Angel in Disguise

Nervous

Skylar had been hung up with Bam for about ten minutes. She was chewing nervously on her bottom lip as she paced back and forth on her floor. She was positive that she had worn a hole in her rug. She didn't know why she was so nervous. She had already met Ville. Hell, she had even placed a kiss on his lips, thinking she would never have the opportunity to be that close to him again.

She didn't have time to register her thoughts as the phone began ringing off the hook. She stopped breathing as she glanced down at the numbers on the phone. It wasn't something she recognized. She breathed in deeply, as she picked it up and starred at the red button which would link her to the voice on the other end. Could she do this? Could she pick it up? She breathed in deeply, and then exhaled as she pressed the red button and pushed the phone against her ear.

"Hello?" She said in the softest voice ever.

"Skylar?" A familiar Finnish voice asked.

She couldn't help but to let a small smile curve into her lips, "Ville." She said.

He sighed with relief upon hearing the angel's voice, "How are you?"

"I'm good, and how are you?"

"I'm great. I've uh. . . been looking for you."

"I noticed." She giggled, "Tell me Mr. Valo. . ." She said, somehow gaining confidence with every word she spoke, "Why were you looking for me?"

"Because. . .uhm, I. . ." He was getting tongue tied.

She bit down on her bottom lip as he tried to gather his words to talk. She thought it was cute how he was stumbling. She ran her hand through her hair as she waited for him to complete a sentence.

"Do I really need to answer that?" He finally managed to ask, nervously.

She giggled, "I guess not."

"I've been. . . I'm going to sound like a fucking stalker." He laughed.

"I won't judge you, promise."

"I've been thinking about you a lot." He admitted.

She laughed, "I would hope so, Ville. You made an announcement on Radio Bam, and on your website."

"Did you hear the announcement?"

"Yeah. I heard it the first night actually. I always listen to Radio Bam." She admitted.

His mouth dropped slightly, and he stroked his chin in wonder. If she always listened to radio Bam then that meant she probably knew who he was. Not only had he made several guest appearances, but Bam played his music from time to time.

"You're a fan of Bam?"

"I guess I am in a way." She answered, "More a fan of the music he plays though." She hinted.

He chuckled, "Are you dropping a hint?" He asked.

"Of course." She giggled.

"You knew who I was." He noted.

"How could I not?" She asked.

"Why didn't you say anything in Finland?"

"Because I just assumed you didn't want some fan questioning you about things."

He licked over his lips, learning something new about her. Something that he never would have thought before. He just assumed that she didn't know anything about him. It didn't change the way he felt about her. He honestly didn't think anything could change the way he felt about her. He was becoming a believer in love at first sight. Sure, his feelings probably weren't really love right now, but it was enough to keep him wanting to know her, and possibly turn into love.

He laughed, "I didn't think you knew anything about me. I really thought it'd be impossible to find you."

"I really want to know why you were looking for me, Ville."

He sighed, "I think it's pretty obvious. You. . . you just really caught my interest."

She smiled, and held back a squeal. This was not real. How did a common girl like her catch his attention? She sighed, and then she and Ville moved into a different conversation. It wasn't awkward, and they began chatting like they had the night in the bar. She told him about her new job, and he told her about his up and coming US tour.

She yawned, "Speaking of your tour. I have tickets to see you when you come to New York."

"Is that so? I think you'll have backstage passes."

She laughed, "Do I get some special treatment?"

"You do." He laughed, and then frowned, knowing it was late in America. "You should head to bed. Do you work?"

She glanced over at the clock and noticed she only had four hours until she went in to work. She and Ville had basically talked all night. Even though she was insanely tired, she didn't know if she wanted to go to sleep or not.

"I have to be there in four hours."

"Fuck, you're kidding." He groaned, "I am so sorry, love. I've kept you up all night."

"I enjoyed it. Don't apologize." She yawned.

He chuckled softly, "Get to bed right now. May I call you again tomorrow?" He asked, "I promise I won't keep you up all night."

She giggled, "You can phone me anytime, Ville."

She hung up the phone with him and nearly collapsed back on the sofa. She really wouldn't mind spending all of her nights talking to Ville on the phone. If she could function without sleep, then that would be exactly what she would do.

As she laid down and closed her eyes she began to think about the different situations that could come from this. She and Ville could become very close, and actually fall for each other. But how would that work with their lives? She worked at a hospital in New York, and he lived across the world, and when he was in the states, he was normally traveling city to city.

Had she got herself into something that would only led to heart break?
♠ ♠ ♠
Image