‹ Prequel: It Rains When I Cry

A Healing Touch

What A Family

Ana was sitting impatiently with the family bible in her lap and at her great grandmothers side and you could tell that she was nervous. They had just shown up and shocked the hell out of her cousin. She had recognized Angelique from a picture that her dad had so had no problem letting the two of them and Gena in. She told them she needed to finish up with an article she was writing for a magazine that she was doing and she’d be right with them. She rejoined them five minutes later.

“So your Angelique, well I guess it would be Aunt Angelique.”

“Yes miss Mya I am. This is my great granddaughter Ana, and her…”

“Your pregnant.” Mya said looking at Gena. Gena looked at her, she still wasn’t used to people knowing things before she told them. Or knew herself for that matter.

“How’d…”

“Sorry I read emotions and she’s really happy about being pregnant. It’s kinda radiating off of her.”

“Yeah, sorry, I’m Gena.”

“Nice to meet you, I’m Mya. Was there something you wanted to speak to me about? Or was this a looking for my dad’s family type thing?”

“Actually we wanted to talk to you about your brother.”

“I have nothing to say about him.”

“Mya, is he still in that house?”

“I said I have nothing to say.”

“MYA, I have to know. Whatever it is killed a woman there, three years ago. It killed my boyfriends friends almost fiancé, it SHOT my boyfriends friend!”

“You sure use that word a lot…” Gena said laughing.

“Sorry can’t help it, still getting used to someone loving me for me, and loving my little girl at that. Wow, okay, I’m alright honest.”

“And I’m still not talking about Hale.”

“Look..” Angelique started to say.

“GET OUT”

xoxox

Willa walked out of the hospital after getting her friend Gerri to come in and cover for her. Matt was released and since he didn’t have to be on pain meds he was okay to drive, but she said he could just give her directions, that she’d drive. He shook his head and followed her to her car. He smiled when he saw that it wasn’t a car at all but a White Yukon. Apparently she wasn’t a car kinda girl. She let him get in the passenger side and then got in the drivers side. He gave her the directions to Zack’s parents and she got them there in one piece. When Matt stepped out of the vehicle everyone was on him like vultures.

“Oh my god guys get the fuck off me.” Matt said and everyone stepped back. Kaila looked up at him.

“Are you okay Matt?”

“Yeah Kaila I am. Where’s your mom?”

“She went with Gena and Nana A…”

“Stupid bitch wouldn’t listen to us and now I know something’s up…oh hi Matt.” Ana said as she slammed out of Gena’s car.

“Wow…” Willa said watching the girl just flip out as she got out of the car. The old woman behind her stopped and stared at her for a minute. She watched as the woman’s eyes trailed down to her neck where she had her fathers cross on a choker chain on her neck. She looked curiously at the old woman. She typically didn’t do this but she reached into the woman’s head. ‘That’s Lee’s cross…why would she have it? Did that horrid woman pawn off a family heirloom?’

“Aren’t you the nurse from the hospital.” Ana asked.

“Yeah, what’s with her?” Willa said pointing to Angelique.

“Where’d you get that cross?” Angelique asked her. Everyone looked at her then to Willa.

“It was the only thing that I ever got from my father. It was his…”

“Your father?”

“Yeah, I never met him, but he was supposedly this really great guy, I met my sister though, she’s kind of a bitch, but you get used to her.”

“You’re sister?” Ana asked… ‘there is no way in hell this chick is related to Mya.’

“Yeah, Mya Mason, she keeps to herself a lot, actually you reminded me, she called me earlier…”

“She’s a total bitch.” Ana muttered.

“Wow, when you’d meet her?”

“About two hours ago. Some cousin I have.” Ana muttered. Johnny put a loving arm around her and Matt shook his head.

“Wow, and I thought my family was fucked up.” Matt muttered. Johnny said nothing as Ana leaned into him and Kaila walked over and reached up to Johnny. He picked her up and she nuzzled her head onto his shoulder and was asleep instantly. Ana looked a the little girl in her boyfriends arms and smiled. He loved her, he loved her daughter and that was all that mattered to her.

“So yeah uhm Lee kinda thought you might want to meet Willa…” Matt trailed off and glanced around thinking he had heard someone behind him.

“Something wrong Matt?” Angelique asked.

“No, nothing.”

“I’m Willa O’Shannon”

“Irish…”

“By my mother’s side yes.”

“And your father do you know much of him?”

“No, only that my sister hates him for…well never mind.”

“By the way Zack, that Mya chick seriously needs to warn someone when she tells them what they’re feeling before they know what they’re feeling.” Gena said finally making her way to her boyfriends arms.

“Well I see she told you about herself.”

“No until she told me something I already knew.” Gena muttered glancing in the red head’s direction as Zack pulled her closer.

“And what was that?” Zack asked.

“That I’m extremely happy to be having a baby.” Gena said looking at him in his beautiful green eyes. He grinned.

‘Wow, okay, uhm so why did you go to see her?”

“Because we wanted to know about her brother.”

“Hale, he was an ass, he died in front of the house that he grew up in.”

“We know that much.”

“He was completely insane. There was this girl that he wanted, he couldn’t have her, she was already married. She had a little girl named Brook. She loved her so much, but when the child was almost two she disappeared, they found a lot of blood on the driveway of her parents house, I know it was Hale, I saw it in his head. And he had practiced before, there were at least two others before he became too hard to read. He died when she bought that house, not physically but he went completely insane. He drank himself stupid and shot himself. Right there in front of the house. No one was home on either side of it and the neighbor across the street called the police. I think he’s still there and I know Mya knows more, she just won’t tell me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
okay yeah so i would like to thank Jessica C., one of my besties, for the help with dialouge not in this chapter but in others to come, and also previous chapters of this as well as IT RAINS WHEN I CRY, and a bunch of other stories I have written. She is an amazing friend and I love her to death.