All You Did Was Save My Life

Chapter Five

I feel my head pounding, like a second heartbeat in my brain. I try in vain to open my eyes but as soon as they are met by the light of the sun coming in the room they snap back shut and I groan in pain.

I don't remember much of last night, but I do know that I am NEVER going to drink that much again. Normally I don't get hangovers but today was bad!

I roll onto my side restlessly only to feel myself colliding with the bare skin of another person.

My eyes snap open, ignoring the protest of my aching head and I see a shirtless Alex laying in bed beside me. It was only then that I took the time to take in my surroundings. This was not my hotel room!

I noticed a picture on the bedside table of Alex, with an older man and woman. They must be his parents, I can see the resemblance.

I begin to chew my lip nervously as I look down at his sleeping face.

"Alex..." I whisper softly.

"Alex!" I said louder, giving his shoulder a gently nudge.

He let out a groan and stretched his arms up over his head, rubbing his eyes with the palm of his hand.

"Hmmm.." He moans, blinking his eyes to adjust to the light.

"Uh....what....what happened last night?.....And....where am I?" I ask, raising my hand to my forehead as the pain again becomes very evident.

"I don't remember everything....lots Vodka...Dancing, Sick time. You hammered, I not remember where hotel was, so took you here. Don't worry, I no date rape you." He chuckles with a wink.

I giggle softly but quickly snap my eyes shut in pain.

"Do you have any pills?"

"Sure. I get them." He says, rolling himself out of the bed and walking towards the adjoined bathroom.

When he walked back into the room he was holding a glass of water and some pills.

"I'm sorry if I acted like and ass or anything last night and embarrassed you." I shyly tell him as I take the water and pills from his hand and pop one in my mouth.

"No! No embarrass me. Fun. Lots fun." He grinned, taking a seat next to me on the bed.

"So....Do you know any apartments around here.....or jobs?" I question with a laugh.

"Not that I know." He replied "I know some apartments.."

"Ones that I could afford?" I laughed

"Uh....No." He replied, making face and biting his lip.

"Well, Guess I'm screwed then!" I jokingly state, throwing my arms up in defeat.

"It okay. You get job, and apartment.....If not you stay here!" He suggested

"What?"

"I not here most of year, you could stay here...take care of place." Alex grinned, looking at me hopefully.

"I dunno.....Maybe....If I can't find a place by the time I have to leave my hotel....MAYBE! But I would have to at least pay half the rent."

"No rent. I buy here."

"Oh well.....I couldn't stay here and not do anything for you!"

"You would be. Take care of it while I gone." I sighed, looking up into his deep blue eyes.

"Maybe...." I relent, although I would feel like a moocher staying here. But If it does come down to that I won't stay long! Just until I find a place.

I looked down at myself for the first time noticing I was still wearing my Black dress from the night before, either I had kicked my shoes off or Alex had taken them off for me.

"Oh god....I'm going to look like such a slut walking into the hotel like this." I groan.

Alex laughs loudly at me.

"Anyone asks, just say you passed out. Pretty much true." He grinned.

"Okay, So my choices are skank or alcoholic." I joke. nudging his shoulder playfully.

My eyes land of the clock next to the bed and I see that its 12:30

"Oh my god! Its late!" I gasp.

"Do you want me take you back hotel?" He asks standing up and stretching his body.

"Sure....I could use a shower." I reply, glancing in the mirror at myself. My make up is messed up, not to bad but definitely not the way I remembered it! And my hair was a mess, I definitely had the 'I just had sex look'

"They are going to think I'm a total slut when I walk in there." I laugh, rolling my eyes.

"No you won't." He grinned, taking my hand and helping me up from the bed.

I scooped up my shoes off the floor and slipped them on my feet, looking around the room and finding my purse sitting next to the bed side table. I picked it up and glanced at the picture sitting next to the one of him and his parents. It was three boys, one of which I recognized to be Alex and his parents.

"Is this you?" I ask, grinning widely.

"Yeah. That me." He chuckles, picking the picture up off the table and looking at it.

"You were a cutie......Are those your brothers?"

The smile fell from Alex's face and he bit his lip looking at the boy who seemed to be the oldest, probably in his teens.

"Yeah...." He softly replied.

"Are....Are you okay?" I frowned, looking up at him worriedly and resting my hand on his upper arm.

"My older brother....Sergei....He passed away when I was 10....Car accident.."

My eyes widened and I felt my stomach tighten, I felt horrible for having upset him with thoughts of his brother.

"I'm so sorry Alex! I didn't mean to....I didn't know....I'm sorry." I stuttered.

Alex met my eyes with his watery ones.

"It okay."

I bit down on my lip and took a step towards him, wrapping my arms around his waist and pulling his body to mine. His face buried in the crook of my neck as his arms moved around me, tightening our embrace.

My hand ran gently up and down his back in a comforting manor.

"He would be so proud of you if he could see you today.....All the amazing things you've accomplished." I softly said, lifting his face up to meet mine and brushing away a tear that slid down his cheek.

"Thank you." He choked, running his hands down his face and beginning to blush softly. "Sorry..."

"Don't apologize. I completely understand, you can never truly move on after things like that....Its great that you aren't afraid to show your emotions. Its a very good thing." I smiled softly, running my fingers through his hair.

Alex rose his head, looking into my eyes. A soft smile came to his face and he took my hand in his.

"Thank you Lizzy..." He said, wrapping his strong arms around me.

I smile against his chest as my body melts into his, I've never felt as safe and content as I do now, In the arms of a man I've known for only days.