All You Did Was Save My Life

Chapter Three

Alex led me to a nice looking spot, with tables and chairs outside. We took a seat and began to talk as we ate.

"So how long you stay here?" He asked

"Ummm.....Well, I live her now. I'm staying at a hotel right now and I'm booked there for another two weeks, but I'm working on a job and apartment." I sighed. taking a sip of my drink.

"What you do?"

"Like, work? Well....I don't really do anything I guess." I laughed "I mean, I didn't go to college or anything, I need a job that is just easy.....and doesn't require too much talking."

Alex smiled widely at me.

"Would you like go College?"

"Well yeah...that would be nice....But I could never afford it. Spent all my money coming here." I shrug.

"Why you do that? Leave home, Family, Friends." My eyes fell to my drink as I began to stir my straw around the coke and ice.

"I didn't really have any friends....well one. She was my best friend. But she's got a fiance....she's getting married and starting a family, she doesn't need me anymore. Without her, I had no reason to stay."

"What about Family?"

"I'm not close with my family...." I shake my head. "I never talk to my sisters and the only person I'm really around is my mom. But we don't get along."

I shrugged my shoulder's and took a sip from my straw, finally stopping my stirring.

"So I came here. For a fresh start....New life."

I feel Alex place his hand over mine, gently squeezing it. The blood rush to my head and my breath stops for a moment.

"You have friend now." He grinned "Me!"

"Thanks you Alex, That means a lot!" My eyes light up as I smile.

His deep blue eyes pierce through mine, small lines forming around his eyes as he smiles.

"If you do go college, what you do?" Alex asked as we continued eating.

"Hmmm....I don't know. I would be kind of torn between Psychologist and Sports Medical Physician." I replied as I took a bite off my fork.

"Yeah? What sport you like."

"Hockey." I reply, A smile tugging at my lips.

"Oh really? So you know who I am?"

"Well....Yeah." I blush. Looking at the table. "I mean, how could anyone who follows Hockey even a little bit not know who you are??"

When my eyes come back up I see that he's grinning at me, I thought he would be uncomfortable with me knowing who he was but he seems to not mind at all. I think he even likes it.

"Who's your favorite team?"

"Ottawa....But Washington is actually a close second."

"And I'm not just saying that! Its true!" I quickly added with a laugh.

Alex smiled and nodded.

After we had finished eating it was time to pay the bill. I picked it up and began to look over it working out how much I had to pay.

"So do you want to split it half way or pay for what we each got?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it. I pay." He replied. Taking the bill from my hand.

"No, no, no! You don't have to do that. I can pay."

"Lizzy! I ask you out, so I pay." He firmly stated.

Finally I sighed, giving up on my attempts.

"Fine. But I will repay you."

"How about come out with me tonight?"

"Sure!" I shyly bit my lip.

Alex reached into his pocket pulling out his cell phone.

"What your number?"

I took my cell out of my purse and handed it to him.

"Why don't we exchange number's?"

"Okay." He nodded beginning to punch his number into my phone while I did the same.

We exited the restaurant and back onto the street.

"Where you staying?" He asked me.

"The Swissotel Krasnye Holmy. Its not far from here."

"Ah! I know where that is."

"So I'll see you tonight?" I asked, shifting my feet nervously and looking up at him under my lashes.

"Yeah. It'll be sick time!" He grinned.

I couldn't hold back a soft giggle at his cuteness. This was turning out to be the best day of my life!