Status: Active. Comments make me love you. :D

What's It Like to Die Alone?

What's It Like To Die Alone? Chapter 10.

I was sat in the flower gardens, Indian style, humming to myself. It was a surprisingly sunny day for early December, but was bitterly cold. I was wrapped up in several layers and had a scarf around the bottom half of my face; a beanie on my head. The majority of the flowers were dead now, but it was calm, so still beautiful.
I plucked one of the remaining flowers from the soil and twirled it around between my fingers, pulling off one petal at a time.
My eyes were suddenly covered by something cold. I smiled and removed the fingers covering them. “Hey, B.”
“Damn you got me.”
I turned around and he smiled at me. He held out his hand and I took it, standing up. He pressed his lips to mine once.
“Hey Freya.”
“What’s up B?”
“Nothing much, I’m completely off the heroin now. Well, just about, I’m taking a supplement, so nearly.”
“That’s so awesome!” I chimed. “Your getting ahead of me here.”
He laughed. “Not quite. I’ve still got at least 2 months left here.”
“Oh.” I said, my smile disappearing. “I’ve already been set a release date.”
“When is it?”
“In twenty two days.”
“So… 28th December. Wow.” he frowned. “At least you’re here for Christmas.”
I hugged him tightly. He nuzzled his face into my neck and kissed it.
“I’ll visit.”
“Alright. Yeah, okay.”
I breathed in and out deeply through my mouth, watching my warm breath drift off into the cool clouds.
“What song were you singing before?”
“Imogen Heap. Not sure which one.”
“Oh, yeah.” he nodded and let go of me. “You want to go sit by the fire? It’s so damn cold outside.”
“It’s not that cold.”
“I’m freezing my balls off here.”
I laughed. “Okay, too much information. Let’s go sit inside before you lose your manhood.”
He held my hand and we walked back into the main building. I took off my scarf and hat and unzipped my hoodie. Heroin unzipped his hoodie too. A new guy, a sex addict called Leon, had taken a shining to me recently and Heroin had noticed. He wasn’t happy about this one bit and his grip on my hand tightened as Leon winked at me. I smiled back politely and took off my hoodie completely. Leon wolf-whistled and shouted: “Strip, strip, strip!”
I laughed but stopped abruptly as Heroin let go of my hand and headed in Leon’s direction.
“B, c’mon, it was all in jest.”
“But he shouldn’t treat you like that, it’s degrading.”
“Just ignore him.”
“At least let me talk to him, tell him to back off or something.”
I sighed, knowing he wouldn’t settle. “Okay. I’ll be in my room getting changed.”
He kissed my cheek and I walked to my room. I put the key in the slot and turned it, unlocking the door. I went in and took off all my warm clothes, then put on a denim mini skirt, black leggings and a pale blue v-neck sweater with a string of fake pearls. I hung all of my cold clothes over the heater and collapsed onto the bed.
My door burst open and in came Heroin, who rapidly shut the door and locked it.
“What the hell did you do.”
“He punched me a-and said that he was sleeping with you anyway. I said that you wouldn’t do that to me, b-because, y’know, we don’t sleep with each other a-anyway other than that one t-time b-before we were dating. But he kept on g-going on and on so to stop myself from h-hurting him I ran h-here.”
He slid down to the floor, his head in his hands, crying. I ran to his side, putting a hand on his back.
“Y-you’re not, a-are y-you?” he sobbed.
“No, of course not, you know me better than that B.”
I wiped away his tears softly and kissed his cheek. “I’m not sleeping with anyone. I’m with you and that’s that.”
He nodded and attempted a smile. “I’ve been so low recently. I don’t know if it’s the supplement or what, but I feel like crying every minute of every day.”
“Sounds like PMS.”
He laughed a little. “I should hope not.”
He took off all of his sweaters and even took off his shirt.
“Any reason for the sudden strip?”
“I don’t like wearing shirts.” he shrugged. “And I’m really hot.”
“Yeah, h-a-w-t hot.”
He laughed again. “Blatantly, check out these abs.” he smiled, pointing to his flat, but not toned, stomach.
“They’re pretty.”
“Pretty? I suppose that’s the best I’m gonna get.”
“I was never a fan of muscles.” I shrugged. It was true, I don’t like guys with massive guns, it just wasn’t attractive.
I held his face in my hands and kissed him softly, then broke away, remaining very close to his face. “Hi.” I whispered.
“Hey honey. You know it’s been nearly a month together.” he whispered back.
“Really? Wow, time has really flown.”
“With you it has.”
He beamed and kissed me again, pulling me close. I melted into the kiss and a contented sensation took over my body, wanting me to be as close to him as possible. He placed his hands on the small of my back, tucking the top of his fingers into my skirt. I broke away slowly, kissed him once more, then rested my head on his bare chest.
“I can hear your heart beat.”
“What does it sound like?” he asked.
“An Irish jig.”
He chuckled and kissed the top of my head. “Fair enough.”
We stayed silent for a while, breathing deeply and holding each other. “Did he punch you hard?”
He picked up my hand and placed it on his cheek. “Does it feel swollen?”
“A little bit, but not noticeably.”
“Then no, he didn’t. I would’ve made him bleed if it meant that I wouldn’t be taken away from you.”
“I’ll punch him.”
“No, I don’t want you to hurt your pretty little fingers. I’m not being ‘women can’t punch, stay pretty and do the dishes love’ and all, but I don’t want you to get hurt, and your fingers are quite pretty.”
I laughed. “Okay Heroin, okay.”
“Do you want to go eat now?”
“But our timings are different.”
“Screw timings, if I want to eat with you, then I’m going to eat with you.” he said.
I let go of him and he was smiling widely at me. “What?” I smiled back.
“Just… just never mind.”
“No, go on.” I prodded his cheek.
“No…”
“Awh come on! You can’t keep it from me!”
“Just watch me.” he winked, got up, grabbing his shirt and running out of the room. I grabbed my keys and began to run after him. He now had his shirt on and was headed toward the cafeteria. I’ve always been quite quick so managed to catch up with him and pin him to the wall, his hands above his head.
“Now tell me, B.”
“What if I don’t want to.” he pouted.
“Then… I’m locking you out of my room.”
“That’s not fair!” he squealed. “It’s something personal and you may hate me if I tell you.”
“I won’t hate you. I don’t hate people, remember. Especially you.”
“A-are you sure you won’t?”
“Hundred-percent positive.”
“Okay.” he paused, kissed me once, then bit his lip. “Freya, I think I may love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
fuck.

Comments? And were you expecting that? Plus, what do you think'll happen next? :D