Anise

ceithir deug

Cameron stayed in her bed at Fraiser for two days without Drustan coming to see her. Upon their return, they had a quick meal with Alexander and then she had gone up to bed early.

Since then, Cameron hadn't gotten out of bed except to use the garder robe and even then she had made it quick as to avoid Drustan. She felt horrible for promising to try to love him because the truth was when she made the promise she had no intention of upholding it because she figured she would be going home. Now she just wanted to avoid him because she knew he'd push their relationship and hold her to her promise.

She rolled over when there was a soft knock on the door. ''Come in,'' She called.

The door opened and her make-shift maid came in carrying a plate, ''I brought you food, mi'lady.''

''I told you to call me Cameron.'' She said as she sat up, letting the blanket fall to her waist.

''Sorry Mi-- Cameron.'' the woman corrected quietly. ''Its potato hash and pork.'' the maids name was Imogen and she was a very meek women. She was probably about 30 years old and was pretty plain with dull blonde hair, brown eyes, and a tanned complextion. As far as Cameron could tell Imogen was one of those medieval types whose life revolved around the family she worked for. Though the woman seemed to be one of the most caring and kind hearted people in the world and fun to talk to. ''Laird MacLean wishes for me sit with you and can keep you company.'' she paused before adding. ''I think he's worried about you. He asks constantly after you. Why must you stay in bed?''

''I'm just trying to get sometime away from Drustan before I'm with him forever,'' Cameron admitted.

''Why would you wish for time apart from him? He is a kind and gentle man,'' she paused with a blush before continuing to add, ''and he is very nice on the eyes. A man any woman of age would fawn over.''

Cameron frowned, ''Its not that... I just... I cant think when he's around and I really need time to think.''

''I hope you are finished with your thoughts soon. He's as antsy as a school boy where your concerned.'' She stated, “Besides, tis unhealthy of a young woman of your age to stay in bed for so long without illness.”

She sighed, ''I'll get out of bed today.''

''Oh good, then I'll start drawing a bath. Now hurry and eat so that your decent before midday.''

Cameron did as she was told and ate quickly as her bath was drawn. When she stood from bed, Imogen hurried to shuffle her towards the tub, tugging at the strings of her nightdress. “You wash up and I will gather up your dress for the day.”

She nodded and stepped into the tub, sinking in and sighing at the feel of the water lapping at her body. She dallied a bit as she washed her body and dunked her head under the flower scented water. When Imogen returned Cameron got out of the bath and dried off quickly before pulling on the dress and letting Imogen lace the backings.

When she finished, Cameron went to the vanity and combed her hair quickly before securing it back away from her face with a ribbon. She didn't bother with anything else because Imogen was behind her trying to hurry her along. “Midday meal will be served soon. You need to hurry.”

With a sigh she nodded and went towards the door. “Thank you, Imogen.”

The woman just smiled at her kindly as she went about tidying the room. Cameron walked quietly through the halls to the castle. It was a lot like Drustan's castle; it was large with an abundance of rooms that couldn't possibly all be used at once. It had multiple levels and the rooms she'd seen had been decorated like hers. With rugs, furs, and vivid color fabrics.

She descended the stairs quickly and turned to the left at the bottom, heading towards the dinning room where she heard loud male laughter.

She paused at the doors when she heard Alexander's boisterous laugh again before he said, “Ya are still moody, my friend.”

“I am nay moody,” she heard Drustan reply.

“Aye, ya are. Why do ye nay just go up and speak with her. Mayhap she is just waiting for ye to speak to her.”

Cameron continued to stand in the doorway, listening. They were talking about her and she knew it, though she really wanted to know what else they would say about her.

“Nay, she needs time alone. She is mourning the loss of her family and home. When she wishes ta see me she shall seek me out.”

Her heart clenched at those words, shocked that he would be so thoughtful of what she wanted. Straitening a little she pushed the door the rest of the way open and entered. When Drustan was her his eyes lite-up in happiness. “Lass, I am please ya could join us.”

“I was getting bored,” she lied before taking the seat next to Drustan.

“So yer nay gonna hide in yer bed any longer?” Alexander asked with a laugh.

“I wasn't hiding.”

He just laughed again and took a drink of whatever he was drinking, “Drustan and I were just discussing ye. I am sorry that Alastrina could nay help ye.”

Cameron just frowned setting her hands on the table to try to keep herself from fidgeting, “It's alright. No one promised me that I'd be able to go back home. I guess... I'm just going to have to adjust.”

Drustan's hand moved across the table and grabbed one of hers, squeezing it reassuringly. “Ya can do it lass. I know ya can. We will be leavin' here in the morn' lass. Gather yer things tonight so in the mornin' ya nay have ta worry about it.”

“Alright, I'll do it after lunch.” She said, pulling her hand from his when one of the maids came out carrying a several plates of breads, meats, and cheeses.

“Nay, I wished ta go for a walk with ya in the garden after we eat . I wished to speak with ya.”

She nodded in acknowledgment, not wanting to say anything. She wondered what he wanted to talk with her about but she kinda already figured it had to do with their relationship.

The rest of the meal was eaten in silence. Cameron finished her plate before standing up, “I'll meet you in the garden, Drustan.” She said softly as she walked out of the room. She walked through the great hall and out the small door that lead to the back of the castle where the gardens were kept. It wasn't much of a garden. It was closed off from the rest of the castle by a large wall that was covered in vines. There were several trees, flower beds, and a bench but otherwise it was a very small garden.

She sighed deeply as she thought what she would say to him. She could probably just tell him she wasn't interested, though he'd probably call her out on her lie. She could tell him that she lied about her promise. Or that she wanted more time. Though she wasn't sure what his reactions would be to the last two options.

“Cameron?” Drustan asked from behind her, his hand settling on her waist gently.

She turned around quickly, startled. “What did you want to talk about Drustan.”

“Were ya ill these last two days or did ya just need time?” He asked, concerned.

“I needed time,” she told him. “And... I honestly don't think it was enough” Cameron decided she might as well get this off her chest now, rather than latter. Telling him the truth now might help her out in the long run.

He frowned, “Fer what?”

“To accept this,” she admitted.

“What is there ta accept, lass? I will treat ya right. I will nay disappoint ya, I promise.”

Cameron just shook her head and took a step back from him. “I'm not use to this, Drustan. All of this is so overwhelming. I'm not use to a man pursuing me like this. I'm not use to having my emotions so conflicted and I'm definitely not use to living in the 15th century. I'm use to electricity and working plumbing. Of cars and skyscrapers and pollution. This is all so much to adjust to at once.”

“We've gone over this, lass. Ye will adjust but ya have ta give it time. I am nay askin' ya to adjust right away.”

She growled in frustration. “Do you expect me to just forgot my life before coming here. My friends and family. Everything I know and love and was use to I have to forget because I'm stuck here.”

“Nay forget. Just accept another type of life.” Drustan said softly as he stepped forward and set a hand to her cheek. “I do nay wish for you ta be unhappy while I court ya.”

“Court me?”

“Maybe ya are more familiar with the term woo? I wish ta marry ya lass and if I have to woo ya I will.” He told her.

“Marry me?” she asked softly. Her voice was breathless as she looked up with him with wide eyes. “Why would you want to do that?” She really didn't care why, all she wanted to hear was something other than I love ya, lass come out of his mouth.

“Ya are perfect lass. I am happy when ya are around and I donnae wish ta lose ya.” He stated. “Yer beautiful, intelligent, an' passionate. Everything I wish ta have in my woman.”

“How do you know for sure? How do you know you won't regret everything six months from now and want to get rid of me?” she asked before wrapping her arms around herself.

“Lass, lass, lass.” His voice was teasing as he pulled her to him, her body was pressed against intimately. Her arms pinned between their chests. “No one is nay sure of any outcome but I know that I willnae regret taking you as my wife. I willnae regret making love ta ya an' I will nay regret getting you with my bairn. I care for ya verra deeply lass.” As those words came out of his mouth his voice became huskier, more arousing.

“You've already thought about it that much?” she whispered softly. She couldn't believe it, there was no possible way he was already thinking of having kids with her but even though she was confused she couldn't help but wish he'd seal those words with a kiss. Just like that day in the study her first day with him. A hot and passionate kiss, one that wasn't restricted by fears and concerns.

“Aye,” he growled as he leaned down. “I think aboot it every wakin' moment. I cannae stop thinking aboot how it would feel to take ya. I think of ya beneath me cryin' out me name as ya peak. Of taking ya in every position I know, until yer sated and cannae move from our bed.” Now his lips hovered over hers, her eyes locked with his. She could feel her heart pounding in her chest, her breath becoming more labored, and herself getting wet. “I want to kiss ya, lass.”

“Yes,” she murmured, not really realizing that he wasn't asking a yes or no question.

When his lips seized hers she let her eyes drift closed and her arms twine around his neck.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm kinda proud of myself for updating again within a week of the last update. I'm hoping I can push the plotline of this story along a little bit faster without it seeming rushed. Its just that I don't want it to be to sluggish and bore everyone. Oh, and to answer a question sent to me by a reader. The reason Cam is so attracted to my dearest Drustan even though she doesn't want to be is due to pure animal magnetism. I won't go into it any farther than that. Though, in the next few chapters her feelings will be revealed more on the subject as Drustan and her become closer. Thank you all for reading. :] Hopefully, I can write enough to update again in a week. Won't that be exciting?
x.
Tatiana