Status: hiatus

A Girl Unknown to Love

The Mystery that is Rei

“Well, guess she’s a little mad at you.” Sota says, grabbing a cookie, and popping it into his mouth.

“Shut up!” Kagome shouts as she runs out the door after Rei. She looks around when she doesn’t see her. “Rei!” She shouts.

Almost an hour goes by without Kagome being able to find Rei. She sighs as she plops to the ground, breathing hard.

“I can’t believe she could disappear so thorough.” Kagome says in between gasps for air. Suddenly, her eyes widen. “I know where she is!” Kagome shouts as she spins around, and runs toward a nearby park.

When she gets to a huge tree, she looks up into it to see none other than Rei.

“What do you want?” Rei demands, glaring down at Kagome, who kicks at the ground.

“I’m sorry for lying to you, Rei. I really didn’t want to….it’s just that I didn’t believe that you’d believe me if I told you.” Kagome says, still looking at the ground.

“And tell me.” Rei says as she sits up. “When have I EVER not believed you?” Rei demands, glaring down at Kagome.

“You always have….it’s just that I was so worried….oh, this is stupid!” She looks up at Rei. “You want to know? Then follow me!” Kagome says as she walks away. Shortly after, she hears someone jump to the ground, and follow her. She smiles inwardly.

They get to Kagome’s house, and walk into the shrine. Rei looks at Kagome in confusion.

“What are we doing in here?” Rei asks, looking around the inside of the shrine.

“I’m going to tell you where I’ve been going when I’m not at school.” Kagome says, turning around to smile at Rei in a worried way.

“Okay, shoot.” Rei says as she takes a seat on the step.

“Well, I’ve been going to feudal Japan.” Kagome says simply. Rei looks at her for a moment.

“You’re serious, aren’t you?” Rei questions. Kagome nods. “Okay, well….that’s odd.” Rei says. Kagome sighs.

“So….you don’t have to deal with me anymore if you don’t want to..you can just act like we’ve never met.” Kagome says, turning to walk out of the shrine. Rei looks at her in confusion.

“What one earth are you talking about?” Rei demands, sounding insulted.

“You’re going to leave me now, aren’t you?” Kagome asks, looking at Rei, who smiles warmly as she walks up to Kagome and hugs her.

“You know, you’re not meant to be so absorbed in what other people say, Scardy Cat.” Rei says, smiling. Kagome pulls out of the embrace, and glares at Rei.

“I’m insulted!” Kagome shouts. Rei shrugs as she pokes Kagome in the head.

“Well, in that case…” Suddenly, Kagome trips over something, and both of them fall down the well. Kagome’s eyes widen at the same time as Rei when the blue aura starts to surround them. “What the hell!” Rei shouts as they land on the bottom of the well. “What was that?” Rei demands. Kagome looks at her with wide eyes.

“You…can pass through the well.” Kagome says as though she’s completely confused.

“Pass though the….well?” Rei questions as she look toward the sky to see that the sun is shining down on them. “Okay, this is weird.” Rei says as she sighs, and starts to climb up the wall. Kagome looks at her in confusion.

“Are you going to leave me yet?” Kagome asks in a light voice. Rei sighs as she shakes her head.

“I really wish you would get over yourself!” Rei says, shaking her head. “I'm not going anywhere.” She says, smiling. Kagome smiles back.

“That's a relief. I truly thought this would have been the thing that triggered your inability to stay with me.” Kagome says, smiling. Suddenly, she's pulled up out of the well.

“What the hell!” Rei shouts, completely surprised by the guy standing at the top of the well. She glares at him when he looks down at her.

“Who's your friend, Kagome?” The guy asks. Kagome smiles.

“This is my close friend, Rei. We go to school together.” Kagome says. The guy looks at her in confusion. “She came through the well with me.” Kagome says, pointing her pointer finger toward the sky. The guy nods as he goes to reach into the well again. Rei moves away from his hand.

“Get your hand the hell away from me! I'll not have you touching me!” Rei demands, glaring daggers at the guy, who pulls his hand back, looking a little surprised and angry.

“What the hell is your problem, woman?” The guy demands. Rei takes a step forward, and swiftly climbs out of the well with no trouble. As soon as her feet land on the ground, she takes a couple menacing steps toward the guy, only to stop when Kagome steps in front of her.

“Rei, this is Inuyasha. He's a friend of mine. Inuyasha, this is Rei, also a friend of mine.” Kagome says, motioning in between the two of them. Rei glares at Inuyasha even more.

“Well, since you're a friend of Kagome's, I guess I'll have to put up with you.” Inuyasha says, reaching his hand across the gap between them. Rei glares at it until he pulls it back. She takes three steps back before walking away. Inuyasha glares at her as she walks into the woods.

“Sorry, Inuyasha. I forgot to mention that Rei doesn't trust men.” Kagome says, sighing. Inuyasha look at her in confusion.

“She doesn't trust....men?” Inuyasha asks. Kagome shakes her head. “Why?” He demands. Kagome shakes her head.

“She's never told anyone. The only thing that we really know about her is that she got in trouble with the law a few years back, and moved to our city to start over.” Kagome says, looking in the direction Rei had disappeared in. “Besides that, her past is pretty much a mystery.” She says. Inuyasha looks at her with a critical look.

“And how...may I ask, did you get to be friends with such a dangerous person?” Inuyasha questions. Kagome looks at him with a serious look.

“She saved me.” Kagome says simply.
♠ ♠ ♠
Peace!!
KcA