‹ Prequel: It Rains When I Cry

A Healing Touch

The News

Matt and Willa as well as the others watched as Val’s ghost dissolved as quick as she had appeared and Matt closed his eyes. How in the hell did you piss off the dead like that? Willa looked at him and she looked like she was ready to cry. Matt held her and sighed as everyone else looked at them.

“We better go…” Ana told them and with Kaila on Johnny’s hip and his parents who were there when they got there behind them they walked out the door. Johnny’s parents were going to follow them to the house and that way they could see where their son was going to live. When they got to the house Ana sighed as she realized what the crashing sound was. Val was pissed and messing with her house.

“VAL…” Ana yelled as she walked in the house.

“THIS IS YOUR FAULT…ALL BECAUSE YOU HAD TO BUY THIS FUCKING HOUSE!!!!!” Ana looked at the ghost of the woman that had died because of something that had been in her house. There was no arguing with the woman and Ana knew this from past experiences.

“Val, calm down…we can deal with this rationally…”

“Rationally…” a angel figurine flew past Ana’s head and she raised an eyebrow at Val. “…there is nothing rational about this…two months…I’ve been dead two months and he’s already married…”

“Blame JB, it was his drunken idea.” Ana said.

“JB!!! DRUNK!!! YOU NEVER LISTEN TO DRUNK SUGGESTIONS!!!”

“Funny he said the same thing the next morning. Look Matt’s happy isn’t that what you wanted?” Val looked at her and the figurine that was hovering beside her crashed down to the ground.

“Why are you right?”

“Uhm…”

“Don’t answer that.” Val said plopping down on to thin air and hovering in front of Ana. “Maybe…maybe I need to see that she treats him right then I’ll be happy…”

“So stick around and don’t freak every time they’re together. You’ll move on when you know they’re fine.”

“How do you know… hey turn on the news…” Val suddenly said and An shrugged and did as she was told. Her jaw hit the ground. She ran out to where Johnny was playing with Kaila and his parents.

“Johnny you might want to get in her and watch this!”

“Watch what babe?”

“The news.” Johnny followed his wife inside and a moment later his cell phone was going off.

“Dude we live next door…”

“Whatever, seen the news?” He glanced over as Ana opened her cell phone and answered it.

“Yes it’s on now…”

“Is it safe to come over?”

“Yeah, it’s over, I don’t know what we’re gonna do about this.” He hung up the phone and watched as Ana hung up her phone.

“Megan, JB, Matt, and Willa are on the way over.” Ana said.

“Zack and Gena too…looks like Brian and Michelle are already here…”

“As well as Leana and Jimmy…” And finished as the two couples walked through the door followed immediately by Zack and Gena. Once the others got there they all stared from the TV to one another.

“What the fuck do we do now?” Brian was the one to ask. Michelle sighed and sat on the couch.

“This is great, we can’t go forward and say we know something either, because then they would want to know how we knew.” Gena said and rested a hand on her stomach. Zack put an arm around her.

“Well we’ll think of something baby.”

“Zack’s right, I’m sure Cara and I can help too.” Val said sighing from one side of the room near the steps where she almost died. She hated this place and wanted out. She watched as Willa sat her hands on her forehead. She leaned her head on Matt’s shoulder and whimpered. “Hey, whoever’s the one panicking about this stop, you’re killing Willa with it.” Willa looked up and smiled weakly at her. Val nodded in return.

“Sorry, but maybe Angelique could help…?” Megan said.

“She’s headed back, this was too much for her.” Ana said. Then she glanced up. “Megan, Levi can help.”

“Maybe… I’ll call him.” They all waited while she called and Willa muttered a curse under her breath and put her head against Matt’s shoulder again. Sitting up had hurt her head. She closed her eyes as slowly everyone’s brains suddenly quieted as Matt’s arm went around her. They all looked up when the phone Megan was on hit the wall.

“He won’t help, we’re in this alone.”

“Damn” Ana muttered under her breath and bit her lip.

“We need to deal with Brook’s grave tomorrow, I’m not ready to do it today, Willa needs sleep, Gena needs to stay home, and we all need to be prepared for anything. Who’s with me?” Megan asked.

“Me, they don’t need to find what me and Ana did.” Johnny said.

“Yeah tomorrow it is…” Ana replied. Gena nodded and it was agreed. Tomorrow it was time to fight.