Status: Finito :)

I Can Keep A Secret

Reassurance

I was surprised to see Leia by our set, even more surprised when Zack lifted her over his shoulder and brought her on stage. I had no idea people knew who she was let alone how she was coming on this tour to interview us. She had changed she looked strong, confident and very sexy when sweating half to death. We finished our set and of course combatted our way through fan girls and their parents. I hoped that Leia would stick around after, but of course she wouldn't she could write a book on how to avoid your ex, everytime I came home to Maryland, I'd call, I'd ask Raine to see if she'd contacted her, but Raine was still a little mad over the whole cheating thing. I felt guilty, but I wasn't the same horny teenager I was four years ago, I had grown up and I decided right then and there that I would make Leia see it.

After we made our way back on to the busses, I had my laminate attached to my pants as I made my way hungrily to the catering line. It seemed to go on forever and I sighed until I saw a girl with wavy brown hair thrown up in a messy bun, standing and talking to some of the screamo guys. I jogged up getting looks from people and tapped her on the shoulder. She flipped around and I was relieved when I knew her yellow-green eyes right away. She seemed taken off guard, but she simply smiled and said hello before turning back to her conversation.

I was shocked when she lifted up her shirt to show them a tattoo I'd never seen before, two doves towards each other on her hip bone. She blushes saying it was her only one for now and the screamo guys simply laughed and rolled up their sleeves showing their favorite tattoos.

"So, how can I help you Mr. Gaskarth?" She said turning to me once the guys had started commenting on how gay girl jeans looked on guys. Leia didn't participate in smack-talking, unless she agreed or had to get something out. Her voice surprised me, rather nonchalant and relaxed, with no anger it in.

"Nothing, I drop by, cut the line, you know the usual," I shrugged playing it cool, she laughed and nodded looking back.

"If you want to make it to the end of the summer, you should get out of that habit," I laughed and nodded pretending to heed her advice. I didn't know if she saw past my charade or not.

"So, what bus are you on?" I asked struggling to keep the conversation going, she looked up at me surprised I was still talking to her, she honestly thought I had just cut two dozen people in the catering line (making the hungry, possibly violent people) so that I could get my food faster.

"Sharing with the Maine," she said shortly flipping her hair back. She wasn't angry she was apathetic, which seemed worse. She had knocked me off my bag, but I was determined, and Alex Gaskarth doesn't back down.

"You know you should drop by our bus, we're having a small get together, " I said, every time I tried to speak to her it was was like breaking the ice all over again, but the word party stroke a chord with her.

"Really?" She asked flipping around, I was overwhelmed by her scent that came rushing in a gust from the forcefulness of her turn around, it was amazing she had been sweating her ass off all day and still managed to smell good. "What time?" She asked. I shrugged.

"You should just come over with me after lunch," I suggested raising my eyebrows. She laughed before taking it under considering it. I noticed people were staring at us and going back to their conversations in whispers. People were talking, I could use this to my advantage.

"I'll think about it," She smiled shyly. We caught up for the past four years we had missed out on each other's lives, she told me she lived in New York now, which is why I could never find her in Baltimore. I told her about the tours we went on and the great people we'd met. I don't know what had changed in Leia, but it was like being eighteen all over again, meeting in that coffee shop.

"Leia, when do you have your day off?" I asked in a brief moment of silence, she shook her head.

"I don't think I have any," she began before turning her attention to the Catering line, today it was sandwiches, Leia ordered a turkey breast sandwich with everything on it except for Mayo and a diet coke. She walked over to a table with Garrett Nickelsen and the band A Rocket To The Moon, they all greeted her with big smiles.

"What everyone has off days," I said sitting on the bench next to her. I'd never been in this situation before. Was she blowing me off? She would only be blowing me off if she didn't have feelings for me anymore, or if she wanted to conceal those feelings.

"I don't know, I didn't even know I was going to be here until yesterday," she said before taking a honking bite of her sandwich. Garrett then turned the conversation away from us and asked Eric Halvorsen how he could breathe while he ate since he was such a mouth breather. Leia almost spit out her Diet Coke laughing so hard.

I suddenly wasn't so hungry anymore, only eating half my sandwich. Leia polished off all her food and I was impressed that she had managed to keep her metabolism going when everyone else her age was gaining fifteen pounds. She said she had to go back to her tent, but that she would definitely be at the party and for now that would be enough. After the last show, everything died down, we all began packing tents up, I wondered around trying to find some clairvoyance.

"Party on the All Time Low bus!" Jack cheered his arm loosely around Raine as Vinny struggled with boxes of left over merch and the tent stowed away on a trolly. I saw Leia and Cameron walking over towards the parking lot, however she ran over to John Oh's side. I felt jealous crawl through my veins and I tightened my fist. She was coming to the party, which was a start and we had history which was an advantage and disadvantage I had with John Oh. I watched the race over to their bus and shook my head, they called me a man-whore because I admit to everything I'd ever done, but John O'Callaghan was a worse breed of man-whore than me. He was the guy you never saw coming. I grit my teeth, I would definitely hurt him if he did anything or tried anything with her.

The party started earlier than expected, people flooded our bus and alcohol poured, there was beer pong outside the bus and a dance party in the bus. I walked outside for fresh air, amazed at how people had gotten drunk so fast. I saw Leia, laughing hard as John Oh tried to teach her how to play beer pong guiding her wrist, she was clearly not sober.

He ran over to the other side and she lost badly only to consume more beer, I made my way over to the table to make sure that he kept her distance. She looked up at me after she finished her last red cup and smiled brightly. Her cheeks were bright with alcohol consumption and she still looked amazing.

"Alex!" she called out raising her arms above her head and coming over to me with a hug, she stumbled and fell into my arms. I caught her and exclaimed loudly. "I'm sleepily," she said in a drunken stupor.

John simply continued his beer pong reign over everyone else. I decided to walk her over to her bus, I led her staggering towards her bus,

"Whoop!" she called out as she accidently dropped from off my shoulder, she was muttering about puppies and bunnies, I couldn't really understand anything she was saying, but it was hilarious none-the-less. I laid her on the couch, pulling a blanket folded up on the shelf and laying it over her. I began to walk away when I heard my name again.

"Alex?" She bolted up in a panic, I laughed and made my way back to her side.

"Yeah Leia?" I asked softly I sat down and she rested her head on my shoulder.

"Alex, you- can you stay with-with me?" She slurred, it was still adorable, I brushed out her hair that had fallen into her face and I nodded. I liked taking care of her, I never did it while we were dating, but it was easier that some of the drunken girls I've encountered.

"Always," I said she smiled and fell into my lap. We sat in silence, me stroking her hair. My mind fed off the possibilities and I couldn't help but think that I could spend the rest of my life, bring her to bed when she had too much to drink, or catering to her abnormally large appetite and meet new strangers everywhere we went.

"Alex?" she asked sleepily, I moaned indicating that I was here, "I ju-just thought you should k-know, that I'm sooooo fucked up and I-I love you." I didn't know if this counted since she wouldn't remember it in the morning and she told me how hammered she was first but as she drifted of to sleep I kissed her lips lightly and whispered to the vacant bus,

"I love you, too" This was just the reassurance I needed to win her back, and this time I wasn't going to fuck it up.
♠ ♠ ♠
The plot thickens :)