Anise

ceithir.

Castle Duart
May 1408


Camaron woke feeling like she was being smothered by a brick house. At first she thought that maybe she'd fallen off her bed and knocked over her light stand with the junk on it, until she remembered that Dorthy wasn't in Kansas anymore.

She was in the Highlands, 600 years in the past.

Camaron would have sit up, except the thing pinning her down wouldn't budge; she twisted enough so she could look over her shoulder and see that Drustan was spooned up behind her, his body a cocoon around hers while he slept.

Growling under her breath she tried to get away but she couldn't. She needed to use the bathroom and she refused to wait for him to wake up to use it.

“Get up,” she told him, shaking herself against him. “Drustan, wake up.”

“Go ta sleep, my love. Its nae time ta wake yet.” he grumbled as he pulled her closer and buried his face in her face.

“Wake up Drustan or so help me god when I get up you won't like what I do,” she growled as she pushed against him more.

Drustan pulled away from her and cracked his eyes open, before letting her go and rolling over. Obviously planning on going to sleep. “Where's your bathroom?”

“My what?”

“Your bathroom. The thing you do your business in?” She supplied.

“My study is down ta hall, why would ye want to go there?” He asked, confused as he rubbed his jaw, feeling how long the stubble had grown over night.

Camaron flushed, realizing that she would have to actually tell him. “I have to... err... relieve myself.” She told him.

He immediately got out of bed, wrapping the blankets around his lean hips before he headed to the door. Camaron followed him out the door and down the hall two doors to a very plain looking door. “That is the garderobe, lassie.”

Opening the door slowly, she looked inside to see a stone bench that was attached to the wall with a hole in it. “That's it?” When he nodded and walked away she groaned, “Oh god, life sucks.”

She was in and out of the room as fast as she could, and back in Drustan's bedroom as he rummaged through a chest his backside to her. She observed him, her head tilted slightly to as she watched the muscles work before he stood up and wrapped a plaid around his hips before turning and seeing her.

He smirked and asked in a low voice, “Do ye like what ye see, lassie?”

Camaron licked her lips which seemed unusually dry before stammering, “Uh... I... Crap.”

“Nay need to curse, I know I please the lassies.” He leaned back down and pulled out a bunch of fabric before tossing it at her. “Ye can wear this.”

She caught it and let the fabric unravel to see that it was a dress. The dress was red and black with a white undergown with a built in corset, the dress was beautiful. “Its beautiful.”

“It belonged to Anise,” he told her simply. “Now put it on.”

“With you here?” she asked, “I don't think so buddy.”

“Ye will need someone to do the lacing in the back.”

“Yeah but you can leave while I put it on! You don't have to be in the room when I'm naked.” she told him. “Please leave while I change.”

Drustan's eyes did a quick once over of her body before walked past her slowly and left the room. Camaron closed the door and stripped out of her clothes as fast as she could, she only kept on her panties as she stepped into the dress and pulled it up where it needed to be, slipping her arms into the sleeves.

“You can come back in Drustan,” she called loudly knowing that he hadn't gone far from the door.

When it opened and he entered, he closed the door behind him. His hands gentle as he grabbed her arm and led her to the bed. “Hold onto the posts,” he ordered her.

“What are you doing?” She asked in confusion.

“I am lacing it tight an' if you donnae hold onta something ye will be off balance.” He told her plainly. He watched as she did as she was told and he looked down at her exposed back.

He ran his hand over the smooth skin and frowned, “Ye are nay my Anise.”

“I've established this already. Aren't you going to lace me up?” She asked, annoyed that he was back on the subject of her being Anise. Once she was dressed she'd show him the book. Hopefully he could read English as well as he spoke it otherwise they would have problems.

“My Anise had scars on her back.” He stated as he grabbed the laces and tugged them sharply, causing Camaron to gasp and release the breath she was holding. She'd worn a corset before so she knew to take a deep breath and hold it so the corset could do its job except with him yanking her around it was hard. She took another deep breath and held it as he laced the dress, tugging the lacing tight ever so often until he finished and stepped away from her.

Camaron turned to face him, a look of longing came to his eyes before he turned them away. “Yer beautiful,” he told her, his voice soft.

She smiled before saying, “Thank you but I want to know where my book is. I wanted to show you what brought me here and tell you how it happened so that way you'll believe me when I say I'm not Anise...and so I can find my way back home.”

“I know ye are nay Anise.” His words were plain, as if he was bored. “But I will hear ye story.”