Status: active, slow but surely.

He Doesn't Look A Thing Like Jesus; But He Talks Like A Gentleman

The Beginning of the End

“One word and we’re both out of here,” Chase promised her nervous cousin as they headed towards the back room. Slowing at the sound of voices the teens stopped listening for a moment.
“I should have known!” they heard Alex’s father exclaim as he was talking to the family that was present in their usual place in the back room of the restaurant.
“She was always just after my money, you see Elizabeth is a very greedy woman. And that boy of mine he-,” Alex couldn’t listen anymore; the only thing he could physically do was form a tight fist with his hand until his knuckles turned white. Although he had blocked out everything his father was saying, Alex was brought back to a conscience level when he felt Chase place her hand onto his shoulder,
“Lex, let’s just go to your mom’s,” she suggested in a steady voice.
“Wait,” Alex tried to compose himself before he stepped into visibility in the doorway of the backroom of Pendergast. As soon as his presence was sensed each and every person at the table silenced and turned to the door. Alex was primarily in sight but Chase was slightly visible behind his frame that towered over her much smaller body.
“Hey dad,,” Alex spat staring his father Jim Gaskarth straight into his eyes.
“Son,” Jim returned before taking a sip of his wine.
“What’s the matter, dad,” Alex continued condescension laced throughout every word, “Did I interrupt your conversation or something? By all means go on, I’d love to hear what you have to say.”
Everyone watched between the father and son with hesitance waiting to see who would make the next move. The silent grew quite uncomfortable as it sat untouched for at least a minute before Alex broke it.
“That’s what I thought.” he turned to leave.
“Kids just don’t understand,” Dawn said in a low voice turning to her father. Somehow catching the comment, Alex whipped his head back around.
“What don’t I understand Dawn? You haven’t lived at home for the past two years, you haven’t seen what…he’s done to this family. To mom, to me. Mom raised you! Mom took care of you! And then you take his side-,”
Alex was cut off by his father’s voice loudly scolding him. “ALEXANDER! You will not stand there and talk to your sister like that!”
Alex let out a sadistic scoff, “And you still play the denial, blame game. Look at you, YOU’RE A SAD, PATHETIC bastard,,” The only Gaskarth grandson whispered the last word and took a deep breath.
“Don’t talk to your father like that,” his grandfather grumbled, shocking nearly everyone.
“What father?” Alex sneered turning on his heel and actually walking away from the room and towards the exit door. Now everyone had adjusted their eyes on Chase, who stood awkwardly with all of the attention, as they waited for her next move.
“I uh-,” the youngest Gaskarth struggled with her words as she nodded her head towards the direction Alex had went, “I’m going to...,” she said waving and smiling apologetically before following Alex’s path.
“Chase Isabelle Gaskarth!” she could hear her mother call out, but she ignored the voice and instead reached the exit just as she saw Alex stepping into his car.
“Alex! Alex!” Chase called frantically waving her hands in the air and sprinting towards his car, she knew that she most likely looked like an idiot but she didn’t want to risk getting stranded with her family after the improper and rude exit she’d just made. But to her relief the car never pulled away, although it had been started, and as she neared the passenger side door, it was unlocked for an easy entry.
Once Chase had slid herself into Alex’s car she wasn’t quite sure what exactly she should say. It was clear that Alex was feeling a multitude of feelings. Hurt, angry, tired, done. If done is a feeling, the girl thought to herself as her cousin sped out of the parking lot many miles above the speed limit. His speed scared her but Chase didn’t vocalize her hesitance. Instead she just buckled her seat belt before shrinking down into her seat and watching the scenes outside fly past her window.
“I don’t even, I just, I don’t know,” Alex grumbled taking a sharp right turn making Chase hit her head on the window slightly.
“Ow,” she said loudly rubbing her head.
“Sorry,” Alex managed to respond however he did not sound sorry, or anything at all, except preoccupied. Finally when he whipped up the driveway to his residence, his mom’s house, and Chase bolted out of the car happy to be on an unmoving surface. Shortly after she had started trekking her way up to the front door, Alex had slammed his car door and was right behind her as she let herself into the house.
“Aunt Liz?” Chase called to Elizabeth Gaskarth as she walked into the kitchen where she saw her Aunt cooking a meal.
“Chase? Alex? What are you two doing here? I thought you had dinner?” she asked looking from her short niece who quickly averted her gaze to Alex, then to her son who wouldn’t make eye contact.
“Yeah, uh that didn’t quite work out tonight,” he sighed before meeting his mother’s eyes. Elizabeth could see through her son and that he clearly didn’t want to speak about it so she just smiled a motherly smile and patted the island bar counter.
“Well then, why don’t you two sit and I’ll whip you up some dinner,” she suggested as she took out triple the ingredients for what she was making herself to feed the other two mouths.
“That sounds great mom, thanks,” Alex smiled appreciatively sitting down with a sigh, and Chase plopped down right beside him.
+++++++++++++

Jasyn sat in her room listening to music and sitting on her bed with her laptop going through a few of her favorite websites. Although it was Christmas Eve her family was definitely not altogether, Jack was in his room preoccupying himself with something, her father was in his study doing work and her mother was cooking in the kitchen. Just as her mother crossed her thoughts, she could hear her mother’s voice call her name up the stairs.
“Jasyn? Dear?” Samantha Barakat called up the stairs.
Instead of calling back Jasyn got herself up and walked down the stairs.
“JAS-” her mother was calling louder when her daughter appeared at the stairs.
“Oh hi honey,” she smiled sweetly.
“Hi?” Jasyn responded skeptically and it came out as more of a question.
“I was thinking maybe you’d like to help me prepare some of the dinner since your brother and your father can't seem to 'be bothered'.” she smiled with an eyeroll.
“Sure…” Jasyn responded following her mother to the kitchen still unsure of this whole situation. For the past month or so, Samantha Barakat, her mother had been odd and distant from everyone. Jasyn would even go as far as saying she was being mean. However Jasyn was pleasantly surprised seeing the mother she’d knew here today and decided not to question it.
“Ok, want to do the salad?” Samantha asked as they reached the kitchen. The Barakat’s had always had quite an elaborate salad with all fresh, organic, unprepared products that needed to be cut apart and cleaned. Basically the whole works, and it had been Jasyn’s favorite responsibility through the holiday seasons. Nodding at her mother, the thin dark haired girl whose appearance was quite similar to her mother’s set up a station for herself to the side. She was a girl who liked everything done a certain way and properly set up; a thing she took from her mother.
As her daughter went into the refrigerator to reach some of her last needed prep items, Samantha noticed a bracelet on her daughter’s wrist that she had never seen before, a Tiffany’s bracelet.
“What’s that?” She asked with a smile, while Jasyn looked at her confused, “What’s what?”
“That bracelet,” she answered her daughter gingerly running her fingers along it.
“Oh,” Jasyn stopped unsure of what to say, “It was just a Christmas gift from a friend.” She admitted truthfully.
“Ooh, what kind of friend? Was it Tommy?” the older Barakat woman asked to which Jasyn scowled, “No mom. I told you. He and I broke up.”
“Oh,” Samantha sounded disappointed, “He was such a nice boy, couldn’t you two try to maybe, I don’t know, work things ou-,”
“He cheated on me mom. Because I wouldn’t have sex with him,” Jasyn responded with a blank facial expression and a monotone voice.
“Oh…oh.” her mother replied simply as her cheeks turned red, and that was the end of that conversation, neither woman talked as they continued to cook. Finally Samantha spoke again.

“Jasyn, honey, I’m sorry,” she sighed.
“I know I haven’t really been me lately. But that’s part of the reason I invited you down here with me. I don’t like being so distant…I’m sorry that I said that about that Nasty Scott boy.
Jasyn smiled as her mom had changed her pronouns from That Nice Tommy to That Nasty Scott Boy, “But I just want you to be happy,” she finished with smile.
“Thanks mom, I want you to be happy too,” Jasyn answered not knowing what else to say.
Samantha smiled before turning to face her daughter again, “So you’re a beautiful girl, don’t lie to me, who’s after you now?” she asked slyly.
“Oh, just a couple of boys. Nothing too serious,” Jasyn smiled back looking back down to the task she was performing. She wasn’t sure what she and Alex were, or where they were headed but she was hoping that her mom had meant it when she said she just wanted her to be happy.
++++++++++++
“That’s an awfully beautiful necklace you have there Chase,” Elizabeth Gaskarth pointed out as she took another bite of the linguine meal she’d made for herself and the two teenagers present in her home.
Chase’s face flushed as she nodded lightly taking a bite of food yet smiling slightly. Alex took this opportunity to also survey the necklace he knew that Chase had just received as a gift from Jack.
“Ooh, and look here.“ Elizabeth chuckled pointing at the girl’s neck again.
“Who got you the diamonds?” Alex’s mother teased and Chase’s smile faltered a bit, “A boyfriend?” she continued interrogating her niece.
“Yeah,” Chase said still blushing.
“Finally some gossip!” Liz exclaimed in a joking manner, “Well who is he?” she pressed waiting for more.
The smallest Gaskarth at the table looked to her cousin her eyes silently asking, “How should I proceed? Can I tell her about Jack?”
Alex met Chase’s eyes and it was just like old times as he could still carry a silent conversation with the girl without any verbal communication. Thinking for a moment Alex shrugged, he didn’t think his mother would care, and he knew for a fact she wouldn’t tell anyone. Taking Alex’s shrug as reassurance, Chase looked up at her Aunt Liz smiling.
“His name is Jack.”
“Jack huh, well what’s the verdict on him Alex?” his mother teased.
“Well,” the boy finished chewing his mouthful of food slowly contemplating and collecting his thoughts before swallowing.
“Eh, he’s ok. A bit of a dick but-,”
“Not to me!” Chase protested like a five year old.
“-not too bad.” Alex finished smiling.
Elizabeth smiled at the two; her only son and her niece, who if she was being honest she thought of as more of a daughter then her own daughter; knowingly.
“He’s so, just everything I want right now. He’s funny, and sweet…I really care-I love him,” Chase finally admitted. She had a relationship with this Aunt that was the closest to what she assumed a parental bond should be like.
“What do your parents think of him?” The older woman asked curiously as she took a sip of the glass of wine she had in front of her.
“They don’t know him,” Chase answered looking down at her plate suddenly very interested in the food in front of her, “His name is Jack- well, Jack Barakat.” she admitted as she sat up carefully waiting for her almost mother-like figure’s reaction. Alex knew his mother was understanding but also was impatiently waiting for her response. Partially for entertainment, and partially due to the fact that he respected his mother and her opinion and if he ever wanted to move forward with Jasyn, which he was considering since most of his ties were now cut off with his ‘Gaskarth’ side of the family; her reaction would be vital.
Looking at both of the teenagers, Elizabeth spoke.
“Well, you know I personally am not one to hold grudges. And if you think he’s ok and he treats you right and with respect, and Alex thinks basically the same then I guess I’m ok with it. Just be careful, like you would be in any other relationship. Initially things may be hard, but I think this incessant little ‘feud’ between the Gaskarths and the Barakats has gone on for far too long. Maybe the two of you will be the ones to finally bring an end to it,” she said hopefully before she took another sip of her wine.
As soon as Elizabeth saw the look on her niece‘s, and surprisingly her son’s, face she knew that she said the right thing. Alex was smiling beside himself and Chase was practically beaming.
“Aunt Lizzie,” the small girl started before reaching over and lightly placing her hand over her aunt’s, “I just want you to know that you’ve always been there for me, more of a parent to me then either of my parents. And I consider you more like my mom,” Chase said before internally cringing at how corny it sounded, Alex chuckled looking down at his plate not wanting to ruin this moment, while Elizabeth was taken aback unsure of what to say. She was honored that Chase felt that way, and she’d been proud of all the girl’s accomplishments. Meanwhile she couldn’t believe that her parents, especially her mother Grace, didn't feel the same way; yet all the same she knew that it would be childish to disrespect her soon to be former brother and sister in law even though Chase didn’t think highly of them at all.
“Well dear, I’ve always thought highly of you as well, you’ve always been a second daughter to me, and I’m very proud of you. You know that if you ever need anything Alex and I will always be here for you.”
“Agreed, but this is getting way to estrogen-y,” Alex laughed picking up his dirty dishes, then collecting the dishes of his female companions and carrying them to sink, before rinsing them and placing them in the dishwasher. “What a gentleman,” he could hear his cousin fake swoon from the other room

+++++++++++++++++

Later that night Chase and Alex sat in his bed while she was on her phone and Alex’s laptop smiling to herself while she listening to Alex strumming on his guitar and trying once again to perfect the song he was writing that morning with Rian and Alex.
“I’ve…I’ve never told you…I’ve never told a lie?…Yeah,…I’ve never told a lie. And-that means I’m lying?” Alex sounded frustrated as he tried to figure out the next line for the break down of the song.
“That makes me a liar?” Chase suggested as she saw on twitter that Kelli and Kerri were throwing a party on Saturday, the day after Christmas.
“Hmm,” Alex said aloud as he seemed to process the lyrics that his cousin had thrown out there.
“I’ve never told a lie, and that makes me a liar,” Alex sang with the chords he had down before grinning widely. “Perfect thanks Chase.”
“You’re welcome,” she smiled before closing the portable computer, plugging her cell phone into the charger and setting it on Alex’s nightstand before cuddling herself-into her special blanket that her aunt bought her-on the right side of Alex’s huge king-size bed.
“Going to bed already?” Alex asked looking at the clock shocked when he saw the time was 11:59 and he was shocked that it was later then he thought.
“Yeah,” she yawned, “I’m exhausted,” she mumbled closing her eyes.
“Oh, ok well I’ll put the guitar away and turn the light off then,” Alex began to get up before Chase’s eyes shot open, “No it’s ok, you don’t have to. It’s soothing,” she smiled.
“Alright, night. And Merry Christmas,” he said softly before the girl beside him floated off to sleep.
+++
Christmas brought cheer for everyone, the Barakat house was unusually peaceful with Jack and Jasyn getting along famously and their father was actually spending time with them and their mother Samantha.
Christmas was also unusually happy for Chase and Alex Gaskarth. There was no yelling at the boy’s house as each holiday often brought since his father was not present. Chase had spent the whole day at her cousin and Aunt’s house and as horrible as it may sound, but she was honestly happier there and felt warm and welcome, feelings she never felt from her mother at her own home. Save for a quick text to her mother when she woke up, and a call to her father she hadn’t had contact with them the whole day. It didn’t bother her that she didn’t get open up her parent’s gifts, she finally had a holiday feeling; completely comfortable and with family she enjoyed, the way she thought it was always supposed to be. Besides, despite her protest the whole season, her aunt Liz and Alex had bought her several gifts and placed them under their tree so she wasn’t completely gift less.
After spending the day cuddled up on the familiar couch in her aunt’s house watching Christmas movies and relaxing, her aunt had excused herself to bed while Chase was on Alex’s laptop playing around with her twitter account talking to Jack and Jasyn.
“There’s a party at Kelli and Kerri’s tomorrow,” Chase had informed the boy, who hadn’t changed out of his flannel pajama pants all day with perpetual bed head, with a devious smile.
“You in?”
“Uh..” Alex trailed off; he’d always been the boy to never pass up a party however that was the old him. He felt as though he was getting older, and maturing and not sure if he wanted to partake.
“Come on! I’ll be there and Jack-,”
“Oh joy,” he interjected.
“Hey! I thought you liked him and were giving him a chance.” Chase fought.
“After those twitter messages to you?” Alex asked shaking his phone before shuddering in a histrionic way causing the girl to roll her eyes.
“Anyway as I was saying, it’s me, Jack, Zack…Rian will probably go, and Jasynnnn,” she said in a singsong voice. At the mention of the Barakat girl’s name Alex looked away and turned crimson, shocking Chase and made her let out a startled laughing noise.
“Shut up.” Alex playfully shoved the girl. “…I guess I’ll go…”
“Knew it,” she said under her breath with a smile, which earned another playful shove from the older boy.
Looking over some rude remarks Tommy Scott had tweeted about Jasyn, Chase shook her head. She wasn‘t completely sure as to why she ever went out with him. Scrolling a bit further down Jasyn and Alex's timelines the girl smiled. She saw Alex sticking up for Jasyn and then complimenting the girl.
Chase turned to face Alex.
“You really like Jasyn huh?” she asked waiting for answer. He paused for a bit collecting his thoughts before speaking. “I do…It’s just like weird. I’ve never liked a girl like this before. Usually when I find a girl attractive, I pursue her. She eventually caves into me, we’ll date and sleep together,” he said honestly and sighing before continuing, “and then I’ll get bored…and move on…But with Jasyn-it’s just different. She like captivates me, she keeps me on my toes, and it’s like the more she pushes me away the more I want her. But at the same time…I don’t want to sleep with her,”
Chase’s eyes grew wide and then filled with confusion, she knew the promiscuous ways of the boy, and she waited for his reasoning.
“I mean I do, but-I don’t know…I don’t want to rush into things with her. I want more then sex.”
“That kind of scares me,” Chase smiled so unused to this new Alex.
“Are you kidding? It freaks the hell out of me!”
++++
Chase was admittedly not an expert at parties. She’d been to very few, one of them being the night she’d drunkenly lost her virginity (thankfully with a boy she’d grown to love and have a real relationship with.) So the girl had racing thoughts as she writhed uncomfortably in the front seat of Alex’s car. She’d spent the majority of the day blasting Good Charlotte from his room and dancing, being in an all around chipper mood however seemingly as soon as she got into the boy’s car she’d felt uneasy. It could have been nerves, or even like an omen of sorts but she didn’t like it.
“What’s the matter?” Alex asked furrowing his eyebrows at the complete change in Chase that had occurred in such a rapid matter of time.
“Just not feeling fantastic,” Chase answered attempting a smile.
“Want me to take you home?” Alex asked although he wasn’t thrilled with the idea he really wanted to see Jasyn.
Not answering vocally, the girl just simply shook her head no. She really wanted to be with Jack, Alex silently nodded back.
The two drove in a comfortable silence until they finished the short journey to the designated house that looked already to be jam packed and very lively.
Unbuckling his seat belt and turning the key in the ignition, turning the engine off, Alex turned to Chase once more, “Are you sure you want to do this?”
“Mhmm,” she nodded just as a loud bang hit the passenger window causing each of the Gaskarths to jump, startled, in their seat.
Laughter was followed by the noise, and as soon as Alex registered what just happened he rolled his eyes getting out of the car, while Chase angrily pushed tipsy Jack away as he opened her car door and tried to carry her outside.
“Babbbyyyy,” he whined, “I was jus’ playing,” he laughed still picturing the look of fear on her face, and finding it comical. Chase shook her head in irritation, narrowed her eyes and turned away from him facing the now empty driver’s seat as Alex had already started his walk up to the house in the cold air.
The girl still would not look at the lanky boy. That is until she felt his large cold hands on both sides of her face and she didn’t give him any resistance. When he had turned her head completely facing him and he leaned closer to her. His breath smelt lightly of liquor which was NOT a turn-on for Chase however she had to bite her lip to keep from smiling when she took in the sight of his face. His eyes seemed to twinkle, a bit glazed over, as they stared back into hers- and his big usual goofy grin.
“Chasey, forgive me?” The winter’s air was beginning to seep into the car; through the door Jack had opened before wedging himself between it and the seat Chase was sitting in; and his breath caused clouds that floated above and surrounding her face.
“Nope,” she answered quickly without thought and the clouds of her breath combined with Jack’s. Leaning in he placed a light kiss on the corner of her lips which then formed into a smile that she couldn’t contain.
“Now?” he chuckled slightly pulling away.
“uh-uh.” she smiled widely now as he attacked her face with kisses.
“Now?” he asked again between kisses, the girl shook her head no while trying to pull away from him having a fit of giggles as Jack grabbed her wrists in his hands tightly and leaned in; his playful kisses all over her face now slowed into passionate kisses on her jaw line down to her neck to which she gave into almost fully. In fact she was a bit disappointed when he pulled away.
“Now?” Jack kinked an eyebrow, his voice husky.
The Gaskarth girl opened her mouth to answer but before the words were out the two were interrupted by Alex’s loud voice floating down to them over the music inside the house,
“HEY YOU TWO, NO SEX IN MY CAR! TAKE IT INSIDE!”
Jack chuckled as did Chase who now graciously let her boyfriend help her out of the car.
“Let’s get out of this cold,” he whispered in her ear wrapping himself around her and guiding her inside, giving her shivers, and it wasn't from the cold.

Alex was greeted by a loud eighties sounding song that was popular on the radio airwaves, and seeing the scene around him, the boy scoffed. It was always custom to dress somewhat nicely to Kelli and Kerri’s parties-oxford shirts, dress pants for the men; dresses, and heels for the women; yet by the end of the night half the attendees would always either be undressed or end up having ruined their attire with a spilt drink or more often then not vomit stains.
The heat was on but with the turn out it wasn’t necessary, the amount of teenage bodies there so close together was forming a heat force of its own and Alex found himself unbuttoning his shirt as he looked around feverishly for Jasyn Barakat. However of course with his luck the first people he bumped into were the party hostesses themselves. The boy had to try and not scoff at the girl’s appearances. Each of them was adorned in a hot pink gown, not cocktail dress, gown. Kelli’s bleached hair was down and topped with a tiara while Kerri’s hair was pinned tight to her scalp with diamond encrusted bobby pins.
“ALEX!” they exclaimed in unison embracing him at the same time, which slightly got the boy's attention whether he wanted it to or not.
“So glad you’re here,” Kelli smirked while Kerri held out a flute of champagne, “Here, drink,” she offered attempting to look sultry.
“Uh, yeah…thanks for inviting me.” Alex answered half distracted still surveying the room for the lean brunette he’d had his mind on. “But I’m actually looking for-,” before the boy could finish his sentence the twin girls interrupted him once again.
“Well whoever it is, I’m sure that it can wait let us get you a drink!” she said ignoring the fact that her twin had just shoved a champagne flute into the boy's grasp.
+++++

Chase was alone and she wasn’t feeling well, she felt like they’d gotten to the party hours ago, but opening her phone she saw that it was only a little more then an hour before. Jack had left to get ‘drinks for them’ at least fifteen minutes prior even though Chase had insisted that she was not going to drink. Who wanted to drink when they had unreal cramps and felt like they were about to empty their day’s nutrients onto the pristine carpeted floor.
Sighing Chase opened her text message inbox which she knew would hold no new messages beyond her better judgment as she waited for a reply from both of the Barakats. She’d shot a text to Jasyn moments after Jack had left her, and had shot a message his way five minutes earlier wondering why getting drinks was taking him ten minutes in the first place.
The small girl in her pricey cocktail dress couldn’t help but think that this was not what she signed up for. She had just wanted to spend time with Jack, make memories. Meanwhile he was M.I.A and she could barely hear him when he was beside her due to the chatter and the ungodly decibels of music.
Giving up the girl took to the twitter app on her phone and decided to @reply Jasyn and Jack.
Waiting and looking around the girl had no sights of anyone she’d want to talk to and she nearly emptied her nauseous stomach at the sight of Tommy Scott across the foyer greeting some of his ‘buddies’. Taking all of him in with disgust the girl hadn’t realized how long she’d been observing until he himself had taken notice of her watching him. He smiled a smile that made Chase get goose bumps in fear and went to wave to her before her attention was luckily diverted to her phone buzzing.
Finally, she thought opening it to read a tweet from an obviously highly intoxicated Jasyn.
Her luck must have been coming in because as soon as she read the message from her boyfriend’s sister, her boyfriend himself showed up before her with a crooked smile.
“Where were you?” Chase scowled as she noted that the boy who’d sprung for drinks had no drinks with him.
“Getting you a present,” he smiled holding his hand, palm up but closed, out.
“What is it?” the girl was confused and smiled a bit but instead of vocally answering her, he took his free hand and used it to lift her hand putting the contents into her palm.
At first the naïve girl who thought herself to be so worldly was confused, and then she was nervous when she realized that her boyfriend had placed a white pill in her possession.
“What is it?” the girl repeated again before Jack smiled again, “It’s just to relax you. Take it, especially since you don’t want to drink. You’ll feel good, it will probably even make your stomach feel better,” he cooed.
Jack was Chase’s boyfriend. She loved him. She trusted him, and most of all she didn’t want him to think that she didn’t love or trust him so she took the pill and dry swallowed it smiling, while Jack threw up his arms, “My girl’s a champ!”
++++
Two hours into the party and Alex could not lose the twins to his irritation. Every time he tried to saunter off one of them would grab him or follow him. The mild mannered boy’s limit was being pushed and right before he was about to slip off the edge he spotted Zack chatting with a cute girl and he took this as his shot to make a quick getaway from the clutches of evil.
“Well ladies it’s been nice chatting with you,” Alex was saying the words as he was making his way towards his friend, “but I see Zack and I’d like to have a word with him.” he waved but he was already practically to Zack when he was done speaking and thankfully the girls didn’t follow.
“ZACK!” Alex ran to his friend never happier in his life.
“Alex,” Zack smiled tilting his beer towards the desperate looking boy, “What’s up my friend?”
“Desperate to get away from Barbie and Skipper, and looking for Jase. Have you seen her? And hello.” Alex paused not wanting to be rude to the girl that Zack was with. “I’m Alex,” he greeted her offering her hand.
“Jade,” the girl smiled offering a wide grin.
“Nice to meet you,” Alex returned the gesture before turning back to Zack, “So…Jasyn?” he pressed hoping not to appear too desperate.
The muscular boy let out a hearty laugh at the singer before shaking his head, “You’re hopeless Lex. But the last time I saw Jasyn she was looking pretty wasted and persistent on getting upstairs to the bathroom on her own. I wouldn’t be surprised if she found herself passed out in the hallway up there.”
The thought worried Alex and he quickly said goodbye to Zack and his friend before making his way through the mass of people in the kitchen, the litter of people in the foyer to the staircase. As he ascended the stairs he found himself at unease. Everyone knew what happened upstairs at parties. Hooking up.
The thought of Jasyn hooking up with another guy repulsed the boy all the while making his heart ache. Trying to keep all negative thoughts away it was worse for Alex to see no life forms in the second floor hallway at all. Just doors. A seemingly endless amount of doors, each of them shut. Each of them concealing the activities behind them from the outside world. Standing still contemplating his next move Alex Gaskarth nearly messed himself when his eyes took in the sight he saw next.
The scumbag himself, Tommy Scott, trying to stealthily exit one of the bedrooms. He slowly, quietly exited before turning around and gently shutting the door behind him and headed in the opposite direction of the onlooker unaware of his presence at all and opening a door down the hall that was exerted the loud sounds of guys cheering and Tommy laughed shutting the door.
Almost afraid to move, the attractive boy’s thoughts raced uncontrollably as his feet made their way towards the door. He was afraid what-or who would be behind the door. His first thought was ‘I don’t know what I would do if it was Chase behind this door.’
His fingers lightly touching the door knob he let himself into the room. Immediately he felt weak in the knees and impulsively turned his head away.
Lying on the bed was a completely uncovered and undressed Jasyn Barakat. She was clearly passed out, and it was very apparent that she’d been raped by looking at the sheet under her and the blood on her thigh.
The boy’s first instinct was to go retrieve Tommy Scott and kick his ass, but his better judgment kicked in moments later and he knew that he had to bring Jasyn to consciousnesses.
Rushing to the side of the bed Alex placed his now clammy hands on either side of her face after moving the hair out of her face.
“Jasyn,” he spoke just above a whisper gently shaking her head back and forth. “Jasyn,” he repeated again yet the girl remained unresponsive. After continuing to call her with no response the boy knew he had to take action. Standing up Alex looked for the dress that Jasyn had been wearing. The floor was pristine and it must have been a guest room because the walls and display areas held no personal touches. That’s why Alex was confused as to why he couldn’t find her clothing on floor that was completely clear of anything else. Glancing under the bed the only things of hers that he could spot was her stockings and her under garments. Taking action without thought he grabbed the articles of clothing he saw and propped Jasyn up as he did his best to reapply them to the girl.
There were only two thoughts that the boy had. The first was the irony that he was normally the boy who would try to get every girl out of her undergarments, not in them. The second thought was that no matter how many times he’d pictured this girl naked, lusted after, he’d never envisioned it like this and he chastised himself for his prior mental images.
The panties were the easiest to put on the girl, the bra provided more of a challenge and Alex hadn’t even realized that he was shaking profusely until he attempted to pull on her pantyhose. After he’d gotten those over her long slender legs, Alex let out a shaky breath and tried to calm himself he paused only for a moment before he figured out exactly what to do.
He could call an ambulance but that could be a very bad idea, it would take a bit for the ambulance to get there, he may not get to ride with her, and it would cause attention to her situation that he was sure she wouldn’t want. Alex then knew it would be his responsibility to get her to the hospital but he needed help. Quickly he texted and tweeted his cousin curious to her whereabouts anyway; and he took off his dress shirt pulling it over her and buttoning all the buttons. Lucky the shirt covered enough of her and Alex still had his wife beater on with his dress pants so he was satisfied.
Still waiting for a reply from Chase, Alex once again tried to get Jasyn to come to. He sat behind her and leaned her into an upright position in front of him gently tapping her and saying her name in a firm voice.
After a minute Alex was about to give up when he felt her move by herself under his arms. With a new rush of adrenaline the boy crooned his neck so that his head was beside hers to see her face, “Jasyn, Jasyn.” he called more frantically. Finally her eyelids opened a bit and she moaned in response.
“Jasyn,…I need to get you to the hospital. I need you to cooperate when I bring you down stairs ok?” he asked her hoping she would be able to understand him. It would be a hell of a lot easier bringing the girl to the car with a little help rather then dragging her like dead weight.
Jasyn moaned again as if in response and Alex shifted their bodies so that they were standing. The girl who was barely conscious took as much weight on her own feet as she could while Alex took the rest wrapping her arms around his neck and leaning her against his shoulder.
As quickly as he could Alex made his way with Jasyn out of the bedroom and down the stairs. He was only intent on making his way to the car. Most people paid him no mind not even noticing the two of them or Jasyn in her state. Others, the ones who did notice stared on and whispered to those around them sober enough to comprehend or care.
“You’re doing well, you’re doing so well,” Alex encouraged the girl who was still fighting against her impulses to pass out, to help him move her.
Once they made their way out the front door the cold air hit Alex like a ton of bricks. He tried to control his shivers and rub Jasyn’s arms to keep her warm while he got to his car. Spotting his familiar form of transportation he was shocked to see something in a heap next to the driver’s side of the car. Quickening his pace, Alex gently placed the girl in his arms onto the passenger’s seat shutting the door and making his way to the other side of the car.
This night had turned into a complete nightmare. A wreck.
Lying on the snow was Chase Gaskarth.
“Are you fucking kidding me?” Alex stuttered under his breath. It wasn’t an angry statement it was scared remark.
“Chase!” Alex exclaimed grabbing her by the arms and pulling her up. Her body temperature was nowhere as warm as it should have been and it scared her cousin to death.
Instinct taking over Alex put his fragile looking relative into the back of his car and sped off far from the large house that now held many bad memories that he wanted to speed away from.

Jack sat on the couch surrounded by acquaintances he really didn’t care to talk to. What he really wanted to do was find his girlfriend and spend some time with her, talk to her, hold her, just be in her presence. But here he was, alone in a crowded room.
Get up, he willed himself. Get Chase, Find Chase. Yet he couldn’t. After several drink, a few pills and a few bowl packs he felt as if he couldn’t even move. But that was before, before he got the twitter message from Alex. Alex didn’t have Jack’s number and when his phone went off he thought that it could be his girlfriend so he checked his phone. It was an @reply from Alex.
AWGaskarth: @Jackattackbkat hey asshole! If you are looking for your girlfriend or sister they're with me on the way to the fucking hospital! You might wanna show up.
As if receiving a second wind, Jack shot up. Wobbling a bit as he stood he shot a response back to Alex asking what the hell he was talking about. Shakily sobering up a bit Jack forcefully pushed his hands into his pockets looking for his car keys. They were not there and Jack was a bit too gone to comprehend that fact as he kept digging for them and waiting for his phone to go off again.
Finally realizing that people were staring at his peculiar behavior, and also realizing that he was not going to find his keys in the empty pockets he’d been rummaging through for minutes now, the boy went withdrew his hands from his pockets and started his search for an exit to go to his car. He was more alert now and nearly jumped when his phone went off again,
AWGaskarth: @jackattackbkat get to ER. Now. Jase and chase are in trouble...bad.

Jack faltered now scared. Something was wrong with his little sister AND his girlfriend. He had to get there, rushing around looking for his keys or a ride when he spotted his cousin Zack Merrick heading towards the front door.
“ZACK! ZACK!” he called out attempting to overpower the music that was playing at an unholy level with no luck. Desperate Jack tried his best to run to catch up with the muscular blonde and he was succeeding until he tripped over his own feet in his state and ironically fell on the boy he was chasing after causing them both to tumble down the cement porch stairs. Jack landed on top of the boy who ended up with face slammed against the floor.
“Ouch! What the fuck Jack! You’re lucky you’re so friggin skinny, why are you running after me anyway?”
Zack looked to Jack incredulously waiting for an answer yet now it seemed as though the lanky dark haired boy couldn’t find his words.
“Jack?” Zack questioned in a softer tone.
Shaking out of his daze, he finally spoke, “I-I uh need a ride to the hospital,” it came out slowly and Zack tried to comprehend what was going on.
“Jay…and Chase. They uh..Alex brought them…I’m not sure whats wrong-,”
Zack shook his head standing himself up all the while placing his hand out as if saying ‘I don’t need to hear more’.
“Let’s go,” Zack said helping Jack up.

Alex paced back and forth in the waiting room. Minutes before when he’d rushed in the Emergency Room entrance the woman at the desk had looked at him like he was crazy, running in yelling for help gesturing his arms wildly. When the woman had finally calmed Alex down, and when he had enough air to speak quickly he was able to explain he had his cousin the backseat of the car, unresponsive and he wasn’t sure why, and that his ‘girlfriend’ was drugged and had been raped and was in the front seat. The next few minutes were a blur to the boy as several medical workers rushed to Alex’s car which was parked erratically; engine still running; in front of the ER entrance getting chase out on a stretcher still unconscious and Jasyn out in a wheelchair as she was somewhat aware.
Alex tried to keep breathing steadily as nurses and interns rushed her and her gurney down the hallway as a doctor stayed behind to have a word with her cousin.
“Now you said you’re related to this girl?”
“Yes, uh-I’m her cousin. Her name is Chase. Chase Gaskarth. G-A-S-K-A-R-T-H, and she’s seventeen.”
“Ok,” was all the doctor responded as he seemed to be filling out a chart. “Can you tell me what happened tonight?” he continued staring into Alex’s eyes that were watery and half covered with his hair that stuck to his forehead from the snow that had saturated each strand.
“Uhm…” Alex’s voice shook as his nerves went at him full force and he tried to recall what he had seen of Chase through the night. “We were at a party, and Chase..I’m not sure..OH! I know she wasn’t feeling well earlier. She’s not a big drinker so I don’t think she had anything to drink but I-I uh found her laying outside in the snow by car--I uh-I’m not sure how long she was there.”
“Did she take any narcotics or pills? Or does she have any pre-existing medical conditions? It’s imperative that we know these things.”
“Uh no.-no pre-existing conditions and I don’t think she took anything I’ll…I’ll let you know if I find anything out from her boyfriend.”
“Ok thank you--,” the doctor paused unsure of the boys name yet holding out his hand to shake.
“Alex Gaskarth,” Alex shook the doctor’s hand as firmly as he could muster.
“Alex,“ the doctor repeated, “I’m Dr. Mulberry and I’m going to take the best care of your cousin as I can. I just ask that you fill this down as best you can and place down the number of her parents or guardians since she is a minor.”
The band boy nodded his head processing everything as he took the clipboard with the necessary paper work, “Thank you Doctor Mulberry,” he managed.
“I’ll let you know when I have news,” The astute looking doctor promised before hastily walking in the direction that the gurney had rushed through a few minutes prior.
A nurse with Jasyn in a wheelchair was standing by waiting for Alex’s attention as well it seemed.
“Yes?” Alex asked turning to the nurse running his hand through his hair.
“She wanted to speak with you,” the nurse said referring to Jasyn who seemed to be more awake now.
“Jasyn,” Alex sighed kneeling to her eye level and taking her hand in his angry at how scared she looked.
“What happened?” Jasyn squeaked motioning to her attire which was her now slightly ripped tights blood on her left thigh, with Alex’s long oxford shirt; and it was like several knives to Alex’s heart, the girl’s usual sarcastic, bright, tough exterior had been broken down and she looked and sounded like a shell of her usual self.
“Jay…” Alex trailed off looking away from the girl he wanted nothing more then to hold and kiss and shield from the world.
“Alex,” Jasyn’s voice was firm, “I can take it.”
“I uh..found you upstairs in a room naked…”
The dark haired beauty looked down. “Tommy,” she whispered with no emotion to it.
The nurse spoke then just as Alex’s phone vibrated with another message from Jack. “Miss, are you ready for your screening?”
Jasyn shook her head yes, and Alex gave her hand another squeeze before the nurse took her away and the boy was alone again and now arguing through a social networking site with the brother and boyfriend of the two girls the Gaskarth boy was trying to save. It felt like any progress or liking for the boy had been shattered. After asking Jack what he’d given Chase, Jack denied anything claiming he was on his way. Alex sat trying to focus on the paper work in front of him. He asterisked his uncle’s and aunt’s phone number and filled in everything he knew before he brought the paperwork to the desk and waited.
The waiting room stayed true to it’s name. Everyone in there was waiting and looked miserable. Alex surveyed the people alongside him. There was a sickly thin looking woman with deep, dark bags under her eyes. She dressed poorly in a ragged trench coat with a nightie underneath; her shoes were worn and she held a small child in her arms. The little boy was crying and looked almost green; clearly he was the one who was sick in the pair of them. Alex watched as the woman who was obviously exhausted rocked the boy back and forth in a catatonic like manner as he stared right into the eyes of this teenage boy. Alex just realized he was freezing in just his white, soaked now see-through wife beater and dress pants and it was in that moment that he knew he didn’t look much better off then the child’s mother. On his other side sat an elderly woman who was crying she was obviously in the same position that Alex was in. Waiting for news, scared and dependant on the doctors.
About fifteen minutes later Jack Barakat rushed into the emergency room looking around until he spotted Alex and ran to him.
“What the fuck is going on Gaskarth?”
“How’d you get here?” Alex snapped at the other boy, standing up, making it so the boys were toe to toe staring each other down; both waiting for an answer to their question.
Alex broke first yet he didn’t back down, he stood still in Jack’s face, but his words were gentler.
“Well, Jasyn, she was…Tommy Scott…” Jasyn’s brother looked to the boy who desperately wanted her, hanging on his every word.
“I found her upstairs…naked. In the same room that Tommy had just left. And she was drugged unconscious.” The words came out of him in a rush and he watched as the other boy.
Jack let out a gush of air and faltered, his head suddenly feeling very light. His sister, his baby sister had been raped.
Immediately Jack felt guilty, he was off getting wasted and Tommy Scott had drugged and taken advantage of Jasyn. He was off getting wasted and Jasyn and Chase-Oh god, Chase Jack thought before opening his mouth.
“Where is Jasyn, and what about Chase-,”
“Chase Gaskarth,” Dr. Mulberry called out as Jack was speaking cutting him off and causing he and Alex to rush to his side.
“Yes?” Alex questioned his eyes begging for answers.
“We have your cousin stabilized in room 838 upstairs, we’re finishing up our tests but you can go see her if you like while we wait.”
“Ok thank you…can you direct Jasyn Barakat our way when she’s done with her…screening?” The Gaskarth boy asked feeling awkward about the whole situation.
“Yes, and someone will be in to explain things to you and her parents, whom we’ve called as soon as possible,” the doctor walked away as Jack and Alex hurried to find Chase’s room.
“Jasyn’s getting a rape kit done…somewhere,” The brunette boy found words easier now but still not at ease with Jack completely. Jack nodded not speaking at all for the rest of the four flights of stairs up and down the hallway to Chase’s room as Alex told Jack everything he knew about what was going on with his sister, and Jack listening intently. Just as Alex had finished telling him all he knew, Jack reached the door Chase was behind first and whipped it open hauling in to room yet immediately halting on his way in causing Alex to bump into him.
Neither boy liked or spoke at her appearance. She looked like she was sleeping but she had a breathing tube connected to her nose, and IV to her arm. There were machines beside her; several and neither boy knew what they were for. Her skin was almost a grayish color and her face looked drawn.
Jack kept his eyes on Chase, eyes wide and glassy as he slowly made the first move and stalked over to her bedside where he sat taking her hand gently as if she was breakable and if he pulled, squeezed or moved her too quickly.
Meanwhile the other boy didn’t move watching the scene trying not to throw-up. The sight of Chase made him physically sick no one should have to see someone they love look like that. Meanwhile Jack looked so sweet with her, and Alex was disgusted with himself for thinking that.
At that moment the doctor came in and Alex moved slightly out of the way as he and Jack looked up to the face of the doctor waiting for the news.
“Well, I’ve got good news,” Mulberry smiled while Jack and Alex let out audible sighs of relief simultaneously.
“Ms. Gaskarth was severely dehydrated and had a mild allergic reaction to the anti-anxiety medication in her system,” Alex shot a look to Jack who immediately looked down and away guiltily as the doctor continued. “And the cold didn’t help her situation much. However luckily it was a low dosage and we were able to flush it out easily, and warm her up. With some rest for the next few days she should be completely back to normal.”
“Good, good,” Alex managed with a slight smile.
“And,” The doctor continued looking to Jack now assuming correctly that he was her boyfriend, “we ran some tests and the baby appears to be healthy for the gestation period.”
Jack’s eyes bulged out of the sockets as he looked to Alex for some answers but he was just as clueless as he looked to Jack with the same expression.
“The-the what?” her boyfriend finally found his voice as he stared at Chase’s face.
“The baby, I’m sorry I thought you knew. You’re girlfriend is about fourteen weeks along.” The doctor said furrowing his brows.
“Fourteen weeks?!” Jack exclaimed looking at his girlfriend’s stomach which was located under her hospital gown and the blanket; but he didn’t see a bump, there were physically no signs of her pregnancy except her feeling slightly nauseous lately.
“Three and a half months, that’s impossible.” Alex spoke, “She took a pregnancy test about two months ago, maybe two and a half. It came out negative. I was there, I saw the results.”
Jack was listening yet still staring at Chase’s abdomen slowly moving his hand towards it and setting it there.
“Well she was indeed pregnant according to our ultrasound. There could be a couple possibilities as to why it came out negative. It could have been too early to detect pregnancy; also the tests are not always accurate if not taken with the first urine of the day. However if she is not aware of her pregnancy she will need to immediately start prenatal care unless if she plans on terminating the pregnancy. In which case she will need to make arrangements for that very soon or it will be a more dangerous procedure that will require an overnight stay here at the hospital.”
Jack nearly choked on the words terminate the pregnancy but he wasn’t quite sure how to comprehend the situation. He wasn’t sure what he felt about her being pregnant except scared, and he wasn’t sure what Chase would want to do about the baby.
“Uhm, Ok,” Alex finally spoke unsure of what else to say and pretty sure that Jack had nothing else to say-at least to the doctor-in that moment either.
“Now we’ve called her parents and we’re waiting on them and we’re keeping her overnight under observation. I’ll be sure to inform her and her parents of the situation when they arrive.”
Alex’s stomach dropped at the thought of his aunt and uncle-especially his aunt-becoming aware of Chase’s pregnancy before she even knew. Especially when they found out who the father of the baby was.
“Ok, thank you,” Alex sighed unaware of what else to say to the doctor, while still looking to Jack who remained speechless and staring at Chase lost in his thoughts. He was so oblivious he didn’t see the doctor leave or Alex sit on the other side of Chase’s bed.
“I didn’t mean to drug her…it was just one pill…I didn’t know she was allergic, hell I didn’t know she was…is…pregnant,” it was surreal for Jack to even say the word while he was still in a daze. Meanwhile Alex began to fume at the boy’s confession to giving Chase the pharmaceuticals in the first place.
“You shouldn’t have given her anything,” the Gaskarth boy tried to keep his voice even and not make a cliché scene in the hospital. “Just because you are a little party boy taking drugs, popping pills left and right, drinking yourself into oblivion-all at once I might add-does not mean Chase is that kind of girl. She never was. You’re changing her for the worst. And you could have killed her…and the baby…tonight.”
“I know,” the words out of Jack’s voice were almost a whisper and he carefully moved his hand away from her body back towards himself as he stood up. Gently placing a kiss on Chase’s head and resting his lips there for a moment he backed away before turning to Alex, “Tell her that I was here at least? And that I love her and I'll try and talk to her tomorrow?” he asked knowing that Alex would most likely stay with the girl and that her parents were most likely on there way there and that he wouldn’t want to be caught there at this scene.
Alex rolled his eyes in spite of the boy but nodded his head yes begrudgingly.
However Jack was too late to avoid the train wreck because as soon as he went to leave, Grace Gaskarth and her husband came storming in.
“You!” Grace had an evil look on her face was pointing to Jack, “What are you doing here?!” she demanded to know as she blocked his exit from the door and the boy was honestly scared. Chase’s father stared on, scowling but not saying a word as Alex stood.
“Well,…uh…ma’am I-,”
Oh. My. God. It’s you isn’t it! YOU’RE THE BOY WHO KNOCKED UP MY SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD DAUGHTER!” Grace Gaskarth’s voice was loud and she was most definitely causing a scene and it was quite apparent she already knew the situation at hand.
Jack didn’t deny anything he just looked away; in fact his eyes scanned everything in the room but Chase’s parents, Chase or Alex. He had to bite his tongue from saying anything, even though these people were half the reason the feud between the two families had lived on they were still his girlfriend’s parents; not to mention his future child’s grandparents and he didn’t want to disrespect.
“You Bastard,” with that a stinging pain in Jack’s cheek caught his attention as he brought up his hand to his cheek.
“Aunt Grace-,” Alex started shocked at his aunt’s actions and even more shocked that his uncle just stared on making no movements at all.
“No, Don’t YOU start. YOU were supposed to take care of her; look out for her. Now look at her, she’s had her stomach pumped tonight AND she’s pregnant!” Alex didn’t say a word to this. He had nothing to say, his aunt was right. He felt it was his responsibility to take care of Chase and he’d failed, at least that night at the party, by not keeping an eye on her.
“Mrs. Gaskarth,” now Jack had opened his mouth to speak but she was having none of it.
“No. Do not speak. I don’t want to hear a word from you. I know all about you, Barakats,” she practically spit the name, “and I am just sick at the thought of my daughter carrying any child let alone yours.
“Grace,” her husband finally warned but it was too late.
Mine? Yes. You know what? I did ‘knock’ Chase up. Because she willingly had sex with me! And it wasn’t just that once either, we’ve had sex lots of times!”
Alex tightly closed his eyes, he knew that Jack was losing his temper and although he was very angry with him, he didn’t blame the boy yet once again, Alex knew his aunt and uncle and he knew that whatever Jack said would be taken and held against Chase ten times as hard.
Grace opened her mouth to speak but Jack didn’t stop talking.
“I mean what kind of people are you? Chase used to say how bad she hated you,” he pointed towards Grace, “all the time but I never knew exactly why until now. You’ve done nothing but pressure, and smother your daughter and push her away. One of these days its going to come to the point where she’s completely gone and it will be entirely your fault.”
Opening his eyes, the brunette who’s figure was filled out a bit more then the lanky yelling boy took in the sight of Grace Gaskarth and for a moment he swear he saw it for the first time in his life. A look of understanding, and quite possibly a look of regret. And Alex thought it happened, she’d finally got it, she’d finally understood. However her eyes soon glazed over with hatred.
“Get. Out.” she demanded.
“Gladly,” Jack sneered walking around her and out of the room.
“And don’t you EVER come back, or make contact with my daughter again!” she turned to yell at him.
“Fuck you,” Jack shot shaking his head and off in search for his sister.
After he was out of sight, Grace turned to Alex who was expecting to get read the riot act but instead she sat beside her daughter taking the position Jack had just had placing her hand in hers and looking up to her nephew, “I suggest you go home and get some rest.”
Alex started to protest, "No I want to be here when she-,"
“AND come back in the morning. I know she loves you and will be happy to see you here.” Grace Gaskarth sighed knowing she wouldnt be able to stop the boy completely and trying to set an alternative that would suit them all.
“Ok.” Alex agreed.

After getting lost twice, Jack gave up and finally retreated to a nurse’s station.
“Can I help you?” a young looking female asked not even looking up to meet Jack’s eyes instead she was engrossed in the paperwork in front of her.
“Yeah, I’m looking for my sister, Jasyn Barakat. She was admitted earlier for a rape kit,” it was odd to the skinny boy how easily the words came out of his mouth.
“I’m sorry sir-,”
Jack cut off the nurse before she could continue by tiredly digging in his pocket and throwing his ID at her.
“I’m her brother. See? I just want to find out where she is so we can go home,” he assured the nurse tiredly rubbing his eyes.
The woman glanced at Jack’s driver’s license before shoving it back to him and opening something on her computer and typing. She then picked up a phone dialing a three-digit number and speaking in hushed tones before she hung up and turned towards the tired boy again telling him in a not-so-nice way where to find his sister. Feeling badly for the snobby attitude he’d given her before he gave her a polite thank-you to which she scoffed.
Finally when he’d found the room the nurse had spoken of, ten minutes later he knocked lightly before walking in. Inside was Jasyn sitting in a pair of scrub pants with a men’s dress shirt that Jack assumed to be Alex’s since he was missing one and it hung on Jasyn’s frame.
“Hi.” she managed while tearing up at the sight of her brother. She’d managed to tell the story to the doctor of what she believed happened yet couldn’t completely recollect, and go through a painful examination without crying yet at the sight of her older brother looking at her with such sympathy and love she broke down.
“Jasyn,” he said embracing his sister feeling anger flare up in him uncontrollably again at Tommy. “I’m so sorry,” he whispered into her ear while holding her body that was violently rocking with sobs. And he was sorry. Sorry for what happened to her, sorry for what was going to happen now and sorry that he wasn’t there to protect her.
The two of them sat there like that for minutes before Jasyn’s crying slowed down and she couldn’t cry anymore now slightly embarrassed pulling away from her brother.
“I,” the girl bit her lip feeling incredibly uncomfortable about to tell Jack what was going on before he put his hand up stopping her.
“I already know everything,” he sighed, “Alex told me.”
Jasyn sighed as well, in relief. She once again felt blessed for the Gaskarth boy that night.
“How’s Chase?” Jasyn asked suddenly remembering her friend’s condition the last time she’d seen her although her memory was hazy she definitely remembered something being wrong.
“Pregnant.” Jack said monotonously as he sat beside his sister.
“WHAT?!” Jasyn exclaimed trying to get into her brother’s head.
“She’s uh…fourteen weeks. I didn’t know, Alex didn’t know. Hell Chase didn’t even know…she passed out tonight because she was allergic to something she took and she was dehydrated. They have her sedated for the night so I don‘t even know what she thinks of this, or what she wants to do.”
“Whoa,” his sister said unsure of what else to say. It was almost too much to take in. She was raped by her ex-boyfriend and ex-best friend, Alex had seen her naked, and her brother had gotten his girlfriend pregnant.
“And it gets worse. I ran into her parents on the way out of her room. Her mom actually slapped me and started accusing me of things, so I completely chewed her out…she told me to never talk to Chase again so I told her to fuck off.”
With that the dark haired beauty began to laugh, she wasn’t sure why. Nothing seemed funny right now, in fact everything was quite a mess, but she couldn’t contain herself. Her laughs soon turned into hysterical laughing and for some reason Jack found himself chuckling along. Each of them was in shock and overtired and soon Jasyn found herself with more tears but this time from laughter.
Once each of them quieted down again she asked him a simple question.
“So what now?”
“I don’t know I guess. Wait until tomorrow. Wait until I can talk to Chase and figure this out…What about you.”
“I uh…I’m still in shock I think…I guess we’ll wait on tomorrow. I filed a report tonight so we’ll see what happens.”
“Good…I mean to you filing a report,” Jack said awkwardly before giving his sister a hug. “Now let’s get discharged so I can get us home somehow.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the Delay guys!
But heres a nice long 20 pages in word-update!
Drama eh? I'm sorry yes I clichely made Chase pregnant, sorry but it's my story (and Aly's who agreed) And it randomly just took a turn this way.

I'd like to thank all the commenters who adore this story and have been patiently waiting for an update!
Jadeee
xerinxelizabethx17
amyytwloha
toriluvsyoumwah
Tayyyyy
h8 lyfe
screamedlullaby
Smitten.in.Mittens.
SpinningInCircles
ATLloverAWGRRDJBBZSM

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!
Comments are greatly appreciated :)