‹ Prequel: Booze, Boys, and Buses
Status: Active

Mommy, Maid, and Mrs. Sanders

Chapter Twelve

A month had passed since Tracie had been fired, and I was already sick and tired of being on tour. The only problem was, I no longer trusted Matt without me there. No way was I going to allow him to be caught anywhere without me. I barely trusted him on stage. It was going to take him a while to gain my trust again, but I knew in my heart he could build it back up.

The pressure of living with the same people for too long was building up too. Me and Kacie were fine, because we’d lived together before, but it was the other girls that she was having a hard time with.

“Whatever Michelle! You’re such a fucking bitch!” Kacie yelled.

“What do you mean I’m a bitch? You’re the one who woke everyone up this morning fucking Zachary!” Michelle yelled back at her.

I groaned and sipped my poorly made coffee. Thanks Jimmy.

“Hey why don’t you both shut the fuck up?” Leana said, raising an eyebrow.

“Because she’s a bitch!” Michelle and Kacie said in unison.

I rolled my eyes and left the bus. I hated listening to them bicker. It was either Michelle and Leana, Kacie and Michelle, or Lacey and Leana. I tried my best to leave the room when things started to go down. I dialed our house phone when I got outside so I could talk to the boys. They were kind of mad at me for being pregnant.

“Hi mom.” Max said to me.

“Hey kiddo, what are you and your brother doing today?” I asked, taking another sip of my coffee.

“Nothing, we’re just hanging out with Grammie and Grampie. When are you guys coming home?” He asked.

“I’m not sure. Probably in a week or two. I hope you guys are behaving yourselves. I’d hate to have Grammie tell me that you’ve been naughty.” I warned.

“No mom, we’ve been good. Do you want to talk to Travis?”

“Of course I do! It’s his birthday!” I exclaimed happily.

“Hi mom!” Travis sounded excited.

“Hey Trav! How’s my double digit boy?”

He giggled. He was my little baby still. “I’m good mom. Am I going to have a birthday party?”

“I’ll tell you what. As soon as we get home from tour we’ll most definitely throw you a birthday party. I want you to make a list of friends that you would want to have come okay?”

“Alright mom. I will.” Travis agreed.

I could just imagine the smile growing on his face. “Okay I love you pumkin.”

“Love you too mom.”

“Bye honey.”

The phone on the other line clicked. I sighed and closed my phone as well. Travis never really said goodbye when talking to someone on the phone for some reason. I wondered if he’d ever grow out of that. Probably not. The girls were still screaming on the bus. I very rarely ever got into it, but this time it sounded like someone needed to stop them. God knew the guys were loving it.

From what I could see, they were shouting very similar insults as before, but now they were in each other’s faces about it.

“All I’m asking you to do is quiet the fuck down with Zack! I just don’t want to fucking hear it!” Michelle said, practically kissing Kacie she was so close.

“Well maybe I will, if you will stop fucking snoring and shaking the whole fucking bus with that while you sleep! You may be getting a good night sleep, but no one else is!” Kacie said in retaliation.

“Come on girls. I know were stuck living together and it’s not exactly fun, but come on. We’ve been friends for upwards of ten years now. We’re all practically family. Michelle, just go get some of those nose strip things that make you stop snoring, and Kacie, you have a car, use it.”

Both girls glared at me for what felt like forever. Were they going to go ahead and solve their differences? Or were they both going to turn on me and start yelling at me.

“This has nothing to do with you Cassie!” Kacie shouted at me.

Of course they were going to start yelling at me.

“Yeah, if I am going to snore then that’s too bad for her. She’s going to have to deal with it!” Michelle agreed with Kacie.

“And who the hell wants to go out to their car to get it on? Not me!”

“Whatever, I’m done.”

I said before walking off the bus and leaving them to their bickering. Matt was standing by some stacked up amps writing something on a clip board.

“Whatchya working on?” I asked as I approached him.

“Oh, tonight’s set list.” He continued to scribble as I stood there.

“So of course Travis wants a birthday part, what little kid doesn’t? I was thinking Chuck E. Cheese’s, or something like that.”

“Yeah that sounds great babe.”

We turned around quickly when there was a scream and a thud in the dirt. Apparently Kacie and Michelle were taking this outside, and making it physical. Michelle was lying in the dirt with Kacie standing on the last step of the bus.

“Please help me.” I asked Matt, running toward them.

I ran and grabbed Michelle from behind, who was up and ready to get Kacie. Matt had Kacie and was trying to restrain her. Michelle was psycho, and I was a little worried. I shouldn’t be doing things like this while I’m pregnant. I didn’t want them killing each other though. I had spoken too soon. Michelle in a desperate effort to punch Kacie, reached her fist back, and in doing so, accidentally elbowed me in the stomach.

“Oh no.” I murmured, dropping to the ground.

Michelle gasped loudly, gripping my arms. “Oh shit, I’m so sorry Cassie.”

Michelle’s tears of anger turned into tears of fear and sadness. I knew she hadn’t meant to, but they should have stopped fighting while it was just verbal.

“Cassie!” Matt yelled, pushing Michelle out of the way and holding me in his arms. “We’re going to get you to the hospital okay? Someone call 911!” He yelled.

While he sat there and comforted me Michelle called for an ambulance. I knew I was going to be okay, but I just hoped that my baby was going to be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all enjoyed :) I'm going to try to update more now that I'm in school. Promise :)