Status: Finito :)

I Can Keep A Secret

Moments

I started heading over to the catering tent around 7:50, it wasn't that I was eagerly anticipating the dinner with John, but it was also an excuse to kick it early and excuse myself from packing up the tent. This was only the second day of Warped, but it was coming along nicely if I could say so myself. I said good bye to Cameron and made my way through people, stopping occasionally to take a picture with someone.

Finally, I showed a guy my laminate and he let me past, I walked over to the very, very long catering line which seemed to go on forever, eight 'o clock was prime dinner hour since a lot of bands left early to make it in the morning. I stood awkwardly at the end of the line before striking a conversation with the two guys in front of me about how ridiculous the lines were, it makes me laugh that despite the fact complaining is negatively construed it still is a good conversation starter.

"I should've come before I got hungry," he said, I laughed and nodded as my stomach started growling.

"Exactly!" I said excitedly, pointing to my stomach. I got excited as a few people started coming up behind me, I was officially not at the end of the line. I heard my name being called out and I figure it was John so I would let Brendan (guy in front of me) finish his veteran Warped story about how the catering used to serve terrible, shitty food. I laughed and felt fingers on my shoulder. I turned around to see John Oh smiling strangely.

"Hey!" We both said awkwardly at the same time shifting our eyes. I nodded noting the people staring at us, apparently our hey was louder than we thought it was, or people were leaning in curiously.

"So I thought I was meeting you at your tent?" John asked slightly raising his inflection, I shook my head thoroughly confused.

"Didn't you text me, telling me to meet you here at eight?" I asked looking around, as he confirmed it wasn't him. I decided it could've just been a mistake and sent to a phone a couple of digits off or something.

"I walked over to your tent and Cameron and Andy gave me the father, intentions speech," John dropped in trying to guilt trip me. I rolled my eyes skeptically.

"Poor baby, do you want me to tell their mommies?" I said with sarcasm. He chuckled and nodded realizing I wasn't going to fall for his lines and gimmicks, unless it was a truly hilarious pick-up line.

"Yes please!" He said smiling brightly, "but really, I didn't know they were so protective of you."

"Me either, but I suppose it makes sense, Cameron was really skeptical about coming in the first place. A job is a job no matter where, how long or around who," I said checking my phone, 7;57.

"What do you mean around who," John asked scooping down his neck towards me.

"You know perfectly well around who, Vito told me you all know about me and Alex," I said, patronizingly. John laughed getting caught in the middle of the "bring out vulnerabilities" pick-up line. I smiled and nodded before someone tapped on my shoulder again.

"What about me and you?" Alex asked smiling and looking at John confused.

"Nothing, just how you shattered my heart and how it was weird we both happen to be on Warped Tour this summer," I shrugged, Alex seemed to be hurt by my bringing up the past, but it was his actions. John laughed uncomfortably.

"Oh, so I see you got my text," Alex said, intelligently changing the subject, John and I exchanged looks before laughing slightly and feeling out of it Alex asked, "What?"

"John asked me to dinner and I thought it was him texting me," I explained and Alex nodded his jaw clenching slightly.

"Yeah and so I was going to walk her over her, but Cameron told me that she was already gone,"John continued.

"And now you're here," I said laughing. Alex nodded very uncomfortably, I noticed the tension a couple of minutes later when there was still silence. I didn't realize this because I was busy thinking about what I had to do tomorrow and getting lose in my thoughts.

"Sweet hot dogs tonight!" John called out, due to his height he could see before we could, but I could tell the vague smell of barbeque and the smell that could only belong to hot dogs.

"Do you remember, the bonfire on the beach and you dropped your hot dog into the fire?" Alex asked chuckling to himself. I remembered, it was a strangely cold night we were eighteen years old and we were with both of our friends joined together. I was jealous because four of Alex's ex-girlfriends were there and I was thinking about holding to him more than holding on to the hot dog.

"It was a sad, sad day," I said reminiscing with a false sadness for the fallen barbeque food. Then I blushed remembering what happened next, Alex stole one from Jack, who had cooked about five and was preparing to eat them all at once, and gave me his after determining that his was better quality and I deserved the best.

"It was an amazing night though," Alex stated very blatantly, I looked to John who was texting someone on his phone, I laughed and met Alex's eyes. There was a golden history I couldn't forget.

"Sounds like fun," John said vacantly completely unaware of the situation, we had gotten our food and sat down before Alex realized he had to "be somewhere" not around John, it didn't take a lot of brain skills to realize that Alex and John didn't get along.

"So that was really awkward," I said finishing my hot dog and taking a napkin to wipe off my face.

"You know why right?" John said eating his third or fourth hot dog, I had lost count. I shook my head and he sighed, "obviously, I'm interested in you and so is Alex, male egos clash."

"Well, don't hold anything back," I smiled sarcastically. I knew this would drive John crazy neglecting to address his feelings towards me, but I didn't know how to feel about John. I'd met him a little more than twenty-four hours ago.

"You're impossible to read!" John said throwing his hands up in the air in frustration. I laughed and nodded standing up making sure I had everything I needed. I piled on my trash and stopped before walking away.

"Yeah, well I'll see you on the bus later," I smiled, he groaned and I threw my trash away before feeling my phone vibrate. I pulled it out of pocket and smiled revealing a text message from the same unknown number.

"Still with pretty boy?"

I responded,
"No, leaving now."

I was shocked at how fast he responded,
"Meet me?"

"Where?"

"By the All Time Low bus?" I sent one more text message agreeing and set off to go find Alex. Once I had hiked alone in the dark parking lot, trying to decipher every shadow and noise, suddenly I felt hands on me and I screamed out in a panic.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" asked a laughing Alex. I caught my breath and held my hand over my heart before slapping him.

"I'm a woman walking alone in a seemingly empty parking lot, fuck you!" I laughed realizing how ridiculous I sound when I scream. Alex was still laughing at my expense, I didn't really mind because it was a beautiful night.

"So John? Really?" Alex asked rhetorically, but I decided to answer anyway and justify my actions to him. I didn't have to.

"I can't have dinner with a friend?" I asked leaning against the bus and Alex stepped over me, holding himself up by propping his arms against the bus as well.

"I don't think he wants to be friends with you," Alex said leading on again, the same clench of the jaw and I smiled, I grabbed his hand dangling by my side while the other remained next to my head, to calm him down.

"How did you get my number?" I asked and Alex seemed disarmed.

"I may have stolen it from Raine's phone?" He smiled at me, leaning down to kiss me, "when the bus was empty," he stopped to kiss me again, "Like it is," kiss, "right," kiss, "now."

"Alex, I think we should have at least a conversation so that I don't feel like such hoe
bag," I said following him on to the bus. He kissed my neck ignoring what I was saying.

"Or not, maybe we could just make out and pretend like nothings happening," I said sarcastically, holding my body still before Alex got the picture.

"What do you want to talk about?" Alex asked slightly frustrated I smiled content with a victory.

"I don't know, like how was your day?" I asked walking back and plopping on the bed taking off my shirt.

"It was good, I saw my favorite girl today," He gushed while I blushed, while simultaneously taking off his.

"That's good," I said as Alex laid next to me, looking me straight in the eyes. I blushed and was suddenly encompassed in a lust. I bit my lip as he got really close to my face and whispered,

"It is good, this was a good conversation." His lips on mine as I blushed. I smiled realizing what he was doing. I could've retaliated with a boring story about how my day was, but I wanted this as much as Alex did.

"It was indeed, a very fulfilling conversation," I nodded before letting him kiss me and letting everything fall into place. Afterwards, I had to remind myself that this wasn't a relationship and despite the fact that I could've laid in Alex's arms forever, I had to get up and go back to my bus before people became suspicious. I quickly redressed as Alex lagged behind, complaining about how I should stay. I smiled unlocking the door and walking out just as Raine, Jack and Zack were walking in. This earned me a confused look from all of them.

"Leia? What are you doing here?" Raine asked hugging me lightly, I smiled awkwardly trying to think of an excuse. We were looking at scrapbooks? Playing poker? Everything coming to my mind was total shit.

"We were just talking and reminiscing," Alex saved me coming up adjusting his shirt from the back room. I nodded, confirming this as Raine deciphered my face and realized everything I just hoped she wouldn't out me in front of everyone.

"I think we should have a sleep over!" Raine suggested out of nowhere. "We haven't caught up, in ages!" She looked me down as she said "caught up" and I realized what she meant. I nodded and agreed to be back here before bus check. Zack and Jack didn't believe any of it until Alex distracted them with the proposition of Halo, I mouthed 'thanks' and he winked at me. I really did love him. I walked out of the bus and into the night air. The short trip back to my bus I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

"You have A LOT of explaining to do!!!" How was I supposed to explain to Raine something I fully didn't understand, then I remembered that my best friend could comprehend more than I could and put them into perspective for me. I needed a grasp on what was happening.