‹ Prequel: It Rains When I Cry

A Healing Touch

What I Want

Matt grinned as he ran a hand through her hair as she lay sleeping beside him. He turned his head sideways and smiled as he pulled her closer to him. She began to stir in her sleep. She opened her eyes and looked at him. Her eyes still held that dreamy state they were in when you first wake up and Matt smiled at her. She moved a little closer and he moved away so that he could move to lean over her.

“Morning Willa” Matt said and didn’t give her a chance to respond, because he placed his lips to hers.

“Mmm morning Matt…” She wrapped her arms around his neck and he grinned against her lips as her body responded to his touch.

Kaila was awake before her mom and she went and woke up Megan instead of her mom. Megan took her to the bathroom and then the two of them went downstairs. Kaila was smiling as she climbed up into her booster seat while Megan got her a bowl of cereal.

“Okay Kaila, what’s up, you’re extra happy this morning.”

“She should be.” Kaila looked at Angelique and smiled at the other woman. Johnny and Ana walked in moments later and looked between the two. They all jumped when Val popped out of nowhere.

“You really have a bad habit of doing that don’t you?” Johnny asked.

“What I’m bored, I can’t go annoy Matt, or my sister, so you guys were next on my list. And I don’t wanna witness Gena puking so yeah.”

“What about Jimmy and Leana?”

“Uhm, well hang on…” They watched as she didn’t disappear just walked to the front door. Johnny rolled his eyes. Jimmy and Leana were walking up the front path. Johnny opened the door and the two walked in.

“Hey guys, hi Val.” Jimmy said. Leana stopped and turned and looked at Val.

“What the fuck…” Leana said…

“Oh c’mon you saw me yesterday.”

“Uh… I thought I was seeing things…”

“Nope sorry… it’s really me.” Val said to Leana.

“Oh my god.”

“Oh get over it, I’m here to help, although apparently nothing’s getting done today.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Johnny said as he walked in with Kaila on his hip.

“Aww cute Johnny.” Val said and tilted her head sideways as the child as she buried her head on Johnny’s shoulder.

“Shut it Val, why can’t we do anything about whatever that was yesterday, today?”

“Matt’s a little preoccupied.”

“What the hell does that mean?” Megan asked walking over.

“It means, I was gonna remind him Willa was needed this morning to talk to her sister and yeah, we don’t want to go there.”

“No let’s not” Ana said laughing. “Are you hanging around here for a while?”

“No, I was gonna go hang with Cara. Spy on Hale that kinda thing. Fucker thinks he’s gonna get away with killing me and shooting my boyfriend he’s got another thing coming. Stupid bastard.” They all shook their heads as she disappeared.

Michelle was sitting thinking about where her life was going and missing her sister. She sighed as she stood from the kitchen table and glanced at the picture that had been taken only three weeks prior to Ana moving in. It was of her, Brian, Matt, and Val. She sighed and closed her eyes trying to remember the last thing Val had said to her and she couldn’t. Brian walked downstairs and that’s where he found his girlfriend moments later. He sighed and pulled her into his embrace. With everything that had been going on lately he had finally made a decision last night about something he had been trying to figure out how to do for so long now.

“Michelle, are you okay honey?”

“Yeah, just missing sis, I’ll be fine Brian.”

“Are you sure, you look distracted.”

“I just miss her that’s all. It was hard seeing her there yesterday.”

“Yeah, hey Michelle, there’s something I wanted to ask you.” Brian said Niether of them knew that Val was there. She wasn’t letting them see her. She knew it was hard on her sister.

“What Brian?” She asked turning to face him. He bit his lower lip and handed her a tiny box. She looked down at it and then up in his brown eyes.

“Chelle, will you marry me?” Her eyes softened as she looked up at him.

“Yes…” and he pulled her to him a moment later. She wrapped her arms around him and held him tight, not wanting to let go. Oh god she loved him. Val faded quickly from the scene and found her self back at the house she had been attacked at. Because she hadn’t died there she wasn’t trapped there.

The group sat there trying to figure out just how in the hell they were gonna get Mya to help them and they weren’t having any luck. What they needed was Willa. They made Leana call and when she did she threatened to go over and drag their asses out of the house if she had to.