Status: hiatus

A Girl Unknown to Love

Meeting the Gang

Meanwhile, Rei's walking through the forest, muttering to herself.

"That asshole actually thought he was going to TOUCH me! Ha!" Rei mutters as she jumps into a tree, and sighs as she makes herself comfortable against the trunk. Within a few moments, she's completely out.

A few hours later, Kagome's walking around a clearing, looking up in trees. Inuyasha looks at her in confusion.

"What do you expect to see in the trees? Birds?" Inuyasha asks. Kagome shakes her head.

"No....Rei has a habit of falling asleep in the tree tops." Kagome says, looking at Inuyasha as his face turns into a mask of confusion.

"You mean that crazy woman actually SLEEPS in trees?" Inuyasha demands. Kagome glares at him.

"So? You do too!" Kagome says. Inuyasha shakes his head.

"Yeah, but I'm a demon....it's in my blood to sleep in the trees....in fact, that's where most dog demons sleep." Inuyasha says, shrugging. Kagome looks at him in surprise.

"Are you.....serious!" Kagome questions, grinning. Inuyasha looks at her like she's lost her mind.

"Yes.....I'm serious. Why would I not be?" He asks in a confused voice. Kagome grins.

"Well, you just told me something that you've never told me before. I did not know that about dog demons....wait! Do you mean that Sesshomaru does as well?" Kagome asks. Inuyasha nods. "Weird."

"Would the two of you just SHUT UP already? Trying to get some sleep here!" A familiar voice shouts from up a nearby tree. Kagome walks toward it. As soon as she gets next to the trunk, she looks up the tree to see Rei sitting on a branch about 2/3 of the way up the tree.

"Wow. That woman can really climb." Inuyasha says, standing next to Kagome, also looking up at Rei.

"SHUT UP, YOU STUPID MUTT!" Rei shouts. Inuyasha's eyes widen.

"What did you just....call me?" He questions. Rei looks over her branch at him.

"What did it sound like I called you, you mutt." She demands. Inuyasha growls as he jumps up the tree.

"Inuyasha! Get down here!" Kagome shouts. He simply ignores her, and lands on the branch that Rei is sitting on. She glares at him.

"You might want to get off my branch.....NOW!" Rei shouts as she launches herself at him, knocking him off the branch with on push. He lands on the ground. As soon as he hits, he stands up, glaring up the tree at the woman standing on a branch, completely balanced.

"What the hell is your problem, woman! You're better in trees than most dog demons!" Inuyasha yells. Rei merely grins.

"I've been climbing trees for a VERY long time." She says as she sits down on the branch, kicking her feet back and forth. "Now tell me. What do you want?" She demands.

"It's not me that has something I want. It's Kagome." Inuyasha says, motioning toward Kagome. Rei's eyes widen.

"Kagome?" Rei mutters as she makes a swift move, pushing herself off the tree. Inuyasha runs around in a circle, getting ready to catch her, only to have her gracefully land on her feet a few feet away from where he's standing. "Sorry, I didn't see you past the idiot." Rei says, smiling. Kagome smiles back.

"No big deal....but hey?" Kagome asks. Rei looks at her with her head cocked to the side.

"What?" She asks. Kagome looks at her.

"Do you want to come meet everyone?" Kagome asks, smiling. Rei looks at her.

"Everyone?" Rei asks. Kagome nods. "Who is....everyone?" She asks.

"Miroku, the monk. Sango, the demon slayer. Kirara, the two-tailed cat. Shippo, the fox demon." Kagome explains. Rei sighs.

"Might as well." She says, but looks toward the opposite direction that Kagome's walking in.

"What is it, Rei?" Kagome asks, looking back at Rei.

"I.....don't know. I feel like I'm being watched." Rei says. She turns to look at Kagome, and shakes her head. "It's probably just my imagination." Rei says, smiling. Kagome nods.

"Probably." She says as the three of them walk off in the direction of Kaede's village.

As the three of them walk into the village, Rei's eyes widen when she sees a little kid come running toward them, and latch onto Kagome's leg.

"Thank goodness you're back! We thought you'd never return!" The kid shouts. Rei takes a step back.

"I know...I needed to go back home to get some more medical supplies.....um...." Kagome glances at the ground next to her. "Seems I've forgotten to bring it with me....whoops." Kagome says as an anime sweat drop appears on the side of her head.

"It's all because you brought this woman along with you." Inuyasha says, motioning toward Rei, who glares daggers at him.

"Would you.....SHUT UP already! It's only been a few hours, and already I'm sick of your voice! How the hell does Kagome put up with it?" Rei demands. The kid looks at Rei with a worried expression.

"Why did you bring another priestess here?" The kid asks. Both Kagome and Inuyasha look at him in confusion.

"What are you talking about, Shippo? Rei isn't a priestess." Kagome says, smiling.

"But....she's got a really strong aura..." Shippo says, looking at Rei. He takes a step toward her, only to stop when she glares at him.

"Stay away from me." She demands.

"What's going on?" A female voice asks. They all look forward to see a girl with a huge boomerang sashed across her back walking with a guy in monk clothes.

"Kagome and Inuyasha brought a scary lady!" Shippo shouts, climbing onto the girls shoulder next to a small cat. Rei smiles as the cat looks at her with a cocked head. To everyone's surprised, the cat jumps off the girls shoulder, and walks toward Rei. When it gets in front of her, she bends down, only to have the cat climb into her arms.

"......wow. I've never known Kirara to like somebody that fast before." The girl says. Rei smiles as she goes to hand the cat back to the girl, only to have the cat refused to leave her. "Come on, Kirara. Time to go get something to eat." The girl says. The cat looks from the girl to Rei, and back again before jumping onto the girl's shoulder.

"Well, looks like Kirara trusts you." Kagome says, smiling. Rei turns to look at her.

"I don't think the kid likes me." Rei says, shaking her head as though she really doesn't care that much.

"Shippo? Don't worry about it. Give him some time, and he'll come around. Oh! I almost forgot to introduce everyone!" Kagome says. She motions from the girl to the guy. "This is Sango, and Miroku." She motions toward the cat. "That's Kirara." And lastly, to the kid. "And this is Shippo." Kagome says, smiling. Rei nods before walking toward a nearby tree. She jumps up into it, and closes her eyes. Sango's eyes widen when Kirara jumps out of her arms, and runs to the tree. She climbs up it, and cuddles into Rei's lap. The two of them slowly fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Chapter three is.....up!
Peace!!
KcA