Status: Complete

You Belong With Me...I Think

Chapter Thirteen

Image

I put my journal and pen in my back pocket and shoved my hands into my jeans.

Aunt Alice’s house was on a small dead end street that connected to a main road. On the other side of the road was the church and the park. And down the street was a small town area. From what I saw when I first drove down the street there wasn’t much. A small restaurant, a video store, a small boutique and a post office. There was a small fountain in the middle of the four stores and a couple benches. It was a small town. It was a one or two hours outside London. There was a big sign when you entered the down with North Wingfield in big bold letters.

I walked along the street until I hit the main road. I looked both ways and crossed the road. I walked past the church and into the park area.

It looked peaceful. Other than the screaming kids on the playground a couple feet away.

There was large play ground in the center of the park. A couple benches here and there. There was a sign that pointed off into the trees that read ‘nature trails’.

I decided it would be easier to think without the screaming kids in my head.

I head toward the nature trails. Trying not to step in the huge puddles of water.

I walk for a couple of minutes until I hit a narrow path. Luckily it was a pavement path instead of muddy grass. The path was shaded by the many trees on either side. With a couple of bushes that looked dangerous. The trail seems to go on forever with no end. But I had nothing but time to spare. When Aunt Alice shopped she shopped forever. Getting distracted by everything.

I looked down at my feet and started walking.

Will Austin go back to Megan after I’ve left?

Gosh that would hurt.

Maybe he won’t.

He said he wouldn’t forget me either.

What if-

"On your left!" A deep voice yelled in a accent.

I spun around and yelped.

There was a boy coming straight at me on his skateboard.

I stepped off the pavement to get out of the way but my foot caught on a loose tree vine coming out of the ground.

I yelped again as I fell backwards into the bush.

Wince

A prickle bush.

"Oh bloody hell." The voice said.

I heard the boy stop his board and get off it. His foot steps getting closer.

"I’m so sorry." He said bending down and grabbing my hands to pull me up.

I got off and brushed myself off. Trying to get all the prickles off my sweater and jeans.

"Let me help you." The boy said starting to pick off the prickles off my arm.

I looked up and gasped quietly.

I was looking into the prettiest green eyes imaginable. They were a perfect emerald color.

I tore my gaze to look at the rest of him.

He had on jeans and a white T-shirt. With a black leather jacket over top that smelled like fish. He had light brown hair that was totally cute

"I think I got them all." He said smiling down at me.

"Thanks." I said.

"I’m Thomas."

I blushed. "I’m Miranda."

"Nice to meet you. And sorry again for pushing you in a bush." He said.

"It’s okay. It wasn’t on purpose I hope." I said.

"Oh yeah. Defiantly. When I’m bored I go around and shove beautiful girls into bushes." He said sarcastically pulling a leaf out of my hair.

"You seem like that kind of guy."

"Do I now? Well how can I show you different?" He asked.

"You can take me to lunch." I replied.

"You got it." He said.

Wow…I’ve never been so forward before. But he is a cutie. He might be the cutest guy ever. Way cuter than Austin.

Oh gosh…what about Austin? I am I cheating on him?

Not really I mean I’m just going to lunch with him right?

"I think you should change before I take you out." Thomas said looking down at my jeans.

I followed his gaze and saw a big streak o mud all the way down.

"Oh that’s attractive." I said and laughed.

Thomas laughed. "Do you live far from here?" He asked.

"No, just across the street from the church."

"Where are you from? You have an American accent."

"Oh, I’m living with my Aunt Alice for a while. But I’m from California." I said.

"Oh your Alice’s niece?" I nodded. "I live on the other side of the road."

"Really? Thats cool."

"Let me walk you back. It’s the least I can do for pushing you in a bush."

I laughed.

"Do you want a ride." He asked eyeing his skateboard.

"How does that work. It’s only made for one person."

"This is a longer board. And there are no rules against two people on at once. And it’ll be faster."

"Are you sure?" I asked looking uneasy.

"Totally, I’ve done it loads of times."

"Okay, I trust you."

"Good, hop on." He says.

I step both feet on to the front part of the board. The board jerks a bit when Thomas gets on.

"Ready?" He asks.

I nodded hesitantly.

He laughs at my face but pushes off anyway.

I try my hardest not to break down and scream as Thomas starts to pick up the speed. When he went around one of the corners of the trail I almost fell off. Until Thomas grabbed my waist and pulled me back.

"Hang on now." He said.

I tried to steady my breath. Not just by how scared I was but that Thomas still hadn’t removed his hand from my waist.

We zoomed through the park and hit the main road’s sidewalk. Thomas stopped the skateboard for a second at the cross walk then pushes off again.

Thomas skidded to a stop at the end of my aunt’s driveway and he jumped off. It took a second for me to realize we stopped.

I stepped off the board and turned to Thomas. "Thanks."

He was about to respond before Aunt Alice burst open the front door of her house. "Where in the world have you been!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot woot! Exciting? No? Yes? Maybe? Whatever?

I love writing this because i just went to England with my family and stayed with my own Aunt in north Wingfield. I was trying to write according to what i saw in real life. The house i described as Aunt Alice's was sort of like my Aunt's. But with more bedrooms. And she lives at a dead end street with a church near.

Adding a new character to the Character List!!

Comment and Subscribe Please!