asked although he aleady knew the answer.
"You know," she said darkly, and Alex could swear he heard resistance in her voice, and he let out a level ten sigh.
"Save it, please Alex?"
"Be safe?" he requested of her.
"Of course," Chase obliged and Alex knew if they were having this conversation in person she'd be blushing uncontrollably.
"Love you," Alex said defeated.
"I love you too," Chase returned the sentiment, and Alex quickly added in, "Don't do anything you don't want to!" before hanging up and knocking on the Dawson door. Alex could hear Rian's voice call out to him, "COME IN!" so Alex let himself in and into the living room where Zack and Rian sat. Alex greeted both of them as Rian seemed to bounce around excitedly smiling with his perfect teeth.
"Ok, What's going on?" Alex asked curiously smiling back at Rian's infectious smile.
"WE'RE STARTING A BAND AND YOU'RE GOING TO BE IN IT!"
"Wait what?" Alex asked still smiling and taken completely by surprise.
"Me and Zack were talking about it. It's perfect! Me on the drums, Zack on bass and he can do vocals ok, but that's were YOU come in."
"How?" Alex was playing dumb.
"Come on, I know you can sing, and I know that you can play the guitar. So what do you say?!"
Alex was torn. This was a perfect situation, Alex had always wanted to go places with his music, but he still had the lingering fear about failing with it.
"Please, just try it?" Rian asked his smile fading at Alex's pause.
"Ok, I'll try it," Alex relented looking down with a stupid grin plastered on his face and Rian knew that he had Alex right where he wanted him.
"Welcome to the band man," Zack said holding out his hand for a high-five, and Alex shook his head good-naturedly but hit his hand back.
"So where are the songs I'm going to be singing?" Alex teased and Zack and Rian looked at each other blankly.
"Eh, about that..." Zack trailed off and Rian picked up where he left off, "We were hoping you could help us in that department?"
"Actually, I have been working on some stuff," Alex had a glimmer in his eye and was actually feeling happy.
++++
One thin ray of sunlight managed to make it's way through a crack in the shade on the window, and it just so happened that this one ray of morning light made it directly onto Chase's face. Chase Gaskarth had always been a light sleeper and this slowly woke her up. Chase didn't open her eyes but she bit her lip containing a smile. She felt an arm draped over her side and a head nestled into her neck, as his uneven breaths went in and out, it gently moved her hair tickling the side of her face. Trying to contain giggles, Chase pulled the blanket tighter around her body. Feeling happy, Chase couldn't believe that she'd even thought twice about the other boy.
The hair tickling her face stopped and just before she turned to face the boy gently holding her from behind, she felt a small kiss on her right shoulder blade.
Carefully turning to face the boy she smiled, "Morning," he said his black hair sticking in every direction.
"Morning Jack," she smiled shyly, but then hid her face into his bare chest embarrassed.
"What's wrong?" Jack chuckled.
"I probably look like crap. No make-up, morning breath, bed head,"
"Sex hair," Jack added and Chase playfully slapped him not lifting her head.
"I'm kidding," he whispered softly and Chase lifted her head, "You look beautiful," he assured her and she rolled her eyes.
"Yeah right."
"I'm serious" Jack promised pulling her closer, and she gave in unable to remember the last time she'd felt so happy, glad that things had turned out the way they did.

THE NIGHT BEFORE

Chase felt sick as she cut up the steak in front of her. Tommy was trying his best to be romantic, he'd lit candles, prepared a homemade dinner, and had vases of flowers set up. So why was Chase so nerved up? She trusted him right?
Dinner seemed to drag on, and as always Tommy had made conversation for the both of them about himself, and Chase nodded along forcing herself to stuff the food down as slowly as possible, mentally dreading what would happen she finished eating. About half an hour into her eating, she and Tommy both were shocked when the lights turned on and they turned to face Mr. and Mrs. Scott home early. Apparently their car was having problems and they had turned around deciding to come home early. Chase had thanked her lucky stars that things hadn't moved at a faster pace or she would have been super embarrassed.
Mr. and Mrs. Scott made their way into the kitchen taking off their coats and opening a bottle of wine claiming they needed it after their journey and made themselves comfortable. Chase easily pushed aside her plate claiming she was no longer hungry. As soon as he could, Tommy made up an excuse to get Chase and he out of the house and into his car.
For Chase, the mood was completely shattered, but Tommy being a hormonal teenage boy he still had one thing on his mind.
He drove them to a secluded area, and Chase knew what he wanted to do and where he wanted to do it despite his hollow protests, and sure enough almost immediately as he parked he leaned in to kiss her. At first Chase gave in letting him kiss her, but the more aggressive he got, the more turned off she got. As Tommy's hands latched onto her head getting tangled up in her hair, she thought of Jack sweetly holding her hand on the park bench. As Tommy's chapped lips sloppily made their way all over her face, Chase thought of Jack's lips sweetly kissing her forehead. Everything Tommy did, reminded her of Jack and how much better she felt when she was with him.
Finally she pulled away, "We can't do this."
"What?" Tommy asked completely clueless.
"This," Chase made a wide motion with her hands, "We can't. Well, we aren't. I'm not."
"...because...?"
"Because I just realized that I care about someone else."
"So?" Tommy still wasn't getting it and dragged the poor girl back towards him, as she tried to fight it but he was too strong for her.
Chase gave up letting him continue to kiss her although fear was rising in her. He was much stronger then she, and he clearly was planning on getting what he came for which she wasn't willing to give him. Forcefully he made his way on top of Chase in the passenger's seat and she froze.
If i don't get away, I'm going to be raped, she thought even more terrified. Sitting still Chase tried to think of ways to get away. Finally she seized opportunity when Tommy went to unbutton his pants.
Chase quickly kneed his in the gut and as he doubled over in pain she also kneed him in the head. Pushing him off of her, she ran out of the car and retraced the same path the car had made into the area. Finally reaching a McDonalds on the main road, Chase had just realized she'd been crying. Crying for what might have happened, and in relief. Opening her phone and trying to regulate her voice she called a number she had no definite way of knowing if the person would pick up.
However to Chase's delight and surprise, Jack had answered on the third ring.
"Jack, I need you," she said hoarsely, and he instantly had known that something was wrong.
"Chase? Are you ok? Where are you? I'm coming to get you." he couldn't mask the concern in his voice and just hearing him made her feel safer.
"The McDonalds on Jones Road," Chase only said the words she had to, she knew she sounded horrible.
Jack had been there in under ten minutes although it was about fifteen miles away. Without even turning his car off, or parking properly, Jack had ran out of his car towards the fragile looking girl embracing her.
"What did he do?!" Jack demanded, and Chase shook her head in protest happy to be safe.
"Nothing yet," she promised him.
After that Jack had ushered her to the car and he was almost to her street when she asked him to take her to his house, puzzled Jack asked her if she was sure. She said she was positive and Jack shrugged in agreement. At the time he had no idea what she had planned. That was the difference between Tommy and Jack. Tommy expected it, whereas Jack was pleasantly surprised.
He quietly snuck her into his home through the back door in the kitchen and the two had made their way upstairs in no time.

With the memories fresh in her mind, Chase leaned into Jack listening to his heartbeat. Placing a small kiss on his chest and then laying her head back down she chuckled as she could hear it beat faster.
"You have that effect on me," Jack commented having a good guess at what she was smiling about. "No other girl has."
"I'm glad it was you," Chase said softly not meeting his eyes. She had truly counted last night as her first time considering the fact that she hadn't barely remembered her first time since she had been so drunk.
"You know," Jack stuttered, "Last night was a first for me too." Chase looked up at him in shock.
"A first what?"
"I've never cared about someone enough to let them spend the whole night. I've never wanted to wake up with with any other girl before you."
Chase's heart fluttered and it was Jack's turn to chuckle as he could feel her pulse in his hand that he cupped her neck and face with.
The two leaned in for a kiss before there was a knock at the door to which each of them froze. Although Chase had spent the night, Jasyn and their parents had all been home that night as well. The door knob jiggled, but luckily Jack had locked the door. However, Jack realized he had to hide Chase before he let whoever it was trying to talk to him in.
"Jack, open up?"
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUN!
on every level.
Who's at the door?
What will become of Jack and Chase?
What will become of Alex and Jasyn?
What will happen to Tommy?
Will Jasyn and Jack make up?
Will Jasyn and Chase become friends?
OH THE QUESTIONS!

Comment you guys and i'll have ANOTHER chapter up tomorrow