Angel in Disguise

Guilty

Skylar felt guilty as she waited on Ville to call. She didn't know if she should tell him about Jason kissing her or not. She sighed, as she ran a hand through her hair and nibbled on her bottom lip. She didn't know what to do about the situation she was now placed in. She didn't want to be mean to Jason, but she honestly didn't want to screw things up with Ville.

She and Jason had a good thing going for them years ago. He treated her good, actually he treated her better than ever, but for some reason none of her friends or family liked him. Maggie even detested him, and she could pretty much get along with anyone. Skylar never understood why anyone didn't like him. Everyone kept saying he was shady, but she never saw that.

She was brought out of her thoughts by the loud ringing of her phone. She licked over her lips and picked it up, knowing when she heard the velvety smooth voice of the Finnish rock star she would feel even more guilty.

"Hey love."

She sighed, "Hi Ville."

He quickly caught up on her attitude, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She frowned.

"Don't tell me nothing, Skylar. Something is bothering you." Ville said.

She sighed, and could feel her eyes watering over. She didn't know why she was so scared to tell Ville about Jason and the kiss. She sucked in a deep breath, and then decided to just come out with it. She couldn't expect to ever have a relationship with him if she kept things from him.

"Jason came over today."

"And?" Ville asked, hoping she would say she kicked him out.

"He said a lot of stuff. . . and then. . ." She groaned, "Ville, he kissed me."

Ville didn't speak for a few minutes. He knew she was probably thinking the worse. He was not angry at her, but angry at Jason. He knew he had a bad feeling about that kid.

"What did he say to you?" He asked.

"He said he moved back, and he was going to fight for me and stuff. . . I told him I had feelings for you." She sighed.

"I knew that kid was trouble." Ville muttered, "You're positive you don't have feelings for him, Sky?"

"I'm positive, Ville." She said, biting on her bottom lip. She hoped she was positive.

She just hoped her feelings for Ville weren't lust. She had chemistry with Jason in the past. He was the only guy she had ever loved, but she had moved on from that. She had moved on from him.

"Then just tell him you don't want anything to do with him. He'll leave you alone."

"Ville, that's a bit harsh." Skylar said, "He's been my friend since I was in grade school."

Ville groaned, "Skylar! He's going to try to wiggle his way back in your life."

"I won't let him."

"But, he'll try!"

"I won't let him."

He sighed, "Fine." He groaned. He didn't like the idea that Jason wasn't going to be leaving her alone anytime soon. He would just have to trust Skylar.

Skylar quickly changed the subject, even though Ville would have preferred to talk more about the topic. He could tell she wasn't happy with the situation she had now been placed in. She seemed to care about Jason. He wasn't sure if it was in a friendship way, or more. He was just praying that she wasn't toying with his heart.

Ville had to end his phone conversation because they were now in a new town, getting ready to put on a show. He didn't know how he was suppose to put on a show with the current worry. He sighed as he headed off the bus, hoping he didn't disappoint his fans.

Skylar pulled the covers up over her legs and closed her eyes as she leaned back on the couch. She could tell Ville wasn't happy with how their conversation had went. She could tell that he wanted her to just stop talking to Jason all together, but that was something she could not do.

She knew she couldn't just hurt Jason by pushing him away. The one thing he asked her not to do. But she also didn't want to let him drag himself through the troubles of trying to win her heart, when she was absolutely positive that she wanted to try things with Ville first.

After nearly an hour of trying to think of different options, she decided that she just needed to be frank and tell Jason he didn't have a chance. They could be friends but that was it.

She picked up the phone, and dialed Jason's number, which he had gave to her on one of his visits. She waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Jason?"

"Skylar." He said in the happiest voice ever.

"Hey. Uhm. You want to have dinner or something and talk, maybe tomorrow night?" She asked, wanting to get this over with as quickly as possible.

"Dinner tomorrow night sounds good. I'll pick you up around seven, doll."

"Okay, Jas. Bye!"

She sighed. That was a lot easier than she would have thought it to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image