Status: somewhat active. Quizilla Rewrite.

The One That Moves Me

Meet The Gang

"Yeah, Kels. Its like every time the weekend ends I can't wait to see him again. Awesome,mhhmm. Of course I don't forget you! I'm calling aren't I?! Calm down! Don't use swear words with me! Fine." I slammed my house phone down. Kelsey had been acting really weird these past few weeks. Whatever. It would've been nice to spend a shopping day with her but now since she just cussed me out, I had nothing to do. I thought of going into the baby animal boutique I worked for. It sort of got on my nerves sometimes though. We sell exotic animals that aren’t allowed in California to people who have the cash to skip out on that law. But LJ said he’d see about letting me have one of the animals.

I would’ve most likely spent the day with my mom, but she was going later with the day with her boyfriend, and I was not about to tag along with her and Francisco.
I jogged down the stairs to get some of whatever my mom was cooking when I came out the shower, but Joe wasn't what I had planned on seeing.

"There she is right there!" My mom was wearing a big cheesy smile, "We were just talking about you Chiquita."

She used the nickname that Francisco, her boyfriend, used. He told me it was more convenient. To call me a chicken, or so the word sounded like,so it’s more convenient. What a butthole. But as soon as he began to use it my mom said' Ohh isn't the way he says it pretty? Chiquita. Muy bonita.' Puhhleaasee.

"Yeah! She told me that you refused to keep your clothes on till you were six." Joe laughed, my mom joining. Yeah, my mom was cool, but this wasn't one of her moments where I'd like to claim that. I already told her that what I did as a kid was off limits! Those were rough times and I was so lost in the world!

I looked at the two of them smiling at each other. She probably would tell him anything; she was putty in his hands. How wrong.

"Yeah" I played like it was cool," I claimed they were against my religion." I went to the microwave where, sure enough, my mom stored me a plate of the enchiladas she'd just made. One thing I could appreciate about this relationship with Ricky was her diversity in food. Her father was 3/4 hispanic(my father was half), but before it wasn't a big part of her life. I was into learning more about different cultures before her, but it’s like Ricky awakened her inner latina or something. I wasn’t about to say that was bad, it was actually nice to see her dancing around the living room and such.

"You want some?" I asked Joe, sitting next to him at the island.

"Nahh. Julie already fixed me a plate." He said and, despite declining my offer, took a bite out of my enchilada as I stared from him to my mom. He was on first name status?!

Oh wait, Duh! He's Joe Jonas. My mom loves him more than that ugly chihuahua and Ricky together. She’s such a cougar.

"I see." I muttered, snatching my fork back from him.

"I'm here Mi Corazon." Ricky called, entering our house. Like a little flipping family reunion. Not.

"Hey Honey." She kissed his cheek. It's not that I disliked Francisco, he was just replacing my dad. And even if my dad had left us a few years ago, I loved him. And I felt Ricky was trying to fill his void, which I wasn't going to stand for that easily.

"Ummm. Me and Joe are gonna head out. Love you ,Mom." I practically threw my plate into the sink, grab my phone and my purse on my way out the door, Joe following my hasty escape.

"You okay?" He asked as I sat, waiting for him to start the car. I was staring out of the front window, trying to wash away past memories.

"Fine. Where are we going?" I changed the subject, looking at him.

"You okay?" He asked as I sat, waiting for him to start the car. I was staring out of the front window, trying to wash away past memories.

"Fine. Where are we going?" I changed the subject.

"Well, I came to see if you wanted to come to a little cookout my family's having today."

"Umm. What kind of company?" I asked nervously.

"Just family mostly. And the band. And you." He smiled, which caused my bad thoughts to shift and me to smile back.

"Of course I'd like to go."

"Yeah. It’s nothing special. Just some food and fun. We'll probably battle it out in Guitar Hero, too."

"No, it sounds like fun. Family time. I just don't wanna be the odd ball." I shifted in my seat. It wasn't usually me to be nervous, but I was gonna meet his parents!

"Course not. I can guarantee they'll love you."

________ ________ _________

"Oh God Joe, you brought her." Nick had opened the door to the house.

I truly had no idea why Nick couldn't stand me, but I refused to give. Maybe another day I'd opt to ask him.

"Hello to you too, Nick." I smiled as we walked in the front room.

"Where's mom and Dad?" Joe asked while telling me to slip my shoes of by the door. The plush carpet comforted my feet. “Cool socks” He winked. I laughed, looking down at my purple Sponge Bob socks.

"Out back." He muttered, going upstairs but not before scoffing at my socks. Jerk.

"This way" He grabbed my hand and guided me through the nice house and into the back yard, which was a size bigger than my own.

"Mommy I'm back." He said as we approached theDenise Jonas. If I had seen Denise Jonas in Stater Brothers or something instead of this formal introduction taking place, I would have begged for an autograph.

"Hey, Baby" She kissed his cheek once we got close enough. "This must be Jasey, right?" She smiled warmly at me.

"Yeah," He said excitedly for some reason. "Jasey this is my mom, Mom this is Jasey."

"It's great to meet you, Mrs.Jonas. And thank you for letting me join you guys." I said smiling and staying as calm as I could.

"No problem, Honey. These boys have been telling me a lot about you, of course Joe being the most talkative." We laughed.

"Okay, Mom.” He interrupted, grabbing my shoulders, “We're going to head inside." Joe said waving," I'm gonna introduce her to the band."

"Oh God," I mumbled, closing my eyes as he lead us back inside.

"Sup guys?" We entered a game room up on a third floor.

"Joe!" They all cheered seeing him. It looked to me as if they were wrestling.

"Guys, this is Jasey."

"Yeah Nick was telling us that she was a total -" Garbo began, but was quickly silenced by Kevin's hand.

"Well Nick needs to arrange that pole in his butt because its making hima total-" And Iwas silenced by Joe's hand. It's okay though, I don't mind; I wasn’t about to say something very nice anyway.

"Challenge!" They guys began to whoop and chant.

"Please." Nick scoffed, "I don't wanna hurt her."

Her?! Her who?! He couldn’t be referring to me. Obviously he didn’t know the great Jasey Kale, ass kicking extraordinaire.

"Oh I'm game." I said with a smirk, slipping of my jewelry and putting my hair into a messy bun; time to put Jonas in his place.

______ _______ ______

"Nick..hmmm. What the word I'm looking for-Oh! Poned" Joe shouted and began to laugh hysterically along with everyone else.

I was now pinning Nick to the ground for the 2nd time. He'd gotten me once out of our three tries.

"Arghh. Get off." He pushed me over with huge force and stood up. I rolled twice, laughing at his poor sportmanship.

“No hard feelings, Nicky?” I asked, batting my lashes.

“Bug off,” He muttered, going to sit on the couch.

"Aww, Nick, Don't be like that." Garbo teased. Nick whipped a pillow at his head and went down the stairs, leaving us to laugh at him freely.

"So how long are you staying?" They turned their attention on me.

"Umm. I really don't know. Ask Joe." I shrugged. From the smiles they sent me, I began to think this wasn’t so bad. I just kicked Nick Jonas’ but and he hates me, but everyone else likes me. I’m totally fine with that!

"Forever." He smiled, making me blush.

"Does she have something to swim in?"

"Oh yeah, huh? Here, Jasey let's run to grab you something." He pulled me up and we jogged down the stairs with him.

"Swimming?!" I asked excitedly. Water was my best friend; besides my shadow. I’ve named it Shadow; cute right?

"I know!" He returned my excitement," We have these cool little electric water boat things you can ride in the pool."

"Swear?!"

"Swear."

______ _______ ______

"Food’s ready!" Denise called as we were pushing and throwing each into the pool and laughing. As soon as we heard food though, we swarmed the barbecue area, plates in hand.

"Please don't grab with you hands guys. Use the utensils" She begged the boys. I laughed, seeing Joe’s hand stop mid swipe for a rib.

I gathered my plate of ribs, a hotdog, potato salad, and a corn cob before I sat on the concrete by the pool, one foot swaying in the water.

"Here ya go." Joe sat next to me and handed me a 7Up.

"Thanks." I smiled and dug into the ribs which were beyond great.

"Isn't that a lot of food? For you, I mean.'' Joe asked, nodding to my manly stack of food. I looked at his plate which was twice the size of mine.

"I should be asking you the same thing." I laughed. We continued to eat, laughing at each other's remarks and flicking barbecue sauce.

"You got some on your nose." I laughed.

"Well you have some on you cheek" He retorted, trying to get the sauce of.

"Where?" I whined when I couldn't find it.

"Oh I'll get it, you big baby." He smirked and I stuck out my tongue.

He grabbed the napkin and leaned over closely to me, his face closer than need be. I felt the cloth softly rub my nose, noticing I wasn’t breathing.

"There,'' he finished not backing up, but instead, staring at my face.

"What is it?" I asked softly.

"N-nothing" He stammered, leaning back away," Lets go through our trash away."