Status: active

I Almost Told You That I Loved You

3...

We got inside of my house and my two basset hounds charged out onto the front lawn. "So, you have animals" he said. "Yeah, and I also have two cats around here somewhere" I said. I sat my coat down on the couch and plopped down on top of it. Nate just stood there. "You can sit down, you know" I said. He shook his head, taking himself of whatever deep thoughts were going through his weird little mind. "So, have you heard anything from any of our friends?" I asked him. "No, not since a few months after we graduated" he said. I nodded. "Me either. I moved up here about two months after wards" I said. All was silent for a minute or so. "Did you tell anyone besides your family... and me?" he asked me. "Everyone that mattered. I told Liz the same afternoon I told you" I said. "Oh" he said, chuckling, "I completely forgot about her" he said. I looked at him for a few minute, noticing all of the differences. Same old face, with the same dirty blond hair color he had always had. He still had his piercing in his left ear lobe, and he was sill as pale as a vampire. He was basically the same, except he had grown more into his facial features. Actually, he had grown completely; he had went from 5'3" to about 6'0". He was taller than me now. "I can see you've finally grown" I said, giggling. "Yeah, shut up" he mumbled. We were laughing when my phone went off. I saw it was Liz, so I got up and went into the other room to go answer it.
Five minutes later, I returned to the couch. "Who was that?" he asked me. "It was Liz. I guess the plane ticket that she bought me to come back to Iowa with has to be used by next Wednesday instead of next Thursday" I said. "Oh, weird. I have a flight back to Iowa next Wednesday as well" he said. We both just kind of smiled at each other and then sat there in silence again. "What time is it?" he finally asked me a few minutes later. "Eleven o'clock" I said. "Awesome" he said. I laughed. He was always so stupid. However, things were so awkward. I could sense that he felt it, too. After our breakup, things had never been the same. "Remember the day before graduation?" he asked. I could tell that there was sadness in his tone of voice. Of course I remembered. It had never left my thoughts since it had happened. At that moment the rest of the sadness, pain, and anger came rushing back into my veins.
~~Flash back to May 19, 2012~~
Nate and I were sitting there, eating lunch in Subway on a Saturday afternoon. As I looked out the window, the pang of guilt came back into my troubled little head. I knew I'd have to tell him eventually, and I guess now would be a good time. "Nate?" I asked. "Yeah?" he asked. "I have to tell you something" I said. My voice was shaky, and he could tell. "What's going on, sweetie?" he asked. "Well...I... I'm moving" I said. He finished chewing the bite of sandwich he had just bit off and then after a long silence he spoke again. "Well, I can help you pack" he said. I just looked down and shook my head. I had to do this... "No, you do not understand" I said, "I'm moving out of the country, to Canada." He slowly dropped my hand from his. "Nate" I said. He just stood up and walked off, not even looking back at me. I broke down crying and Amy, my other best friend who worked up at the counter, came to my side.

That was the last time I had ever saw him.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments are always appreciated :D
lots of love to my subscribers!
if you have any ideas, let me know.
~Sully~