‹ Prequel: It Rains When I Cry

A Healing Touch

Las Vegas

After the initial shock of Jimmy’s announcement they were told they were going to Vegas for the night and staying there so that Gena and Zack could get married. They shrugged and about five hours later they found themselves checking into their rooms at the hotel and Megan and JB headed to the bar to wait for the couples. And of course Gena had insisted on having a nice outfit to get married in and was changing into her white sundress. She stood there and smiled at herself in the mirror and her Val who had made sure Zack wasn’t in the hotel room while she changed nodded and slipped through the door so that Zack knew he could see Gena.

The girls were emotional watching as Gena and Zack said I do and when they kissed Michelle was crying happily for her friend. Brian whispered something in Michelle’s ear and she looked at him eyes wide. Jimmy had whispered almost the same thing in Leana’s ear and the woman smiled and nodded. Jimmy and Leana said their vows and then Brian and Michelle. Johnny who was stone cold sober as was Ana looked at one another and said what the fuck and they went next.

“What about you Matt?”

“What about me what?” Matt asked a very drunk JB.

“You and Willa gonna get married?”

“What’d ya say Willa?” Matt asked turning to his girlfriend. She smiled at him and laughed at her cousin. She nodded though and they were the last of the group to wed that night. The next morning was going to be hell.

“Watch… tomorrow morning he’s going to forget he said that.” Willa told her husband as they walked to their hotel room.

The next day when they all met for breakfast the only ones with a hang over were Megan and JB. Although it was obvious that they woke up together. JB was sober enough now to notice the ring on his cousin’s finger.

“Willa…what the fuck is that?” JB asked her staring at her left hand.

“A wedding ring, what’s it look like dork?”

“What…but…you…just…started dating…?” JB stuttered

“I Know” Willa said grinning.

“Then why?”

“You’re the one that suggested it.”

“What? No didn’t.”

“Uhm actually…you did. Right after Johnny and Ana said ‘I Do’”

“I think I’d remember telling you and my cousin to get married Matt.”

“I don’t know JB, you were pretty drunk.”

“I was drunk and you listened to me?” JB yelled.

“Yeah so?” Willa said shrugging.

“I was drunk! You don’t do things drunk people think are good ideas!”

“We thought it was a good idea.”

“And wait you mean Gena and Zack… not Ana and Johnny.”

“No he meant Johnny and Ana…how drunk were you last night?”

“Apparently I was fucking wasted.”

“WEll then lets clue him in… dude only two people didn’t get married last night.”

“You Can’t be serious. You mean the two people who were soaked in alcohol are the only two people who didn‘t get married last night?”

“Ironic isn’t it?”

“No it’s fucked up babe.” MAtt told his wife.

“I still think you’re all fucking nuts…”

“Don’t make me tell Jimmy to throw something at your head from over there.”

“You woul---” JB stopped short when she raised her eyebrow. “Okay so yeah you would.”

“See why I’m in love with her.”

“Because she’s scary?” JB asked Matt. Willa turned and looked at Jimmy who nodded and a moment later a serving platter hit JB in the back of the head.

“Ow! What the fuck?” JB asked glaring as Jimmy laughed and then turning his glare to Willa.

“You should be thankful I didn’t request that it was something sharp.” Willa said smirking.

“Yeah whatever.” JB muttered.

“Can we join the others now…I’m hungry.” Matt said

“Depends is my cousin gonna have another dinner plate chucked at my head?”

“If you don’t shut up I just might.”

“Great…Megan a little help please?”

“Really guys... isn't it a little early for this? Can't you at least let me get over this hangover?” Megan asked.

“He started it.” Willa said pointing at JB.

“I'll deal with him later.. hangover needs to be gotten rid of first…”

“I’m still hungry you know…” Matt said.

“You’re always hungry…” Willa said shaking her head.

“Well I did work up an appeti--”

“Stop! Right there.”

Later that day they were walking up the walk to Johnny’s parent’s house Ana and Johnny hand in hand and Johnny had whispered something to Ana that she agreed with and it made her smile. He was the one that brought up that Kaila probably already knew they were married and wouldn’t be too shocked if she was the one to mention them being married. It made her smile because he was accepting them for who they were. She was so in love it wasn’t funny. She looked up as someone darted out the door.

“MOMMY!!!! DADDY!!!!” Johnny laughed and picked the child up swinging her around. She giggled and when Ana looked at the others that walked outside with her daughter she saw the looks on their faces. She smiled knowing that they were about to be shocked completely speechless. She wasn’t normally spontaneous like that and she didn’t care. They could be shocked at everyone else as well for they weren’t the only ones that had gotten married on a whim last night.