Status: hiatus

A Girl Unknown to Love

The Surprise Attack

Around three hours later, Rei wakes up, and yawns. She smiles when she sees Kirara laying across her chest.

“Hey little one…what did Kagome call you? …Kirara?” Rei says, petting the cat on the head. She meows, and leans into Rei’s hand. “You’re a cute thing.” Rei says as she sits up. “Though I don’t like that mutt.” Rei says, shaking her head in irritation.

“You do know I can hear you, right?” A familiar male voice shouts from a nearby roof top. Rei looks toward it to see Inuyasha laying across the roof. She glares at him.

“What are you doing? Are you copying me?” Rei demands, getting to her feet while Kirara climbs to her shoulder. Inuyasha also gets to his feet on the roof, and the two of them glare at each other for nearly twenty minutes before someone walks out of the house, humming. Inuyasha raises his nose to the sky, and sniffs.

“Mmmm!” He says in a dreamy voice as he closes his eyes.

“What? Is eating that important to you?” Rei demands, folding her hands across her chest. Inuyasha turns to glare at her.

“When it’s Kagome’s cooking….yes!” Inuyasha says as he jumps to the ground, and smiles at Kagome.

“Are you coming down?” Kagome questions, looking at Rei after her and Inuyasha had talked for a while. Rei nods.

“Yeah, starved.” Rei says as she jumps to the ground with a smile on her face. Inuyasha glares at her. “What is it, dog boy?” Rei demands, glaring at him with insulting eyes.

“What the hell are you so cheerful about?” Inuyasha demands. Rei looks at him in irritation.

“The fact that the best cook I’ve ever known has made me a meal!” Rei says, shaking her head as she walks by Inuyasha, and into the hut. As soon as she gets inside, the kid known as Shippo looks up at her with scared eyes, before running behind Sango.

“What in the world is wrong with you, Shippo?” Sango questions, looking behind her at the shaking child.

“The lady’s scary!” Shippo says in a shaky voice. Miroku drags him out of his hiding place, and glares at him.

“You will apologize to the lady, now. That was very rude!” Miroku says, glaring at the kid.

“It’s no big deal.” Rei says, smiling slightly. All three of them look at her. “I seem to have that effect on lots of people.” Rei says, shrugging offhandedly.

“That’s still no excuse for being rude. Especially since he doesn’t know anything about you.” Sango says in a disappointed voice.

“I know she has a scary aura…” Shippo says in a quiet voice. Both Sango and Miroku look at Shippo in confusion.

“What are you talking about?” Miroku questions. Shippo looks at him in surprise.

“You mean you honestly don’t sense anything?” Shippo demands, sounding surprised. Both Sango and Miroku shake their heads.

“Well, on a happier note, the food is done.” Kagome says, smiling as she walks into the room, carrying a rock full of fish. As soon as Rei sees it, her stomach rebels. She covers her mouth, and runs out of the hut, making it to a bush just in time to throw up.

“What’s wrong, Rei?” Kagome’s voice asks after a few moments. Rei wipes her mouth before turning to look at her best friend.

“I’m not sure…I just don’t feel that great…but it’ll pass.” Rei says, smiling reassuringly. Kagome’s eyes suddenly widen as the wind picks up speed, whipping her hair back. The next thing she knows, there’s around a hundred demons in the sky, looking down at the two of them.

“Um….Rei. I think we should get going.” Kagome says in a quite voice as she tries to pull Rei out of the view of the demons, only to cause their attention to focus on Rei.

“There’ssss the demon we’ve been ssssearching for!” A snake like demon says in a menacing voice as it looks directly at Rei.

“She’s not a demon! She’s a human!” Kagome shouts, pulling Rei behind her. When she glances over her shoulder, she sees Rei clenching her stomach.

“Ugh….I don’t feel so good…” Rei mutters, clenching her eyes shut. Kagome turns back to the demons.

“You sssssure about that, girl?” The demon questions, laughing evilly. Kagome glares at him.

“Of course I am! She’s my friend!” Kagome shouts. The snake like demon flies a couple yards closer to the two.

“If sssshe’ssss a mere human, then why doessss sssshe sssmell like a demon?” The demon questions, looking at Kagome critically. “Get them!” The demon shouts. Around twenty of the demons fly at Kagome, only to have a bright light shoot in front of her. She shields her eyes from the sudden light, made that much stronger by it being nighttime. When she looks, she sees Rei standing in front of her, surrounded by all the demons, who’ve been killed, but what surprises her even more is that it doesn’t look like her friend at all. Rei has warrior clothing. All her hair on her left side is braided with a metallic silver ribbon going through it. She has some kind of fluffy thing wrapped around her waist, along with her holding a sword. Rei looks over her shoulder at Kagome.

“Are you okay?” Rei asks in a worried voice as she looks at Kagome, who gasps when she sees the markings on Rei’s face.

“What happened to you?” Kagome asks, stuttering in her confusion and amazement.

“KAGOME!!!” Inuyasha shouts as he runs into the clearing.

“You’re a little late, mutt.” Rei says, turning to glare at Inuyasha.

“What the hell!” Inuyasha demands, looking at Rei in confusion.

“I don’t know….” Rei says, shaking her head. Inuyasha walks forward. He stops in front of her, and walks a circle around her.

“You’re a dog demon…” Inuyasha says in a confused voice. “But I thought you came from the future…and in my knowledge, there are no demons in the future.” Inuyasha says, shaking his head. Rei’s eyes narrow, and he steps in her path to get to Kagome.

“What? Do you think I would risk my best friends safety?” Rei demands, sounding insulted.

“I don’t know what you would do.” Inuyasha says simply. The three of them hear people running toward them. When they turn, they see Sango, Miroku, Shippo and Kirara. Kirara meows as soon as she sees Rei.

“Who the hell are you?” Miroku questions, taking a step in front of Sango. He raises his staff defensively. The two of them watch in confusion as Kirara jumps off Sango’s shoulder, and runs toward Rei.

“Kirara!” Sango shouts, holding a hand out. They both freeze when they see the smile on Rei’s face. “Hold on…the only one Kirara would do that to is someone she knows…” Sango says, watching as Kirara climbs into Rei’s arms.

“Then she must be…” Miroku mutters, looking at Rei in surprise. They all watch as Rei walks over to a tree, and climbs up it. They stand there in shock as Rei falls asleep. As soon as she loses consciousness, her clothing reverts to what it was, and her marking disappear.

“Well, that was…interesting.” Inuyasha mutters, shaking his head. They all walk back to the hut, and go to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long for me to get this one up...I truly like this one...but I would love to know what you guys think of it!
Peace!!
KcA