‹ Prequel: It Rains When I Cry

A Healing Touch

"To Ana"

Ana held her baby close and never wanted to let go. Johnny sighed as he watched her with Kaila. She was such a good mother. And she was a beautiful woman all together. He loved how even with her problems as she called them she could still find room in her heart to love people and care about them. In the short time that he had known her he had fallen so far in love with her that he had been so scared when she had gotten hurt earlier, that he had thought he would loose her. And now he watched as she looked up from her child and across the room to him a soft smile on her lips and a tenderness in her eyes. They had moved to Johnny’s house after they got their second wind.

“So what happened over there?” Angelique finally asked.

“Well the son of a bitch is summoning Demons now Nana.”

“You should’ve seen Ana though she kicked ass.” Matt said causing them all to laugh.

“You came out of a fight with a demon unscathed?”

“Not entirely…”

“Where’s your wound it most be tended too immediately.”

“It was Nana…”

“By who?” Angelique asked. Willa raised her hand and Angelique raised an eyebrow. “Well alright, I’d still like to see it even if a nurse has already looked at it.”

“There’s nothing to see, no marks…” Willa said and Ana nodded encouragingly at her. “…I’m a healer.”

“There hasn’t been a healer in the family in centuries.” Angelique said staring at the girl.

“Well I am. I don’t normally use that particular gift that often. Twice recently.”

“Twice?”

“Well uhm a gunshot victim at the hospital and then Ana today.” No one said a word about that victim being Matt.

“I see, be careful, that’s a dangerous gift to have.” Her eyes flashed to Matt.

“My sister told me they were both curses. I consider them gifts, I have them for a reason.”

“See Nana isn’t she awesome.” Ana asked and they all laughed. Megan took Kaila upstairs to the bedroom that Johnny had let Ana set up for her and a moment later was back downstairs shooing them all out so they could go to a club. They left taking five cars. Matt drove his own as did all the other guys, their women riding with them, Willa riding with Johnny and Ana. They got there and headed in and soon the girls were laughing as they danced together on the floor. See Gena couldn’t drink but didn’t mean she couldn’t have fun and still go out with them. Matt was sitting at the table looking around at the people he considered his friends and sighed. As soon as the girls finished dancing to the current song they all came back and picked up their beers.

“There’s only one thing to say right now. To Ana! We know who to turn to if we need someone to kick some demon ass!” Matt said and the others laugh. They knew his plan was to get shit faced. It was the first time out since Val had been gone. He missed her terribly at that moment. Especially when he saw Michelle and Brian on the dance floor later on in the night. He ended up drinking enough to dance with Willa a few times too. There was something about her that he couldn’t quiet put his finger on but all he knew at that moment was he needed to feel and she was more than willing to make him feel at that moment.

A few hours later as they all started leaving Ana noticed that Willa and Matt seemed to be leaving together and she motioned for the others who all watched as Matt held Willa’s hand as they left together. When Matt got to his place he got inside and Willa found herself with his lips pressed to hers and her arms around his neck. He pulled back and ran a thumb over her lip before kissing her again. He took his time before he took her.

Ana and Johnny tip toed inside his house past where Megan was asleep on the couch and then past the bedroom that Kaila was in and Johnny touched Ana’s cheek as he closed the door behind them to his room. She smiled at him and wrapped her arms around his neck. He kissed her and slowly their clothes fell and he laid her down on the bed and made love to her for the first time since he met her.

Brian and Michelle were the last to leave the club and as they did Michelle turned before getting in Brian’s car and glanced behind and around her. There was no one there but she could’ve sworn that she had felt someone touch her shoulder. She could’ve sworn that she had felt her twin sisters presence. She sighed and shook her head and got in the car. She just chalked it up to being drunk. Brian asked her if she was okay and she nodded and grinned in his direction. As soon as he was in the car she leaned across the center console and kissed him tenderly and then told him she loved him.

Zack walked inside his parents house with Gena and his mom smiled at the completely sober couple as they walked in. Zack hugged her and told his mom that the two of them were going to bed. His mom nodded and watched as the two made their way upstairs. She smiled and couldn’t ask for a better woman for her son. She knew that Gena loved Zack and that Zack loved Gena, so she wasn’t concerned like most parents would be about the fact that the two weren’t married and they were having a kid together. The couple seemed genuinely happy about it. She wasn’t going to let them over think it too much. She wanted a grandbaby.

Jimmy and Leana barely got into the house before they were ripping one another’s clothes off and Leana smirked at him as she undid the button on his jeans. He wasn’t gonna complain about that especially since she was no longer standing in front of him and was know on her knees. The only thing he could think at that moment, well the last coherent thought he had was ‘oh god I’m a lucky man.’