Status: active, slow but surely.

He Doesn't Look A Thing Like Jesus; But He Talks Like A Gentleman

You're as Fake as the Moans you make.

“Jasyn,” Chase whisper whined in protest into her phone. She couldn’t talk loudly due to the fact that she was home with her parents and she was completely unaware of their whereabouts in the house. She wasn’t supposed to associate with the Barakats, and if they heard her talking to a ‘Jasyn; they would immediately know it was her, either that or they would assume it was a boy, and she was really not fond of parents questioning her relationship status, especially since she was literally sleeping with enemy.
“Nope,” Jasyn said popping the p.
“But I don’t know what to get him!” Chase cried out pulling out her winter boots over her skinny jeans and socks.
“I don’t know what to tell you, you’ve been together for like, two months now, figure it out bitch.” Chase could hear a smirk in Jasyn’s voice and smiled as well she’d gotten to know her pretty well, and even though Jasyn might never admit it out loud, they had become almost best friends.
“I just want to get him something that he’ll you know, love.” she sighed just as her mother yelled up the stairs.
“Chase! Kelli and Kerri are here!”
“Shit got to go, text me some ideas!” Chase demanded before she heard Jasyn scoff and hang up.

Pulling on her winter jacket quickly, and a scarf, the petite girl ran out of her room and down the stairs. She wasn’t thrilled at the prospect of going Christmas shopping so late in the season with her former closest friends, but she was even more wary of leaving the two big mouthed girls downstairs with her mother. Ever since the day in the cafeteria where she and Jack had held hands, rumors flared, and although the two never fully flaunted their relationship in public, it was there.
“Hi guys!” Chase declared loudly and in fake cheer as she rounded her way half way down the spiral staircase.
“Hey baby!” the twins said in unison before high-fiving one another with their perfectly manicured nails and the Gaskarth girl had to try and not roll her eyes.
The blonde twins had guilted her into going out with them complaining that they never saw her anymore except at games and practice, which she had been scheduling less frequently.
“Let’s go,” she said quickly escorting the two out of her house as she got into their bright bubblegum pink car. The snow that was on the ground seemed to set off the color, hurting Chase’s eyes and as she climbed into the car, she knew that the outing was going to be a headache. The twins began to list off items they wanted to purchase for one another and their family members before Kelli, in the passengers side turned to the girl in the back who was staring out the window counting down the minutes before they arrived at the mall so she could drown out the two girls’ incessant chatter.
“Who do you have left to buy for Chay?”
Chay. Chase hated that nickname.
“Uhm, Alex, Rian…a few other people.” Chase trailed off suddenly very interested in her scarf as she picked at it, by a few other people she had meant Jack obviously, and she planned on getting a little something for Jasyn as well.
“Like Jack!” Kerri asked giggling before her sister joined in.
“Yeah, I do have to pick something up for him,” she said butterflies forming in her stomach. “I just don’t know what to get.” she confided.
“I know!” Kerri shouted, it seemed like every sentence she made was an exclamation. “It’s starts with an L and ends with…an A!” Kelli plastered a huge grin on her face
“Uh…What?” The girl in the backseat asked obviously at a loss.
“You don’t know?” Kelli and Kerri exchanged a disgusted look like what Kerri’s hint made it the most obvious conclusion ever.
“No.”
“LA PERLA!”
The small Gaskarth girl showed hesitance by not immediately answering so the other girls prodded, “Come on, the stuff there is so cute, it’s our favorite!”
Chase began to gnaw at her lip, lingerie wasn’t a bad idea, a bit cliché but an idea. However her sex life was not something that she was going to share with the mouths of the school so she quickly tried to side step the subject.
“I don’t know guys…besides, my mom always orders me the stuff from France I told you about…” Chase looked out the window once more.
“Well,” one of the twins scoffed, “we’re just trying to be helpful.”
“Yeah we can’t all be rich!” the other exclaimed and Chase had to hold back a snort as they pulled into the mall parking lot. Last time she checked La Perla wasn’t exactly cheap.
++++++
One hour into the shopping expedition and Chase was ready to pull her hair out. It was afternoon on a Saturday only a week and a half before Christmas so each and every store was packed to the max as items were quickly being snatched in every which direction. Then there was the fact that the twins had dragged Chase, literally dragged her, into every store no matter how irrelevant or obscure, and when if they found nothing to their interest they dragged her back out even if she was looking at something.
However, she did have to admit she had picked up just about everything she needed. A gift basket of Alex’s favorite cologne and a Blink-182 vinyl he’d been craving, A couple little things for Rian that she knew he would like, two cheap tacky looking bracelets (one for each of the twins), and a tiffany bracelet for Jasyn. It was one that was identical to the one Chase had been wearing one day that she had noticed the dark haired girl admiring. All that was left to shop for was Jack, however being with Kelli and Kerri was becoming tiring and she wasn’t completely sure that she wanted to be there with them when she did purchase whatever she came across for him.
Save me! she shot a text to Jasyn who almost immediately replied.
Figure it out yourself! I go through this every year with him &I’ve lived with the kid for 16 yrs. Good luck ;)
I meant from thing 1 and thing 2 but thanks for the reassurance. Chase quickly responded as she followed the girls’ mindless loud chapter before she ran smack into someone.
“Oh I’m sor-,” Chase looked up and met eyes with someone she instantly recognized and instantly grabbed him into an embrace.
“please. Save. Me.” she whispered in a pleading manner before pulling apart and loudly and fakely exclaiming “Rian, What are you doing here!”
The twins had stopped and retreated to Rian and Chase where they greeted him politely before starting a side conversation waiting for their ‘friend’.
“Christmas shopping,” Rian replied with a warm smile holding up his left arm that held many bags from all different stores.
“Me too,” the smaller Gaskarth said also lifting her arm before she was nudged roughly from behind her.
Whipping her head around with an angry expression, her face softened when she saw her favorite cousin and closest confidant towering over her.
“with Alex,” Rian finished with a laugh.
“hi Alex.” Kelli and Kerri giggled and he shot them his game face smile, “hi girls.”
Chase dramatically rolled her eyes in a way that only Rian caught before she turned her attention back to both of the boys.
“So what did you buy me?” she asked glancing between them.
“It’s a surprise,” Rian answered just as Alex shrugged playfully responding with, “Nothing.”
“Well I guess your gifts go to Rian then,” Chase answered scooting closer to Rian then Alex, who’s eyebrows shot up.
“Ooh, gifts plurral.”
“Mhmm, for both of you.” She smiled widely at each of them before sending them a look of urgency towards Kelli and Kerri saying ‘get me away from them’.
“See,” Rian said placing an arm around her shoulder, “This is why she’s my favorite Gaskarth.”
“Whoa-ho-ho. Low blow Chay,” he said mocking the nickname he knew his cousin hated while she rolled her eyes once again, “Buying off my friends. You can’t buy their love!”
“Actually…” Rian contradicted.
“Fine!” Alex laughed, “Take him, he’s not that good of a friend anyway.”
“Thanks Al.”
“No problem.”
“OH CRAP!” Chase yelled as she looked at her phone and put on a look of artificial panic, “look at the time. I totally forgot that I have to help mom with that thing now!”
“What thing?” Kelli asked skeptically narrowing her eyes.
“She didn’t tell you…that thing! With the animal shelter.” she lied through her teeth. “I guess we have to get going,” she said to the girls feigning real disappointment.
“Awh,” Kerri, the dimmer of the twins said in a pout, “but I was just getting started!”
“Well, I guess we could take her home,” Rian shrugged and Chase had to resist the urge to kiss him she was so relieved.
“Oh could you,” she said in distressed voice.
“Sure,” Alex added with a smile.
“Thank you so much!” Kerri ditzily exploded engulfing Alex in a huge hug to which he warmly accepted.
“Man whore,” Chase coughed quietly before bidding farewell to Kelli and Kerri with empty promises to ‘do it again real soon.’
As soon as they were out of sight the shorter Gaskarth let out a sigh of major relief.
“FREEDOM!” she exclaimed throwing her arms about dramatically.
“Oh come on are they really that bad?” Alex asked with a doubting look.
“Says you, the guy who just got groped by one! They have a pink car Alex. Barbie pink!” She yelled.
“I thought that was just a rumor,” Rian chuckled as it was now Alex’s turn to roll his eyes.
“They used to be your friends.” Alex pointed out diplomatically, “before-,”
“Before what?” Chase questioned, “before Jack came into the picture. Before Jasyn and I began to tolerate one another?”
“Yeah,” Alex sulked knowing he was wrong. He liked Jasyn, he considered her a friend. However he vowed that he and Jack would never be friends. There was just too much there that Alex was sure he could never look past.
“He makes me happy alex.” Chase said she and Alex stopped outside of a store while Rian quickly ran in to pick up something for his mother.
Alex sighed, “I know, I know. It’s just. I don’t like the kid, I never will. I guess it’s something that I’ll have to get over.” Now it was Chase’s turn to sigh while shaking her head. No matter how much she loved Jack and Alex she wasn’t sure who she would pick if it ever came down to it. So she had to make sure it would never get to that point.
“That reminds me,” she said smiling really nicely at Alex as he got a skeptically look on his face knowing something he wouldn’t like was coming next, “I’m completely at a loss for what to get Jack, any ideas favorite cousin?”
Alex ran a hand through his hair roughly. “Psh, I don’t know C. I’m not friends with the kid.” he looked to see the girl’s hopeful face slightly drop.
“Ok, fine, I’ll help you out with a couple ideas. On one condition.”
“Anything,” Chase smiled.
“You help me find something for Jasyn.”