Status: Completed.

Turn The Lights On

Feel Free To Creep, Please.

“I met Joe Jonas two nights ago.” I said to my little sister. She’s seventeen and obsessed with the Brothers Jonas. I had called her to just to tell her this as I got ready for another night of work.
“Did you get his autograph?! Why didn’t you call him?!” She freaked out, scaring me a little.
“Chill…you know I can’t interact with the celebrities that come into the club.”
“I know…damn it.”
“Faye!” I scolded. “Don’t cuss, damn it.” I laughed. She giggled back and then informed me she had to go because her boyfriend was coming over. I would like to hear what mom has to say about that, but if I get mom on the phone, she’ll talk for ages.
As I went out the door, Elisa was standing outside her door reading mail before unlocking her door.
“Elisa.” I simply said.
“I loathe you.” She looked at me with hate filled eyes and I shrugged.
“I didn’t do anything.” I said aloud as I walked down the hall.
“You kept me from Joe Jonas! Did you know he’s worth like a billion dollars?!”
“Did you know you’re 26 and too old for him?” I asked her.
“Some of us can’t be blessed with young age, I’m sorry. Have fun working while I relax!” She said as she cackled and walked through her door. I flipped her off as the door shut and kept on the path to my car.
Amanda wasn’t working tonight, and I was upset by this. I had no one to write dirty notes about the other waitresses too. I hope she has fun with her boyfriend, Norman, tonight though. They’re like two peas in a nasty, little, tattooed pod.
When work was in full swing and it was hitting midnight, I got a drink order to fill of just coke. I waited on Ben, our other bartender, to fill the glass with just a simple coke. I looked at the table number on the ticket and looked towards the booth.
I was surprised to see Joe Jonas sitting in the booth, twirling his thumbs.
“Kate! Take this to booth nine!” I said, giving her the tray with the glass on it.
“That’s yours!”
“Just do it and I’ll…give you fifteen more minutes on break.”
She looked at me with skeptical eyes, then shrugged and walked off with it. I watched her carefully as she went to the table and set the coke down. I saw her write on a napkin, he sighed, and handed her a tip. When she came back over, she was blushing.
“You should have taken that table. He gave me a twenty dollar tip.”
“I’m good, thanks though. Go on break.” I said to her. She skipped to the back and I sighed. I decided to not pay attention to him and do my rounds. I had one big guy hit on me and I decided to give him a chance and dance a little with him. We exchanged numbers, but that’s as far as I got with it.
When the night was over, I left for home and another good night of sleeping.

Three days and two more job offers later, I’m hanging out in the worker’s locker room, getting ready and we hear a knock on the door. I walk to the door and open it to a big bunch of white Gerber daisies.
“Mrs. Hughes?” I heard the man behind the bunch of flowers ask.
“Yes?” I asked, confused.
“I need you to sign for these.” A hand reached around the bouquet and I signed the paper. He brought them in and sat them down where I instructed. “Thanks, have a good day.” he said and walked out.
“Who are they from?” Kate asked me.
“I don’t know.” I opened the note on the top and looked at it.
“Read it out loud!” One girl called out to me.
“Bea- White means simple beauty, these reminded me of your simple beauty. Take them and enjoy them. Signed your secret admirer.”
“Oh!!! Fun!” Kate smiled and sniffed the flowers. I was speechless at the gesture and just stared at them. I had my suspicions between Joe and this kid I like from the grocery store. His name was Chris, he was chunky and huggable. At the rate I’m going at, he’s my last hope of getting married.
I finished getting ready for work, worrying the rest of the night who sent me the flowers. Joe doesn’t know my name, Chris does though. And Chris is always calling me beautiful when he pushes my groceries out for me.

I sat on the couch beside Amanda, watching some television before we head to dinner.
“So who do you think sent those flowers?” Amanda turned to me.
“I’m torn between Chris from the grocery store or Joe Jonas.” She looked at me and laughed out loud. “What?”
“Joe Jonas? Don’t even…” She looked at me and my face didn’t change expression. “You’re serious. What makes you think it’s him?”
“Well…he was at the club two nights ago, again.” I said to her.
“Are you serious? He came back?” Right after she asked I heard a knock on the door and went to answer it. When I looked through the peep hole, I was about to pass out before I got the door opened.
“Mrs. Hughes?”
“Give me the paper. I’ll sign.” I said and reached for the clipboard. I signed my name and was handed a small vase of pink rose buds. They were closed tightly and were far from blooming.
“Secret admirer?” Amanda asked, coming to my side while I sat the vase on my dining table.
“Let me read the note.” I opened the small envelope and read aloud again. “Bea- Pink means innocence and gentility. I mean nothing more than an innocent crush by these flowers. Enjoy them, expect more. Signed your secret admirer.”
“I like the rush of it.” Amanda squealed.
“What rush?”
“The fact that it’s all secret and…cool. Very sweet.” She nodded. I looked at the flowers and couldn’t shake the feeling it was Joe sending them too me.
After dinner with Amanda and Norman, I went back home for a long night of much needed sleep. I sunk into my bed and fell asleep to Owl City on my iPod.

I woke up slowly and went into my kitchen for breakfast. I found eggs and bacon sitting on the counter waiting for me and looked around the room. I saw no one there, but saw a note on my television set.
I walked to it and picked the note off of the set. It read that someone made me breakfast and that they enjoyed last night. I kept reading to the bottom and saw no name. The name had been scratched out, so I set the note down and went back into the kitchen.
I picked the eggs up with a fork, and they were plastic. The bacon crunched in my hands like Styrofoam. I looked at the television that had just turned on and heard a familiar song playing.


I woke up to ‘Fireflies’ buzzing in my ears and saw the sun streaming into my room. I blinked a few times, thinking the night couldn’t already be over.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'ma have another one up tonight! W0ot!

-HammiHamz