‹ Prequel: It Rains When I Cry

A Healing Touch

The Last Fight and Family Matters

The next morning came too soon for Willa who was stretching as she woke up. She sighed and knew that today was gonna be hell on her because she wouldn’t be able to concentrate on just Matt’s brain. Or just Matt for that matter. She sighed as she rolled out of her side of the bed as Matt did the same. Dressed in her pajama bottoms and top she went through the clothes she had brought over and just dumped on the top of the long dresser in the room. Matt watched as she did and smiled. Soon as this was over they’d get organized. He sighed as he to started going through his clothes. Today was the final fight and everyone of them knew it. He grabbed a t-shirt and jeans and was getting ready to pull them on a moment later when his phone rang. He pulled on his jeans and walked over to answer it.

“Hello”

“Hey son, I was just calling to remind you that we were all getting together tonight…”

“Yeah, we’ll all be there, already warned everyone, I think Johnny’s parents said something about coming over and helping out… look dad I have to go. I’ll see you tonight.”

“Okay, just… yeah see you tonight.” Gary told his son and hung up the phone. He sighed as Matt rolled his eyes and finished getting dressed. Willa looked at him in her jeans and tank top. She looked ready as she ever would be to kick a little ass. She was sexy as hell too. He took her hand as they walked downstairs and out to the car locking the house behind them. The duo sighed as they got in the car. They were meeting the others at the park. When they got there everyone was just arriving as well. Willa got out of the car and Val and Cara were both there. She smiled at them both and they let Ana and Johnny lead the way to the gravesite.

Stopping in their tracks when they saw nothing made them all worry. It didn’t feel right. Something was definitely wrong. JB and Megan watched as things started changing.

“ANA!!” Megan yelled and they all turned to see what had Megan worked up. They all swallowed as several demons came out of nowhere. The group was suddenly back to back in a circle.

“NOT GOOD” Ana yelled back to her best friend. The others agreed and Zack was glad Gena was pregnant for a whole nother reason. She couldn’t get hurt here right now. “REMEMBER THEIR SOLID. LETS TAKE THESE FUCKERS OUT” Ana yelled and the fight began. It was long and torturous but they slowly killed each one but more kept appearing. Finally they managed down to two and Ana swallowed as she realized they were the strongest of the group. Without a word everyone who had taken a dagger from Ana the night before threw at one of the demons and they were suddenly gone and the air settled and no threats were sensed by any of them. Willa turned however and was dropping to her knees on the ground beside Matt.

“ANA!!!” And Ana was at her cousin’s side immediately. As was Megan. Everyone was there surrounding them as Willa and Ana ripped Matt’s shirt off the rest of the way and mopped up the blood from Matt’s stomach. Willa was in tears as she wiped frantically at the blood. The tears were stinging her face as she muttered ‘Please God, let him be okay’. Once most of the blood was gone she started running her hands over the wound and even her tears hit the wound as well. Willa watched as it closed almost instantly. Matt slowly opened his eyes and she looked at him.

“You’ve gotta stop saving my life baby.”

“Stop giving me a reason to.” Willa answered as she helped him up. He held her close after wiping away the tears and they both glanced up at Val’s words.

“Take care of him Willa, I know you will now.” And with that Val was gone.

They were all walking into Matt’s parents as a group later that day all of them freshly showered and changed when Kaila cocked her head to the side and looked at Willa. She looked back at the child and raised an eyebrow at her.

“What Kaila?” Willa asked her cousin.

“I can't wait for my new cousin to get here…” Willa blinked a few times then turned and took the keys from Matt.

“I’ll be back in a bit…” and she was gone. Everyone stared after her. Ana looked down at Kaila and so did Johnny. Both of them shook their heads and Johnny picked up his step daughter laughing at her.

“What the fuck was that about?” Matt asked. Obviously he hadn’t registered what Kaila had said. They all walked in and Matt’s dad asked where Willa was and Johnny answered for him.

“She ran to the store for a minute.” Twenty minutes later Willa was walking back through the door and straight to Matt who was talking to Ana.

“Matt we need to talk and Ana… have a talk with that kid of your’s please…”

“About what?” Ana asked smirking.

“Ask Gena…” And Willa took Matt’s hand leading him out of the room, or almost leading him out of the room.

“Aww sneaking off… and she hasn’t even said hello yet.” JB said grinning at his cousin.

“Not quite... unlike you I know better than to start something when my family is downstairs and can walk in at any time.” Willa said smirking.

“What the hell Willa?” JB asked raising an eyebrow at his cousin. She wasn’t talking about what he thought she was. Was she?

“I'm just saying... I mean, it was you who got caught with your pants down and your girlfriend on her knees at that family reunion…” Willa said feigning innocence. Matt stared at JB then back to his wife.

“WILLA!!” JB exclaimed

“Hmm?”

“Don’t ‘hmm’ m. Besides we wouldn’t have gotten caught if it wasn’t for you…” He said glaring. Matt was trying not to laugh.

“Well maybe if you'd have kept your thoughts to yourself, I wouldn't have felt the need to let everyone else know what was happening…”

“Well maybe if you…” JB trailed off as Matt’s parents joined the group in the living room.

“What are you tall talking about?” Kim asked looking curious. There was a chorus of ‘Uhmm’s’ from the group as they looked around helplessly at one another.

“JB and some of his lower points as a teenager... Well maybe they were higher, guess it all depends on how you look at it.” Willa said.

“Shut the fuck up you were the one sneaking off with Matt as soon as you got here.” JB said glaring. Megan put an arm around him and he seemed to calm a little bit.

“Yeah to tell him something! Not to su--” She was cut off as Matt put his hand over Willa’s mouth to keep her from finishing her sentence in front of his parents.

“I’m confused.” Gary said

“Don’t worry about it dad, it’s nothing important…” Matt said shaking his head. Willa raised her eyebrows and said something that was muffled by Matt’s hand.

“Matt move you’re hand and let the woman talk. What was that Willa?” Kim told Matt then asked Willa.

“I said…” She looked nervous as she looked at Matt. “Actually it is kind of important.”

“Well What is it?” Gary asked his daughter in law.

“Uhm…well…I, uh…” Willa was stumbling over it somewhat afraid to tell them all at once.

“Willa? What’s wrong?” Matt asked her.

“Nothing's wrong, well I guess it depends on how you look at it. I mean, I don't think that anything is wrong, not really. I mean, yeah, sure, it's unexpected. Then again a lot of things have been unexpected lately, and--”

“Willa you’re rambling…” Ana said.

“I am?” Willa asked. Everyone nodded.

“Oh…”

“So what’s so important?” Kim asked.

“Well, uhm…you see… I…”

“Are you gonna spit it out?” JB asked rolling his eyes.

“She’s gonna have a baby!” Kaila exclaimed

“WHAT?” Everyone questioned looking from Kaila to Willa, to Matt who looked stunned.

“Surprise?” Willa asked.

“How’d the kid know already?” Gary asked as Matt spoke,

“A baby…” he grinned a moment later as it sunk in.

“Mhmm…” Willa said nodding. Matt smirked and kissed his wife as his mother spoke.

“Oh Gary did you hear that? We’re gonna be grandparents.” Kim exclaimed. Gary’s face was pale as he spoke as the happy couple pulled away from one another.

“How long have you known you were pregnant” Gary looked pissed.

“Since I walked in the door and Kaila said something…”

“Again how’d she know?” Gary asked.

“Might as well let you know now…” Willa said sighing.

“Willa it’ll be okay, I love you. That’s all that matters.” Matt said putting an arm around her pulling her closer. Willa smiled at Matt then looked at her in-laws.

“ I know this is going to sound a bit off, but uhm, she has visions. Everyone in our family has some sort of... Gift.”

“Gift? Visions?” Kim asked. Gary’s eyes hardened

“I know. It sounds crazy... but it's true. I'm telepathic and a healer. Ana... well, we're not quite sure what she's got anymore. Other than some crazy intuition…”

“Everyone in the family?” Gary said staring at Matt wondering what his son had gotten himself into.

“Yeah, my half sister had a gift, my great grandmother has one, the baby probably will…” Willa said biting her lip. Gary looked skeptical.

“Hey I’m not related to her and I have telekinesis.” Jimmy offered up trying to help the situation.

“Since when?” Gary asked.

“Always.”

“It’s no big deal. And we’ve all always loved Jimmy too.”

“: If it helps, I can tell you Jimmy's not delusional…“ She giggled “…nor has he been smacked in the head with a few too many drumsticks…”

“How did you?” Gary asked.

“Telepathic remember”

“I knew there was a reason I didn't buy that whole 'I read people really well' thing…” Gary said shaking his head.

“Well technically she does. Just not the way we lead you to think.” Matt said.

“Oh God…” Kim said.

“And you’re okay with this Matt?” Gary asked his son.

“Yeah, besides she can’t read me. Well most of the time anyway.” Willa smirked as Matt nodded and JB looked disgusted. Everyone else just laughed and Matt kissed Willa in one kiss letting her know he was always going to be there.