‹ Prequel: It Rains When I Cry

A Healing Touch

The Empath and the Telepath (Part 1)

Brian was sitting with Michelle in his arms watching out the window as they waited for Willa to get there. The only one not here was Gena, who was at Zack’s parents with Kaila. Ana and Johnny were both really nervous about being over at Zacks. But then again so was Zack. They were all worried about that vision that Kaila had said something about, but they were hoping that without Gena there it didn’t mean now. They all had the same looks on their faces. They had to get Mya into that house otherwise they wouldn’t be able to figure anything out. Megan was trying to calm down Ana who was worrying about her daughter, and Angelique who kept glancing over at her and Johnny like she knew something that they didn’t, but that was most likely the case anyways. They all jumped when they heard a car door slam. Megan moved to the window since everyone stayed where they were and sighed telling the others Willa was there. It had been so tense in that room that no one had barely dared move away from one another and if you had to go to the bathroom, you went in pairs. They all moved to the window and all the guys fist clinched as they saw the guy that was with Willa and Mya. Matt was the first one out the door. Val popped in beside her sister and Michelle jumped.

“Dammit Val…”

“Sorry, hey someone go stop him before that gets ugly… he’s her cousin.” The guys looked at the transparent woman and eyebrows rose. They turned when they heard Matt speak.

“What in the fuck are you doing here JB?”

“Hi to you too Matt, just helping Willa here deliver the hermit.”

“I am not a hermit you fucking asshole, I just…OH damn tone the anger down…” Mya said turning and glaring at the man. He ignored her.

“Matt, calm down please before she gets anymore pissed than she already is… my heads hurting from her anger.”

“What the hell is he doing with you Willa?” Matt demanded and he didn’t like it when she smiled at that.

“You’re jealous.” Willa said looking at him with shock on her pretty face.

“No”

“Yes you are it don’t take a mind reader or a empath to see that.” Mya muttered.

“Admit it you’re jealous. You have no reason to be. God Matt, he’s my cousin.”

“Cousin…?” Matt asked

“Yes.”

“So you’re not…” she cut him off and walked to him and kissed him if it weren’t for the people standing inside or on the lawn he probably would’ve done more than kiss her. But that didn’t stop what went through his head from going through his head. Willa pulled back and gasped. “Willa…” Matt looked down at the red head in his arms.

“I… you… I could ….”

“It’s no big deal Willa, sheesh we all know you can read peoples thoughts.” JB said.

“But not Matt’s… I can‘t now but, I just seen everything that went through his head…” Willa was looking at Matt and they all turned when the others walked out of the house.

“Seriously why is Val ready to re-die laughing?” Zack asked walking out.

“Wait you couldn’t read him before and you still can’t…Willa that’s only happened with Hale…”

“Yeah but Matt’s not insane… well at least not like Hale…”

“So you saw what went through my head…?” Matt asked looking at her. She smirked.

“Yeah, so how soon you think you can get me home and in your bed?”

“Okay never mind don’t answer my question. Can we go over there now please? I really want to get back to Gena.”

“God dammit fine, who’s dragging her over there?” Matt asked pulling Willa into his embrace. He glanced up at the same time as Willa.

“You take care of him Willa…I know you will…” Val said and disappeared. It wasn’t the last time that they would see her and they all knew it. Matt smiled and took Willa’s hand and they all headed over to Ana’s house Mya dragging her feet. One look from Angelique however and she was on her way. She was obviously not happy about any of this. Willa concentrated on Matt and sighed thankfully. She loved the fact that there was no panic readable off of him. She loved that she couldn’t read him and she loved that she was falling in love with him. They made Mya go in first. The woman was glaring at them but Ana pointed to the door and tossed the key to the woman. Ana took Johnny’s hand and the others gravitated toward someone as well. Zack and JB watched as Mya walked in the door.

“So where the hell is he?”

“YOU!”

“YOU!” Mya exclaimed looking at the ghost of Cara as she spoke to Mya.

“Yes her, now, we’re hear for a reason. There’s something fucked about the place he buried Brook. You have got to talk to … MEGAN MOVE!” Willa yelled. Megan darted sideways in time to avoid the demon that appeared by her.

“What the hell was that?”

“Seriously Mya” Willa said shaking her head. Ana and Willa backed together. Megan pulled a knife out of her boot. Ana smirked everyone’s eyes went wide at that.

“What I learned a long time ago to come prepared when Ana’s involved.” Megan said smirking.