All You Did Was Save My Life

Chapter Two

I've been in Moscow for almost a week now. It really is a great place. The hotel I'm staying at is beautiful, I wish I could stay here forever. I've gone out sightseeing and out to bars and clubs, but I haven't really talked to anyone. The people are very nice though, generous and polite. Not what I expected from a big city.

Sometimes I wish I had someone to talk to, but then again it's not like I wasn't used to that back home.

I turn my iPod on and begin to shuffle through it as I walked through the streets of Moscow. Normally I would get a Bus, The Metro or a cab, but today I was visiting Оружейная Палата-Oruzheinay Palata, The Museum of the Ancient Weapons and it's not far from my Hotel.

The movement on the streets is fairly fast pace so I try to keep up and not get in anyone's way although I am a naturally slow walker. Or a Moper as my mom would say.

A horn suddenly blew from the street and startled me to a stop. As I stood for a moment looking towards the street I suddenly felt myself being flung to the ground. My head hit a street light that had been in front of me and I quickly moved my hand to my head as pain throbbed through it. I looked up to see the man that had pushed me, He was large, probably had about 150 pounds on me. I assume it had been an accident but still, he gave me a snarl and continued on his way. All City's have their Asshole's, Right?

"Вы хорошо?" (Are you okay?) I heard a voice ask from above me. My eyes quickly drifted up, finding myself looking into a pair of gorgeous blue eyes. After a moment I managed to drag my eyes from his and examine his face, the breath was taken from my lungs as I realized who it was, Alexander Ovechkin!

I could feel my cheeks flush bright red and my eyes went to the ground.

"Ummm...Uh...umm..." I managed as I searched for the correct way to reply in Russian. "Да, я хорошо......Спасибо." (Yes, I'm okay......Thank you.)

He reached his hand down to me to help me up, I hesitated for a moment but slowly placed my small hand into his much larger one. He pulled me up to a standing position with ease, and gave me a grin showing his missing tooth. I couldn't help but giggle and blush deeper, looking away from him once again.

"Вы понимаете русский язык?" (Do you understand Russian?) He asked, obviously having heard the hesitation in my voice when I talked.

"Я понимаю небольшой российский ..... только немного." (I understand a little Russian....Just a little) I reply "Я не очень хорош..." (I'm not very good....)

"Thats okay. I speak English." He grinned

I noticed his eyes go down for a moment and it was only then that I realized my hand was still in his. I blushed deeply and pulled my hand away.

"Я сожалею......I mean I'm sorry....I mean....I don't know what language I'm supposed to speak!" I sighed in embarrassment, smacking my hand against my forehead.

I hear him laugh at me.

"Its okay. We speak English. I know how it feel to have no one speak your Native language."

I smiled gratefully at him.

"I'm Elizabeth. Elizabeth Chernova." I see him raise in eyebrow.

"I've lived in Canada my whole life but my mom came over from Russia when she was a little girl." He smiles and nods.

"Well Elizabeth, I'm Alex Ovechkin."

"Call me Lizzy." I smile.

"Okay, Lizzy.....Sorry about jerk." Alex said looking off into the crowd.

"Its okay. I'm all good."

"Would you like to go lunch?" I feel my heart begin to thump against my chest and the heat on my face is like an inferno.

"Sure. I'd love to." I smiled, All thoughts of going to the Museum long gone from my mind.