Status: active, slow but surely.

He Doesn't Look A Thing Like Jesus; But He Talks Like A Gentleman

The Morning After.

“Oh no.”

Jack heard a delicate voice next to him mumble the two words, waking him from a long slumber. He slowly opened his eyes to see a blinding light coming from the window to his right. He closed them immediately. Feeling the person next to him moving around on the bed, he decided to chance opening them again. This time, he was met by the tear streaked face of Chase Gaskarth staring back at him.

He shot up in the bed, wondering what the hell was going on.
“Uh, so we…?” he asked slowly, not knowing what else to say.
“Yeah.” the girl mumbled.
“Oh.”

The girl stared back incredulously, not knowing how he could possibly be acting so calm in a situation like this.

“Oh? Is that all you have to say?! We’re supposed to hate each other, and here we are in bed together! Naked, no less! I can’t believe this happened. It’s all your fault, too! You were practically pouring drinks down my throat! God, I’m such an idiot. I knew I shouldn’t have even come here.” Chase had been rambling on and on, not even noticing that Jack was starting to chuckle slightly. “Are you laughing at me?” Her eyes narrowed.

“I just don’t understand why you’re freaking out so much. These kind of things happen. It’s not like anyone else will know.” He stood up, making Chase cover her eyes to avoid seeing him in all his glory. “Not like it’s anything you haven’t seen before.” he stated with a cocky smirk.
“Like there’s even anything there worth seeing! Like I even remember seeing it. As if I even wanted to in the first place! You probably forced me into bed with you. I could charge you with rape, you know!” Does she not know how to shut up? She’s lucky her voice is so damn sexy…

“Just calm down, jeeze. As soon as I’m done getting dressed, we can both be on our merry little ways and forget anything ever happened. Don’t worry, your reputation will still be in tact.” He pulled the shirt over his head and started heading towards the locked door.

“You just don’t get it, Barakat.” Chase said solemnly as she sat back down on the bed, trying to get a hold of her thoughts. They were racing so fast that she was getting a migraine. Or she just had a hangover.
Things just weren’t adding up for Jack. He wanted so bad to know what she meant. So he asked, of course.

“What do you mean exactly when you say that I don’t get it? That our families hate each other?”
“No, it’s not that.” Her eyesight began to get blurry. She hadn’t even noticed her forming tears.
“What then?” He actually sounded concerned, which surprised Chase.
“I can’t believe I’m about to say this to you of all people… I was a virgin before last night, Jack.” She seemed to take interest in the pattern on the floor as she tried to look anywhere but at the boy in front of her. There was a long silence before Jack could even bring himself to say anything.
“Oh.”
Chase laughed in spite of her current predicament.
“There you go with that damn word again! How is it possible that you could be so fucking insensitive? Oh that’s right, your last name should’ve given me a hint, huh? I guess my family was right about you people all along - nothing but a bunch of heartless bastards.”

She stormed out of the room before hearing the words Jack really wanted to say.
I’m sorry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: The Morning After by Maureen McGovern.

'Tis very short.
But Kayl wanted me to post A.S.A.P because she was inspired to write.
Sorry again.
Comments & subscriptions are always welcomed.
- Aly.

P.S. - I kinda had a little too much fun with then "Enter" button on this one. But it DID make it seem a bit longer! :)